2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

I like Okafor and Towns and would be happy with either, but one thing in Okafor's favor is the quality of his supporting cast is worse than Towns.

Kentucky is like USC in Bush-Leinhart years. Where would Kentucky be without Towns compared to where Duke would be without Okafor. Okafor has carried them all season.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Okafor and Towns and would be happy with either, but one thing in Okafor's favor is the quality of his supporting cast is worse than Towns.

Kentucky is like USC in Bush-Leinhart years. Where would Kentucky be without Towns compared to where Duke would be without Okafor. Okafor has carried them all season.

I really really want to see okafor operate against towns and WCS that would be very sweet

Watching Okafor and Towns the past few days has me very confident that we will be drafting third because of course that's what will happen.

Jax has been lucky his whole life so I don't think this time will be any different.

The only concern is whether he does something stupid with the pick.

And, I'll be totally fine with Russel at 3. 

Jax has been lucky his whole life so I don't think this time will be any different.

The only concern is whether he does something stupid with the pick.

And, I'll be totally fine with Russel at 3.

I would blow a load in my pants if we got Russell at 3. I would not be surprised if 10 years from now he was the best player from this draft and one of the best players in the league.

And we still have cap room this summer to get a big man like Gasol.

Okafor has been a monster these first 2 NCAA games. It's refreshing when a top prospect plays big in big games.

Knicks get top pick they're taking Okafor.

BTW, Marbury won his 3rd CBA title. China may make him a citizen

That's a thing? Has anyone gone the other way? I can't imagine how baffled their immigration workers would be.

That's a thing? Has anyone gone the other way? I can't imagine how baffled their immigration workers would be.

China has some ****ed up immigration laws. That said, Marbury is a national hero at this point. If the dude wanted to be naturalized the government would make that happen faster than you could say bourbon chicken.

China has some ****ed up immigration laws. That said, Marbury is a national hero at this point. If the dude wanted to be naturalized the government would make that happen faster than you could say bourbon chicken.

Who would've thought that Marbury's pro career would have turned into a Disney movie?

Who would've thought that Marbury's pro career would have turned into a Disney movie?

Marbury was such a head case but I think there was always a good guy in there at the heart of it all. Between trying to make it so poor kids could afford some decent kicks and giving like $3-4 million to the NYPD and FDNY that one year, you knew someone was inside of that ****ed up head of his trying to get out to be sane. Good to see he's off the Vaseline and found some peace.

Marbury was such a head case but I think there was always a good guy in there at the heart of it all. Between trying to make it so poor kids could afford some decent kicks and giving like $3-4 million to the NYPD and FDNY that one year, you knew someone was inside of that ****ed up head of his trying to get out to be sane. Good to see he's off the Vaseline and found some peace.

Or maybe he's never been off and that's where his rebirth started. I prefer my version.  

Definitely on the shoes, such a cool gesture, especially in the era of $100+ Jordans.  Reminds me of what Kid Rock is doing the last couple of years; never really a fan of the guy, but I really dig his $20 concerts that he's been putting on.He was discussing how if you handle the venues properly you can make a show affordable to everyone and still make money etc. etc. Seemed like a pretty down to earth statement. Hell, he's bringing Foreigner with him this time, I might grab a sixer and go just to hear Feels Like the First and leave. 

I still don't know what to make of him. Calipari had to bench him because Auguste was giving him fits until he got into foul trouble. I think last night is one of those things where the stat line doesn't tell the whole story. Towns outmatched them by such a large margin it's actually bizarre that he didn't put up at least 40. There were several moments throughout last night's game where he legit lost his sh*t.

okafor has serious conditioning issues, lol  He was walking a the end of the half

towns looks better than I originally thought but he has limited low post moves.  you can't just lower a shoulder and move a man in the NBA

why can't the best player in the country be a PG anyway ?

okafor has serious conditioning issues, lol  He was walking a the end of the half

towns looks better than I originally thought but he has limited low post moves.  you can't just lower a shoulder and move a man in the NBA

why can't the best player in the country be a PG anyway ?

Okafor is 270, but will likely slim down into the 260s under an NBA workout regiment.  He has a big, strong base so he'll likely turn alot of his weight to muscle.

Towns needs to gain more bulk.  My concern is that that fool Charley Rosen, who called Towns too thin to play in the triangle in yesterday's Post article, has Jax as his muse.

of note...Karl Kardashian lol

"He carried us," said Tyler Ulis. "He was getting fouled. All those were and-ones to me, and they didn't call the calls. It tells you how much he's grown as a player. He's fighting through the fouls — not crying like a little baby anymore. He's just getting through it and playing."

Hold on a second.

Did Ulis really say that Towns — a 7-footer and possible No. 1 pick in this year's NBA Draft — was acting like a "little baby" earlier this season?

"We used to call him Karl Kardashian," said Andrew Harrison. "He was a little prima donna."

Towns was sitting in his locker, surrounded by reporters and clutching the Midwest Regional trophy when confronted with the nickname.

"Really?!" he said, incredulously. "That's the first time I'm hearing that."

What did Towns make of it?

"I must be famous?" he said.

That's not what they meant, Karl.

Ulis said Coach John Calipari has been on Towns all season about playing tougher, listening more and moving on when things don't go his way.

There was no hint of Karl Kardashian on Saturday night.

Okafor is 270, but will likely slim down into the 260s under an NBA workout regiment.  He has a big, strong base so he'll likely turn alot of his weight to muscle.

Towns needs to gain more bulk.  My concern is that that fool Charley Rosen, who called Towns too thin to play in the triangle in yesterday's Post article, has Jax as his muse.

I heard that on the radio.  starting to get worried that finding players for the triangle isn't as wise as finding good players that complement each other and putting in a system that suits them

imagine the warriors with phil, the triangle and fisher instead of kerr (with the same roster.)   Is that a 60 win team ?

He may definitely be.

The Knicks desperately need a top 2 pick. If they have the worse record they'll have about a 45% change of that happening.

I'd be happy with top 3. D'angelo Russell is a bigger version of Steph Curry and he will be there at 3 since Towns and Okafor are going 1 and 2.

Okafor is 270, but will likely slim down into the 260s under an NBA workout regiment. He has a big, strong base so he'll likely turn alot of his weight to muscle.

Towns needs to gain more bulk. My concern is that that fool Charley Rosen, who called Towns too thin to play in the triangle in yesterday's Post article, has Jax as his muse.

No way Melo and Okafor will co exist. Both guys are primarily post players. Anthony shoots alot but he loves to post up and use spots near the paint to do that turn around jumper. That's why Melo and Amare never got the spacing right.

Towns has a much more multi-faceted offensive game. He can shoot, pass, in addition to post. He's the guy either him or Russell who is the next great nba pg.

No way Melo and Okafor will co exist. Both guys are primarily post players. Anthony shoots alot but he loves to post up and use spots near the paint to do that turn around jumper. That's why Melo and Amare never got the spacing right.

Towns has a much more multi-faceted offensive game. He can shoot, pass, in addition to post. He's the guy either him or Russell who is the next great nba pg.

If Knicks take Okafor it will be for Melo to fit in with him, not the other way around.

Regardless, like I said, Towns or Okafor will make me ecstatic and Russell is a great consolation prize.

If Knicks take Okafor it will be for Melo to fit in with him, not the other way around.

Regardless, like I said, Towns or Okafor will make me ecstatic and Russell is a great consolation prize.

Melo is still an ego guy and no way will he be the one trying to fit in. It's his team always in his mind.

Melo is still an ego guy and no way will he be the one trying to fit in. It's his team always in his mind.

That's true but one of the ancillary benefits of the new cable deal is that it will allow teams to take on bad contracts. So Melo's status is more tenuous

Archived