Bryce Petty

Squirt

I saw Petty play a few times this season he look like he could be a diamond in the ruff. I wish I knew more about him. He has good size and a strong arm. I think he would be a good second round pick if he is still on the board. Does anyone else know more about him? What do you think?

I paid a good bit of attention to Baylor this year.  I kind of adopted them since the Gators sucked again.  Was really hoping they'd make the playoff because I love that system.  Plus, I knew Muscramp was going to get fired and really wanted to convince Art Briles to come over.

There are somethings I like about Petty from what I watched.  He makes quick decisions, gets the ball out fast, nice zip on the ball or at least it seems to get to his target in a hurry, I think he's a better pure passer than Mariota...but they're both those system QB's who do everything from the snap and dont call plays in the huddle.  They just wait to see what their Head Coach sends in.  He's definitely not a day 1 starter but he could be a good project QB.  

Just not sure if I want another 2nd round project QB which is where I seeing him going. 

I paid a good bit of attention to Baylor this year.  I kind of adopted them since the Gators sucked again.  Was really hoping they'd make the playoff because I love that system.  Plus, I knew Muscramp was going to get fired and really wanted to convince Art Briles to come over.

There are somethings I like about Petty from what I watched.  He makes quick decisions, gets the ball out fast, nice zip on the ball or at least it seems to get to his target in a hurry, I think he's a better pure passer than Mariota...but they're both those system QB's who do everything from the snap and dont call plays in the huddle.  They just wait to see what their Head Coach sends in.  He's definitely not a day 1 starter but he could be a good project QB.  

Just not sure if I want another 2nd round project QB which is where I seeing him going. 

I'd much rather have a 2nd Round RB or WR that can play right away and have a meaningful impact on game day in 2015 rather than a project QB who would not see the field this year unless catastrophe struck. I like the crop of QBs in 2016 much better than 2015.

I saw Petty play a few times this season he look like he could be a diamond in the ruff. I wish I knew more about him. He has good size and a strong arm. I think he would be a good second round pick if he is still on the board. Does anyone else know more about him? What do you think?

Has a strong arm. Not always totally accurate, but who is? He completed better than 60 percent the last two seasons at Baylor. Comes from a kinda read option offense, though he did get under center some. I agree that the Jets should take him in the second round, I wouldn't wait until the third because Cleveland will jump in there late in round two. It may be a slight reach but this guy has size and smarts. Daniel Jeremiah - a former Ravens scout - compared him to Kerry Collins, who would up being a pretty good QB. 

Petty has a very good arm but has the same question mark as Mariotta.  The offensive systems they ran were beyond simplistic by NFL standards being mostly first read and cutting the field in half for the QB.  Both guys could adjust and be successful NFL QB's -- or not.  They are both projects. If we are talking 2nd round, I would much rather take a player with a better chance of being a productive, high caliber player early in his career, and lower bust potential.  Draft a less shiny QB as a project later.  All the QB prospects in this draft have warts, they are just different types of warts.

Petty has a very good arm but has the same question mark as Mariotta.  The offensive systems they ran were beyond simplistic by NFL standards being mostly first read and cutting the field in half for the QB.  Both guys could adjust and be successful NFL QB's -- or not.  They are both projects. If we are talking 2nd round, I would much rather take a player with a better chance of being a productive, high caliber player early in his career, and lower bust potential.  Draft a less shiny QB as a project later.  All the QB prospects in this draft have warts, they are just different types of warts.

Me too.  Round Two get a surefire potential starter.  Differenc eilwht Petty and MM is Petty was no runner.  e must have had to make some reads post snap.  A lot more than MM did.  And he does have a nice arm, if the combine is any measurement.

Archived