Shanahan, Holmgren

BlakeSpenceBlockedPunt

Gruden - great QB coach. Can take Mariota under his wing and develop him.  No nonsense. Has a win at all cost mentality.  SB winner, experienced

and can go out ins style by winning a championship with Jets that would make him damn near immortal. 

Shanahan.  He would be a very interesting hire.

He can handle NYC.  He has a resume (2 rings, another AFC Champ game loss).  He is an offensive minded HC.

Always has a strong run game.  Adapts to his personnel (see RGIII and read option).  Not a re-tread.

Plus he's a mean SOB who would shake up our sacred cows who think winning a meaningless, out of the playoff hunt game is the freakin' Super Bowl.

Thoughts...

I would be thrilled with either one. Shanny makes more sense since the Jets have no QB to develop and he likes the run game more than Holmgren, who is another pass happy coach. I think Shanny got a bad shake in DC over RGIII, who I doubt will ever develop into a pocket passer of any note and I think he realized that, but knew the owner is totally committed (at least he should be) to RGIII. Not real thrilled with any college QB's and would rather see a FA (Matt Moore) or a trade for Manziel/Hoyer, since the Browns will probably have to let one of them go. With Shanny Kirk Cousins might be an option, he doesn't fit Gruden's scheme, but is a good play action passer. 

Mike Shanahan has had success with just about every qb he's worked with.  Ignorant fans will just point at RG3 but that guy would have sucked with anyone as his coach at least Shanny got 1 good year out of him.  I don't want some bs assistant from seattle like dan quinn.

That would happen ONLY if Idzik returns which is far from assured.

The answer, my friends, is Kubiak.

Kubiak + Gurley + Ivory =

...a HC w NFL HC experience and a ground and pound Rex could only dream about, yet never attain.

If I hear another Jet coach even say the words ground and pound again I think I'll be sick.

NO GROUND AND POUND !!!!!

Mike Shanahan has had success with just about every qb he's worked with.  Ignorant fans will just point at RG3 but that guy would have sucked with anyone as his coach at least Shanny got 1 good year out of him.  I don't want some bs assistant from seattle like dan quinn.

I agree. 

Archived