Yellow Towels

Smashmouth

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much did the 15k towels cost you? Were u able to recover the cost thru contributions?

Please! You think they would have printed those without having the up-front capital? 

I would LOVE to have the mailing list of folks that they duped to contribute for this cause. I would direct market those people all day and probably hit 7% on reply.

Plenty of people financed their PSLs and have that to pay off for another 9-10 years so you can't say it was already spent in 2008. 

Opposing team fan issues are becoming a bigger problem these days.  Even in Dallas they have many opposing fans attending games.  The home teams need to make the experience miserable for these fans so they don't come back.  Instead at the Monday night game I saw a Dolphins fan accusing a Jets fan of cursing and saying they won't come back to see the Jets Dolphins next year.  Without any proof security speaks to the Jets fan accused of cursing and upgrades the Dolphins fans seats.  The Jets need to cater to their fans and not opposing team fans.  However they are more concerned with filling up the stadium rather than the experience.  Instead we now have music so loud you can't even speak to the people next to you at times.

This is just a stupid position to take. What right do you or anyone else have to make someone else's day "miserable?" I go out of my way to support my team by traveling to 1-5 away games a year in addition to every home game. I don't feel that my presence in another team's stadium diminishes the home team fan's game day experience, so why would I want to be a piece of sh$t human being and ruin someone else's day?  I don't see the Jets catering to anyone, if you are abusive you should get tossed, regardless of the color of the jersey you are wearing.

Please! You think they would have printed those without having the up-front capital? 

I would LOVE to have the mailing list of folks that they duped to contribute for this cause. I would direct market those people all day and probably hit 7% on reply.

I should probably reword my question depending on the total "fire Idzik" project cost.

This is just a stupid position to take. What right do you or anyone else have to make someone else's day "miserable?" I go out of my way to support my team by traveling to 1-5 away games a year in addition to every home game. I don't feel that my presence in another team's stadium diminishes the home team fan's game day experience, so why would I want to be a piece of sh$t human being and ruin someone else's day?  I don't see the Jets catering to anyone, if you are abusive you should get tossed, regardless of the color of the jersey you are wearing.

Kudos...I have no problem with fans coming out to support their team.  The only people who should be concerned with making their visit miserable is the home team.  Win the game and send the opposing fans out the door wishing they'd stayed home.

I promise you, they did not take a "bath" on the project.

Notice that these guys were not posting here as fans before this little "project".

I am wondering how it feels to be a troll. To go through life doing absolutely nothing but talking a big game on message boards. At least we had the guts to do something about our gripes and put action to our words. You are nothing but a clown

I should probably reword my question depending on the total "fire Idzik" project cost.

Every cent that was sent to us was spent on billboards planes towels banners and all related expenses. There was not one penny of profit. Quite the contrary. We put in our own money and hundreds of hours of our time collectively. Not one person who sent us any money is complaining. It's the people who are against what we are doing that are complaining

I am wondering how it feels to be a troll. To go through life doing absolutely nothing but talking a big game on message boards. At least we had the guts to do something about our gripes and put action to our words. You are nothing but a clown

Question-Were you a member of this site, BEFORE your little scheme hatched and you were promoting it?

Now, who is the troll?

Please stop attacking a respected long time poster here with 13000 posts.

Nobody heard of you until you invented your billboard/towels publicity stunt and I'm betting that every one of your massive 97 posts are nothing more than infomercials and marketing ploys for it.

As I said, I've decided to call for John Idzik to be released just to get rid of you here so that Jet fans who really give a damn about the Jets can talk football instead

Please stop attacking a respected long time poster here with 13000 posts.

Nobody heard of you until you invented your billboard/towels publicity stunt and I'm betting that every one of your massive 97 posts are nothing more than infomercials and marketing ploys for it.

As I said, I've decided to call for John Idzik to be released just to get rid of you here so that Jet fans who really give a damn about the Jets can talk football instead

Truth be known, I am really not respected here, and rightly so. 

BUT this guys little charade with a message, and claiming to be Mother Theresa all in the same method are a bit annoying. Particularly when anyone should happen to disagree with his message or motive.

Question-Were you a member of this site, BEFORE your little scheme hatched and you were promoting it?

Now, who is the troll?

I'm not in a position to judge the costs, but billboards can be very expensive depending on the traffic it targets. Airplane banners as well. 15k towels wouldn't cost a few hundred bucks either. Again, I haven't seen these towels or the location of the billboard(s?) so I can't judge the project cost. It wasn't 2-3 grands, I can assure u that. And these guys obviously spent a lot of time on it, uncompensated.

I don't necessarily agree with the project. I think it brought a lot of negative attention towards the team. Decision to keep Idzik or not woutfit change much though. Fan frustration can be seen thru home game invasions by opposing crowd. Plus, contrary to the public opinion, all reports suggest Woody actually cares about the organization n wants the team to succeed as opposed to just making profits (they go hand in hand anyways).

Kudos...I have no problem with fans coming out to support their team.  The only people who should be concerned with making their visit miserable is the home team.  Win the game and send the opposing fans out the door wishing they'd stayed home.

although I will say that there was a Pats fan by me who cheered Mangold getting hurt.  He was tossed in the 3rd quarter after someone dumped nachos on him.

although I will say that there was a Pats fan by me who cheered Mangold getting hurt.  He was tossed in the 3rd quarter after someone dumped nachos on him.

Every fan base is going to have their share of lowlives....Jets included.

This is just a stupid position to take. What right do you or anyone else have to make someone else's day "miserable?" I go out of my way to support my team by traveling to 1-5 away games a year in addition to every home game. I don't feel that my presence in another team's stadium diminishes the home team fan's game day experience, so why would I want to be a piece of sh$t human being and ruin someone else's day? I don't see the Jets catering to anyone, if you are abusive you should get tossed, regardless of the color of the jersey you are wearing.

This year, in KC, I actually began to feel guilty/embarrassed. The local fans we sat near were so nice and welcoming to my father and I that I thought, 'I hope they never come to MetLife, because they won't get treated nearly as well... Not even close'. Hell, I'm a Jet fan and the other Jet fans are usually the worst part of the gameday experience.

You're the hero JetNation deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll troll you. Because you can take it. Because your not our hero. You're a billboard riser, a towel-waving protector. A green knight.

Everyone wants to bitch moan and complain about everything to do with the Jets these guys actually went out and did something to publicly humiliate the organization and now they are the bad guys give it a rest if you dont agree thats fine but personally attacking them is ridiculous. 

Even after the Jets win a Super Bowl I'm quite positive there would be guys here bitching about something. 

Everyone wants to bitch moan and complain about everything to do with the Jets these guys actually went out and did something to publicly humiliate the organization and now they are the bad guys give it a rest if you dont agree thats fine but personally attacking them is ridiculous. 

Even after the Jets win a Super Bowl I'm quite positive there would be guys here bitching about something. 

Where are the "personal" attacks? 

Yes, the organization was publicly humiliated. I saw them pee in a corner like a scorned puppy.

Where are the "personal" attacks? 

Yes, the organization was publicly humiliated. I saw them pee in a corner like a scorned puppy.

Certain posters have been ragging on this guy since the beginning of the plan he did what alot of others would have liked to have done for that I commend the effort. 

As I told Max, no more time to waste on you and your "cause". Do me a favor and save your martyrdom responses for someone who cares Thanks and have a good life Merry Christmas, BTW

Certain posters have been ragging on this guy since the beginning of the plan he did what alot of others would have liked to have done for that I commend the effort. 

He set himself up as a business. Taking money to do the wishes of others is a "business". So, there should not be "personal" attacks associated with people who do not agree with his business practice.

I would be much more hospitable to the business, if it was here, first, acting as a Jet fan. Instead, it came here, asking for money, to support their motives.

Excuse me if I am skeptical to their real intent.

He set himself up as a business. Taking money to do the wishes of others is a "business". So, there should not be "personal" attacks associated with people who do not agree with his business practice.

I would be much more hospitable to the business, if it was here, first, acting as a Jet fan. Instead, it came here, asking for money, to support their motives.

Excuse me if I am skeptical to their real intent.

Yes I'm sure he will be spending Christmas in Europe or the Bahamas with all the profits. Are you for real? 

Yes I'm sure he will be spending Christmas in Europe or the Bahamas with all the profits. Are you for real? 

Where did I ever say that he made huge profits? BUT, when you accept monies in return for goods, you are a BUSINESS. I am fairly positive they did not create this venture to work hard without reward, or to lose money. If you believe they did that, well, I have a coach I can sell you.

Been saying this all along.  The country is full of people who just whine and complain about any given topic.  When they see somebody do something about it, they're either shamed for knowing they were too lazy to do it themselves, or jealous of the notoriety gained by those willing to do the work.  I've seen people attack them for  having club seats.  Why?  Because club seats cost a lot of money which often means getting off your ass and working  hard?  Just like I said in the interview, agree with them or not, how can  you not admire and respect the work that they've put in?

Been saying this all along.  The country is full of people who just whine and complain about any given topic.  When they see somebody do something about it, they're either shamed for knowing they were too lazy to do it themselves, or jealous of the notoriety gained by those willing to do the work.  I've seen people attack them for  having club seats.  Why?  Because club seats cost a lot of money which often means getting off your ass and working  hard?  Just like I said in the interview, agree with them or not, how can  you not admire and respect the work that they've put in?

So, we are not allowed to disagree with their premise? 

Agree and great post this guy gets it!

Lose 13 games as long as they get the free bobble head or Jets seat cushion the guys who complain are happy. 

So, we are not allowed to disagree with their premise? 

Is that what I said?  No, it's actually 100% completely opposite of what I said. My actual statement was "Agree with them or not, how can you not admire and respect the work they've put in"?  You are trolling me now to the point that you respond to my comments without reading them at this point. 

Is that what I said?  No, it's actually 100% completely opposite of what I said. My actual statement was "Agree with them or not, how can you not admire and respect the work they've put in"?  You are trolling me now to the point that you respond to my comments without reading them at this point. 

ok, I am trolling you……. Aren't you popular?

Hello-These people got MONEY for their work. I admire you more for writing without getting any plaudits or renumeration. On the contrary, these guys ASKED for MONEY in order to spread their message. THAT is admirable?

Hello-These people got MONEY for their work. I admire you more for writing without getting any plaudits or renumeration. On the contrary, these guys ASKED for MONEY in order to spread their message. THAT is admirable?

Did you expect them to pay for the crusade?  Those who wanted to participate did and donated why not just let it go you disagreed you chose not to instead you take your bitching and complaining to a message board thats your choice. 

This is AMERICA aren't you supposed to get money for WORK? I doubt they profited anything. 

As I said, you are being critical of me in your replies to my posts despite the fact that  you're not reading them.  That does not mean I am popular, it just means you should probably be on some meds.

I don't hold it against these guys for not spending over 10K on billboards after they'd already laid out enough money on PSL's and game tix.  They had an idea and they went with it.  It is abundantly clear based on the results that they were correct in thinking there were enough Jets fans who were as fed up as they were and who were willing to  help foot the bill.  If they were incorrect, they would not have raised the money.  However, they were so correct that they raised more than what they were asking for, and they did it in four days.  Could they have possibly been more right?

They re-invested all of the money and did MORE than what they promised to do which takes the theory that some have suggested of them "stealing money" and throws it right out the window.  They got hundreds of shirts sent off by taking their off time to meet their stated goals.  Then, to avoid going out of pocket for the tons of shirts people still wanted, they had the audacity to ask people to pay for the shipping of their product.

Some people feel shame when they watch others work hard to achieve a goal.  I don't, I applaud it regardless of my personal feelings on the subject. 

As I said, you are being critical of me in your replies to my posts despite the fact that  you're not reading them.  That does not mean I am popular, it just means you should probably be on some meds.

I don't hold it against these guys for not spending over 10K on billboards after they'd already laid out enough money on PSL's and game tix.  They had an idea and they went with it.  It is abundantly clear based on the results that they were correct in thinking there were enough Jets fans who were as fed up as they were and who were willing to  help foot the bill.  If they were incorrect, they would not have raised the money.  However, they were so correct that they raised more than what they were asking for, and they did it in four days.  Could they have possibly been more right?

They re-invested all of the money and did MORE than what they promised to do which takes the theory that some have suggested of them "stealing money" and throws it right out the window.  They got hundreds of shirts sent off by taking their off time to meet their stated goals.  Then, to avoid going out of pocket for the tons of shirts people still wanted, they had the audacity to ask people to pay for the shipping of their product.

Some people feel shame when they watch others work hard to achieve a goal.  I don't, I applaud it regardless of my personal feelings on the subject. 

I just disagree with their premise. Which you seem to take some umbrage to. That is fine. G

I just disagree with their premise. Which you seem to take some umbrage to. That is fine. G

Please show me where I said you were wrong for disagreeing with their premise?  You can't, because I didn't.

We got ZERO money. You just make things up bc u have no clue how the real world works. We set ourselves up as an LLC for liability issues in order to protect ourselves against billionaires. To not do that would have been foolish.

Our movement was funded by Jets fans. We profitted nothing. We spent day and night managing it. Time away from our families and our actual jobs that we make a living off of were disrupted at times. We handled ourselves like professionals the entire time and delivered on EVERY promise to our supporters. It was our responsibility since we were the ones who organized it.

I honestly don't care if you disagree with anything we did but why not pick things that are true to bitch about rather than making things up. You would get a lot more respect that way.

Archived