Could Sanchez's Success be the Final Nail in Idzik's Coffin?

Jettington

sanchez had a huge salary and was coming off a shoulder tear and had 5 years of game tape showing the suck under rex. nailing idzik to the cross for making that move is ridiculous. and again this is coming from a guy who thinks idzik sucks.

Sanchez wasn't injured when Idzik drafted Geno that happened MONTHS later. Sanchez was DONE as a Jet when the Jets used a 2nd round pick on Geno. Injury or not, Sanchez's days were numbered the day Geno became a Jet. I'm arguing Idzik decided to part ways with Sanchez before the injury, and his drafting of Geno is proof of this.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe Rex was responsible for Sanchez incompetence here let alone cutting him.

ok so what about geno then

i'd rather watch Sanchez and the Shegals win that division than the Broke back QB Cowgirls.

no doubt

Sanchez wasn't injured when Idzik drafted Geno that happened MONTHS later. Sanchez was DONE as a Jet when the Jets used a 2nd round pick on Geno. Injury or not, Sanchez's days were numbered the day Geno became a Jet.

5 years of suck under rex. idzik was stuck with rex. he knew that duo sucked together. besides sanchez was on the verge of starting before your boy threw him out in the stupid snoopy bowl. i guess that wasn't rex's fault either.

5 years of suck under rex. idzik was stuck with rex. he knew that duo sucked together. besides sanchez was on the verge of starting before your boy threw him out in the stupid snoopy bowl. i guess that wasn't rex's fault either.

#1 He had played 4 years not 5

#2 I just said this team needs a new GM and HC to succeed, so why are you calling Rex my boy? You can't even answer my points.

#1 He had played 4 years not 5

#2 I just said this team needs a new GM and HC to succeed, so why are you calling Rex my boy? You can't even answer my points.

your points being what? that idzik cutting sanchez should get idzik fired? i answered that. you're wrong. what else you got?

your points being what? that idzik cutting sanchez should get idzik fired? i answered that. you're wrong. what else you got?

You keep insisting that Idizik's decision to cut Sanchez was a result of his shoulder injury, I think this is ridiculous. 

You don't draft a QB in the 2nd round while still planning to keep your 2009 1st round pick on the roster as your franchise qb. Idzik made the decision to part ways with Sanchez when Geno was drafted, not when he got injured. This is a significant difference because I think this is further evidence that he is a bad talent evaluator, choosing Geno over Sanchez.

You keep insisting that Idizik's decision to cut Sanchez was a result of his shoulder injury, I think this is ridiculous. 

You don't draft a QB in the 2nd round while still planning to keep your 2009 1st round pick on the roster as your franchise qb. Idzik made the decision to part ways with Sanchez when Geno was drafted, not when he got injured. This is a significant difference because I think this is further evidence that he is a bad talent evaluator, choosing Geno over Sanchez.

no, i said it was a factor. here is what idzik had to decide with:

1) regressing sanchez under rex, so he drafted geno to compete

2) sanchez, who was winning competition hands down, injured by Bozo in snoopy bowl

3) player coming off major shoulder injury with huge contract

if idzik can be blamed for anything it's falling for the fool's gold of geno's last 4 games in 2013--but i have been told over and over that we just had to further evaluate geno this year and it was the smart thing to do.

you can't carry a backup at that salary. just can't. the music sanchez and rex made together was the equivalent of arm pit farts. idzik made the only decision that made sense with the available information at the time. the fact that rex couldn't succeed with sanchez, or at a minimum get him to grow even a little under 2 OCs, one of which was hand-picked by.... REX... is totally on Rex.

Izdick why u traided sanchez 4 geno that was stupid he was grate

You could have replaced Sanchez with JaMarcus Russell and it still would have been a more careful contingency plan for our quarterback situation than what Idzik currently has in place. Vicks gone next year and all that money that Idzik has stashed away in the cap is going straight to a free agent veteran qb.

You could have replaced Sanchez with JaMarcus Russell and it still would have been a more careful contingency plan for our quarterback situation than what Idzik currently has in place. Vicks gone next year and all that money that Idzik has stashed away in the cap is going straight to a free agent veteran qb.

He'll give $4 mil to Jason Campbell or Matt Moore, then let Bevell pick between Mariota, Winston and Cook.

Before the snoopy bowl Sanchez was out-performing Geno who looked like a lost rookie.  Despite that, Rex still wouldn't name him the starter.  After being injured in the snoopy bowl, Sanchez blew up at Idzik in what I believe was described as a "profanity laced tirade".

Sounds like Rex wanted to start Mark and Idzik was giving him some resistance.  Rex gave Sanchez a shot to make a couple more plays in the snoopy bowl to cement his spot as the starter.  It backfires and Sanchez gets hurt.  I only say this because we know Sanchez blew up at Idzik in the locker room after that game which makes no sense as he didn't put him in the game.  It only makes sense if Sanchez realized he was going to have to do more to win the spot from Geno that he should have already been awarded.

Either way...being a fan of this team isn't fun.

By the way, considering Geno looks exactly like the guy that Sanchez was by the time Sanchez left here, we might not want to kick dirt on him yet.

Before the snoopy bowl Sanchez was out-performing Geno who looked like a lost rookie. Despite that, Rex still wouldn't name him the starter. After being injured in the snoopy bowl, Sanchez blew up at Idzik in what I believe was described as a "profanity laced tirade".

Sounds like Rex wanted to start Mark and Idzik was giving him some resistance. Rex gave Sanchez a shot to make a couple more plays in the snoopy bowl to cement his spot as the starter. It backfires and Sanchez gets hurt. I only say this because we know Sanchez blew up at Idzik in the locker room after that game which makes no sense as he didn't put him in the game. It only makes sense if Sanchez realized he was going to have to do more to win the spot from Geno that he should have already been awarded.

Either way...being a fan of this team isn't fun.

You're not in the locker room.

You're not in the locker room.

i never said I was, but other people were, and those people leaked the story about Sanchez lashing out at Idzik.  Any interest in talking Jets football by chance?

About 5 of us screamed for the Jets to surround Sanchez with weapons and an O-line for 2 years and we were mocked and told "Sanchez sucks"..  There was even 200 page thread about it and everything.

The only ones that are surprised by tonights game are those who developed an irrational hatred of Mark and screamed from the mountain tops to get him off the team.  Well you got what you wanted.  How did that taste?

Bwahahahahahahaha you are such a ******* nerd.

Archived