• Bruce Coslet
    • Pete Carrol
    • Rich Kotite
    • Bill Parcells
    • Al Groh
    • Herm Edwatds
    • Eric Mangini
    • Rex Ryan

Here's why you can never win a Rex argument even if you have a point.. Rex was a boisterous blow hard even though he did have some loveable qualities.. You can't get up at the podium and say your going to the bowl and not produce especially in NY..When fans get the taste of blood(Like the first 2 years) and you fail them they will hate you or at least most of them will.. To add to that instead of going from bad to better he went from better to bad.. Rex's biggest problem is Rex himself and unless he has a epiphany and changes his ways as a flawed HC he will fail.. In 2 years time TV may start to look awful good to Rex..

I see Rex's act wearing thin on tv too. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must kill you as bad as Rex is IYO that he's the only one with 4 playoff wins in a long list of bad HC's..

It doesn't kill me at all I gloried in all those wins as every Jets fan did. Just hate Rex is all. I blame him for Sanchez' downturn afterward. In 2011 Rex and Tanny decided to rid the team of Alan Fanaca, Thomas Jones, Jerricho Cotchery, Sean Ellis while keeping the likes of BARF Scott, Eric Smith, Kyle Wilson and drafting guys like Stephen Hill and Vlad Ducasse as replacements. They also added Plex Burress and Derrick Mason. Wondeful additions. Then came Tebow and Sparano which was great comedy.

Here's why you can never win a Rex argument even if you have a point.. Rex was a boisterous blow hard even though he did have some loveable qualities.. You can't get up at the podium and say your going to the bowl and not produce especially in NY..When fans get the taste of blood(Like the first 2 years) and you fail them they will hate you or at least most of them will.. To add to that instead of going from bad to better he went from better to bad.. Rex's biggest problem is Rex himself and unless he has a epiphany and changes his ways as a flawed HC he will fail.. In 2 years time TV may start to look awful good to Rex..

Best assessment of Rex yet. As I have said many times, he was all talk and no walk.

Rex drives the franchise into the ******* earth and people try to rank him with Parcells, then in the same breath disparage the equally inept Herm Edwards, whose legacy mirrors that of Rex.

i thought michaels under rated, but he was a lunatic I hear and paranoid 

Rex drives the franchise into the ******* earth and people try to rank him with Parcells, then in the same breath disparage the equally inept Herm Edwards, whose legacy mirrors that of Rex.

Four Jets' teams have won 11 games in a season, Rex has one of those.

Five Jets' teams have gotten as far as the championship game, Rex has two of those.

Knocking Rex by saying he won with Mangini's team, when Mangini went 5-16 with those players minus a healthy Brett Favre is nonsense. Mangini must the worst coach this team has ever had if a terrible coach like Rex could get those guys to the AFC Championship Game twice in a row with Mark Sanchez at QB.

Rex is easily one of the most successful coaches the team has ever had. That obviously speaks to the team's history, but that's who we're comparing him to here.

Five Jets' teams have gotten as far as the championship game, Rex has two of those.

Knocking Rex by saying he won with Mangini's team, when Mangini went 5-16 with those players minus a healthy Brett Favre is nonsense. Mangini must the worst coach this team has ever had if a terrible coach like Rex could get those guys to the AFC Championship Game twice in a row with Mark Sanchez at QB.

Rex is easily one of the most successful coaches the team has ever had. That obviously speaks to the team's history, but that's who we're comparing him to here.

Rex had 4 playoff wins, Hermie has 2 ,the Tuna 1 and Mangini 0. And if one was fair you could say he did it with the worst QB.. Unless some think Sanchez was better then Vinny,Chad and Farve..LOL Some facts just burn people up... :diablo:

Mangini went 10-6 with Chad Pennington. Why do you leave that out?

Mangini went 10-6 with Chad Pennington. Why do you leave that out?

Chad Pennington was 10x the QB Mark Sanchez is, and beat Mangini for the division championship when Mangini had Brett Favre.

So I guess I let it out out of generosity.

Rex had 4 playoff wins, Hermie has 2 ,the Tuna 1 and Mangini 0. And if one was fair you could say he did it with the worst QB.. Unless some think Sanchez was better then Vinny,Chad and Farve..LOL Some facts just burn people up... :diablo:

Four playoff wins??? Damn. I take it all back.

Chad Pennington was 10x the QB Mark Sanchez is, and beat Mangini for the division championship when Mangini had Brett Favre.

So I guess I let it out out of generosity.

Mangini lost with a healthy Favre at home to the Cassell led Pats and had to go to overtime to beat him at Foxboro later that year when Favre was still healthy..

Favre declined Rex's overtures to return to the Jets, so Rex hand-picked Sanchez.

So, here on the reality train, when we consider the legendary if/then career of Rex Ryan, we also consider the FACT that Sanchez was here by Rex's choice. 

Hypotheticals are a crutch for the delusional. Delusion is a symptom of psychosis.

You can't take me serious but here you are making your point with personal attacks because you can't counter my post.  

Favre declined because the reason he joined the Jets in the first place was to get rid of the Packers at any cost so he can join the Viking to stick it to his former team.  It was his biggest mistake of his career cause he could have won a SB.

You can't take me serious but here you are making your point with personal attacks because you can't counter my post.

Favre declined because the reason he joined the Jets in the first place was to get rid of the Packers at any cost so he can join the Viking to stick it to his former team. It was his biggest mistake of his career cause he could have won a SB.

So many QBs crying into their pillows at night thinking about all the rings they could have won playing for Rex. :(

Favre declined because the reason he joined the Jets in the first place was to get rid of the Packers at any cost so he can join the Viking to stick it to his former team. It was his biggest mistake of his career cause he could have won a SB.

That's a personal attack??? Better bump the personal attack thread and report that despicable post

:rl:

Archived