2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

Melo can never coexist with a volume scorer who primarily scores in the low post. It has nothing to do with whether he wants to or not. The only scorer that can coexist with Melo is a perimeter scorer or someone like Lebron or a pg that can facilitate.

Okafor is the biggest name in college ball and he has stats so people just assume he should be the 1 pick but there is no way Melo and Okafor can ever play together.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melo can never coexist with a volume scorer who primarily scores in the low post. It has nothing to do with whether he wants to or not. The only scorer that can coexist with Melo is a perimeter scorer or someone like Lebron or a pg that can facilitate.

Okafor is the biggest name in college ball and he has stats so people just assume he should be the 1 pick but there is no way Melo and Okafor can ever play together.

Melo cant coexist with anyone.  Hes a franchise killer.  As long as he's on the Knick's nothing else matters.  Sad, but true.

I like Towns over Okafor.  What Towns does in 20 minutes of play compared to Okafor does in 30 is extremely impressive.  Especially when you consider the mouths to feed on that team.   I also think Towns has the ability to develop that deadly big man mid range jumper that Okafor show's no ability of ever developing (air balled a free thrown the other night).

But, Lonely probably has right above.  So yeah, Go Knicks! 

Knicks fall to third in the lottery, Okafor/Towns go 1-2, Phil takes Russell over Willie Cauley-Stein. The only good thing about being a Knicks fan is that it makes rooting for the Jets seem like fun by comparison.

Russell won't be a bad pick at 3.

As to Melo, I'm telling you, everything changes with the pick because if it's top 2 Towns/Okafor become the face of the franchise.   Also, Melo has shot more 3s the last 3 seasons and has a midrange game.  I don't see how that conflicts with Okafor.  Melo has 4 years left.  Unless Jax is a complete idiot, he's not altering the next 15 yrs for the next 4, maybe less considering the new CBA negotiation and potential lockout.

Russell won't be a bad pick at 3.

As to Melo, I'm telling you, everything changes with the pick because if it's top 2 Towns/Okafor become the face of the franchise. Also, Melo has shot more 3s the last 3 seasons and has a midrange game. I don't see how that conflicts with Okafor. Melo has 4 years left. Unless Jax is a complete idiot, he's not altering the next 15 yrs for the next 4, maybe less considering the new CBA negotiation and potential lockout.

Russell would be a terrible pick at 3. We'd be better off taking Mudiay. Carmelo is just an albatross no matter what. His being here doesn't really change anything as far as the draft and stuff.

Russell would be a terrible pick at 3. We'd be better off taking Mudiay. Carmelo is just an albatross no matter what. His being here doesn't really change anything as far as the draft and stuff.

I agree, Melo is a non-entity in the draft process because his presence doesn't alter anything.

I don't see how Russell at 3 is a bad pick.  Over-reaching for WCS at 3 is a bad pick.  Russell can ball and he's only 19.  If NYK lose out on Towns/Okafor, a FA/draft combination of Monroe and Russell is not a bad starting point.

The problem with Mudiay is the lack of film and scouts/GM don't want to get burned like what happened with Exum.

Knicks fall to third in the lottery, Okafor/Towns go 1-2, Phil takes Russell over Willie Cauley-Stein. The only good thing about being a Knicks fan is that it makes rooting for the Jets seem like fun by comparison.

You want Cauley-Stein over Russell? I like Cauley-Stein but he's a 10 and 10 guy in the nba Russell is going to be a great pg and it's a pg league.

What planet are you from that your posting this stuff?

You're literally the only person who says that.

I was looking forward to proving you wrong, but I just googled and bingd (is that even a word?) D'Angelo Russell Sucks, and it's actually true. He is literally the only person on the Internet who says that. I'm not sure if that means it's insane or so brilliant that it's blowing my mind.

I was looking forward to proving you wrong, but I just googled and bingd (is that even a word?) D'Angelo Russell Sucks, and it's actually true. He is literally the only person on the Internet who says that. I'm not sure if that means it's insane or so brilliant that it's blowing my mind.

You do know who that is, don't you?

so what was phils big message today ?  "please keep paying we promise we'll get better" ?

I would've paid money just to ask him questions, such as, "You've sold low on every asset you've traded in building the worst team in club history.  What gives us confidence that you can build a winning team?"

And, "Do you actually agree with the ramblings of Charley Rosen?"

Almost at the half and I don't even see how this can possibly be a debate between Towns and Okafor. Okafor is one of the greatest offensive prospects ever for bigs. There isn't anything Towns does as well on the court. He's a more well-rounded guy but Okafor's ceiling is galaxies higher. I get that people like to debate about this sh*t but I don't see the argument here.

And I hate Duke and fully believe that the Duke curse is real. But **** man. The Knicks are going to overthink this sh*t when it's so glaringly obvious.

Almost at the half and I don't even see how this can possibly be a debate between Towns and Okafor. Okafor is one of the greatest offensive prospects ever for bigs. There isn't anything Towns does as well on the court. He's a more well-rounded guy but Okafor's ceiling is galaxies higher. I get that people like to debate about this sh*t but I don't see the argument here.

And I hate Duke and fully believe that the Duke curse is real. But **** man. The Knicks are going to overthink this sh*t when it's so glaringly obvious.

This.

And Okafor is built like an ox to boot.  I like Towns as a prospect and would love to have him as a Knick, but if Okafor is there to draft, Knicks better ******* do it.  Okafor has a presence on the court and he has those Grim Reaper hands that just swallows the ball.  Jax thinks he's the smartest man in basketball and will overthink this.

Also, Calipari in a big game is scary.  They're up 4 with 4 minutes left and Kentucky freezes out Towns and the guards are taking stupid shots so they lose the game.

I think Okafor is going to eat Kaminsky alive.

CByPGYVUMAE0syQ.jpg

This.

And Okafor is built like an ox to boot. I like Towns as a prospect and would love to have him as a Knick, but if Okafor is there to draft, Knicks better ******* do it. Okafor has a presence on the court and he has those Grim Reaper hands that just swallows the ball. Jax thinks he's the smartest man in basketball and will overthink this.

Also, Calipari in a big game is scary. They're up 4 with 4 minutes left and Kentucky freezes out Towns and the guards are taking stupid shots so they lose the game.

I think Okafor is going to eat Kaminsky alive.

CByPGYVUMAE0syQ.jpg

Dude is a Duncan clone and we're sweating someone whose ceiling is Andrew Bogut.

Dude is a Duncan clone and we're sweating someone whose ceiling is Andrew Bogut.

I dont get it either although I think Towns ceiling is higher than that. I think Tyson with an offensive game.

Its just that Okafor is a force of nature. Cant see how anyone can pass on that. Draft Towns as a consolation, not instead of Okafor

Archived