Jets to have $46.29 mil in cap space available in 2015

T0mShane

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mo's probably not cut out for broadcasting just yet. Doesn't have that big, fake James Brown laugh down.

Mo's probably not cut out for broadcasting just yet. Doesn't have that big, fake James Brown laugh down.

I hope you are right. I think Rex gets a HC job relativity fast. I just hope it's not Miami, because you know Mo will follow and Rex will sign Revis.

I hope you are right. I think Rex gets a HC job relativity fast. I just hope it's not Miami, because you know Mo will follow and Rex will sign Revis.

First off, Wrecks will not get a HC position in Miami.

Second, why would players sign there for less money than they could get elsewhere?

Hometown discount to play for the great Rex Ryan?

Too funny.

Second, why would players sign there for less money than they could get elsewhere?

Too funny.

havent you been paying attention? There's tons of guys who are lining up to take less to play for rex..........I just can't think of any right this second .....wait I'll get back to you.

Should be interesting to see what Idzik does.  He's already on record as saying that this is a great football team full of great players so really no need to add anyone through FA.  Maybe pay whatever it takes to bring back Harris, Vick, Colon, Landry to keep his collection of great players together.  It's hard to keep loaded rosters together, but I think Idizik might find a way.

Too funny.

Who said anything about a discount signing with Rex. Let's see how it plays out then we can revisit this topic. We better sign MO fast before he hits the open market.

So, we agree that this draft so far has not panned out. It's been one year. What if next year, we get an actual free safety, Pyror moves into his position and does well? Evans comes back and turns out to be a pretty good #2? and McDougle holds his own at CB? I'm sure one of these instances will not happen, but let's say Idzik gets fired this offseason. Hindsight, do you think he deserves that fate?

Yeah, because Evans was burning it up in camp before he unfortunately was injured.

Wrecks is probably the most overrated commodity in the entire NFL.

I don't know where you are getting anything about players playing for less. I never said that. I want Rex gone don't get me wrong, but I do think he will get a HC job, and there is no doubt his players love playing for him.

So you speculate that Evans is going to be a solid number two based on no evidence whatsoever and I'm wrong?

No I didn't speculate he was going to be a solid #2 , I just won't give up on a young player who didn't get a chance yet and for all intents and purposes is on the on the island of misfit toys for offensive development.

So, we agree that this draft so far has not panned out. It's been one year. What if next year, we get an actual free safety, Pyror moves into his position and does well? Evans comes back and turns out to be a pretty good #2? and McDougle holds his own at CB? I'm sure one of these instances will not happen, but let's say Idzik gets fired this offseason. Hindsight, do you think he deserves that fate?

well pyror we wont know much till next year amaro is not bad hope he gets better mc D well we don't know anything on and Doozer well I think he will be good with some time I do like ourn 7th and I cant think of his name but #51 shows a little flash we had 12 picks but we should have taken better players,i think the scout team needs to go hell bring me in I can scout better then this bums.

No I didn't speculate he was going to be a solid #2 , I just won't give up on a young player who didn't get a chance yet and for all intents and purposes is on the on the island of misfit toys for offensive development.

Come on admit, it, if your families lives were on the line there is no way you would bet on Idzik being a successful GM.

well pyror we wont know much till next year amaro is not bad hope he gets better mc D well we don't know anything on and Doozer well I think he will be good with some time I do like ourn 7th and I cant think of his name but #51 shows a little flash we had 12 picks but we should have taken better players,i think the scout team needs to go hell bring me in I can scout better then this bums.

Same question to you

Because no young player ever gets better after a struggling first year - oh yeah that's right we're Jet fans with Rex as HC development is taboo.

So you speculate that Evans is going to be a solid number two based on no evidence whatsoever and I'm wrong?

For the record, I meant solid #2 for us

I am in no way a Rex apologist but I do think he gets a HC job. So you don't think any of his FA players will follow him? You know he will want to sign Revis so why do you think none of this will actually happen.

I think the fantasy that Rex draws free agents is high comedy at this point, and I don't believe that the Dolphins will hire him anyway. Sure, Stephen Ross seems to be that stupid, but if they dump Philbin, it'll be to go all in on Harbaugh again.

As far as paying the $20-$25+ mil per it'd take to sign both Revis and Mo, the Dolphins defense is doing just fine without those two.

Come on admit, it, if your families lives were on the line there is no way you would bet on Idzik being a successful GM.

What does Idzik's competence have to do with a rookie player potentially developing into a solid NFL player ?? Once a player is drafted its up to the coaches and the player himself to improve his game. 

In addition I've seen tons of supposed good GM's whiff on drafts over the years , doesn't prove anything in a small sample size. 

My wish-list consists of Suh, Iupati, and one of Dez/Demariyus.

Had we not pissed away however many million on that pointless Harvin trade that we could've rolled over, theoretically we could've signed all 3 and still have $ left over to pay draft picks, etc.

This isn't Madden...

Archived