JN 2nd Mock draft sign up sheet

Dcat

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the team requests so far.  We need a few more people.  If there is/are no team(s) request next to your name, please PM me your preferences and how many teams you want.  Also, send me an alternate team in case a team you request goes to someone else.  

Please PM me with the number of teams you want and your preferences for which teams.  I will sort them out on Sunday night and assign everyone their teams, trying to be fair.  So please provide me with an alternate or two if you don't get your 1st choice. I will try to give everyone their 1st choice if possible. Giving Lith his teams of choice as a reward for the spreadsheet maintenance.  It would be wise to have a few people with a single team so they can step in and take over for any GM who can't or won't finish up.

GM                           # of teams    Teams requested (teams to be allocated Sunday night)

NYJetsVets91                  2            Jets, Texans, Saints, Seahawks

AVM                                   2            Redskins, Panthers      

Dcat                                   2            

#27Dominator                  2           Ravens

Prime21                                         Giants

Lith                                    2           Chiefs, Colts (teams awarded)

Senor Gato                           

JetsCanes331                     

Brick Tamland                              Saints                                                                      

Hess Station                    2          Patriots, Falcons                                                 

Ghost                                1          Browns

JayKwaz                           2                                                                                

32EBoozer                       2          Jets, Buccaneers

VillainTheFoe                   2          Titans, Jaguars

Patman                             2          Patriots

By the looks of it, NY Jets Vets91 can do the whole draft by himself! That boys ready to roll!

Hooah!, Oorah!

update

GM                           # of teams    Teams requested (teams to be allocated Sunday night)

NYJetsVets91                  2            Jets, Texans, Saints, Seahawks

AVM                                   2           Redskins, Panthers      

Dcat                                   2           Steelers, Broncos, Vikings

#27Dominator                  2           Ravens

Prime21                                         Giants

Lith                                    2           Chiefs, Colts (teams awarded)

Senor Gato                           

JetsCanes331                     

Brick Tamland                              Saints                                                                      

Hess Station                    2          Patriots, Falcons                                                 

Ghost                                1          Browns

JayKwaz                           2          Bears, Rams, Cardinals                                                                                

32EBoozer                       2          Jets, Buccaneers

VillainTheFoe                   2          Titans, Jaguars

Patman                             2          Patriots, 49ers, Rams, Cards, Seahawks

I wanted to separate this from the 1st mock discussion thread, because there may be some who don't know about doing another one.

In the second mock, we will permit trades and have all the comp picks available on google docs in a brilliant spreadsheet put together by a few people here but perfected by Lith.

The rules will be similar to the 1st mock with these changes (quoting Lith):

• 3 hour time slot for a pick -- if you can't make a pick in 3 hours, you are probably not going to make it in 4.  
  • You must PM whoever is on deck to let him/her know that their team is On The Clock.
  • Trades are permitted but must be verified by both parties before the time limit is up for that pick. You can use the trade value chart numbers that Lith has included in the spreadsheet to help you with trades.
  • The mock will run from 8 am to 11 pm EDT.  The earliest you can be required to pick with the 3 hour window is 11 am which is not too early.
  • When someone misses their pick, they need to PM the commish to confirm that they are still involved.  No PM received, Commish makes the pick next time around with little/no delay.
  • Tracking sheet will be created and managed mostly by Lith.  Makes it a lot easier to track picks, players, time on clock, etc. Check out the Hampur spreadsheet and don't forget to look at the tabs at the bottom.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NFAdj-F0AhZVebSNNPj68g2IoiU-Be3xbFyObCqIvyA/edit#gid=713868968 Awesome job there.  It has the draft value table to help us with trades. It has positional rankings. You can click the tab to sort by teams so you can assess each team's draft as it goes along and predict the needs of the teams going to pick before or after you.  
  • I will need a partner to moderate this.  Here's my problem... I teach at night many weeknights from 6 - 10pm and I cannot take a break to tend to our draft.  I also have a very sick inlaw and we travel to the hospital from NJ to LI and out of respect for my wife and family, I will not fiddle around on my phone during these visits.  This will go easier with a tag team approach.  Lith already volunteered to maintain the spreadsheet, which is a huge help.  Can anyone else step in for the blocks of time I am unavailable?    I can be the daytime/weekend/and late night moderator as well as some Mon-Thu weeknights when I am not teaching.  I will let you know the evenings when I need you to step in.
  • Draft will officially begin on Friday, April 10th if that's ok with everyone.

You should add that any trade initiated should be stated in RED highlight, bolded in order for it to be easily scene in order to limit any confusion. Some people may simply scroll past certain quotes and not realize it. The red will attract the eye. 

I have assigned 21 teams.  We have 11 teams remaining for additional participants, but some of them should go to those of you with a single team.  Patriots, Jets and Saints each had more than one request, so you may only have one team instead of two.  Those of you with one team  (or none), please feel free to select an additional team. (SenorGato and Canes331 have not yet selected any teams.)

Teams still available:

Miami, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Oakland, San Diego

Philadelphia, Dallas, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Arizona

Assigned teams:

Lith:    Kansas City, Indianapolis

AVM:    Washington, Carolina

32EBoozer:    NY Jets, Tampa Bay

JayKwaz:    Chicago, St. Louis

Villain The Foe:    Tennessee, Jacksonville

Patman:    New England, San Francisco

NYJetsVets91:    Houston, Seattle

Dcat:    Pittsburgh, Denver

Prime21:     NY Giants

#27Dominator:    Baltimore

Ghost:    Cleveland

Hess Station:    Atlanta

Brick Tamland:    New Orleans

Senor Gato:

JetsCanes331:

Link to JN April 2015 Mock Draft spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1noxFAav64fJ9QOM65DcBFI0AbPMr-xaJou8m5m_pqds/edit#gid=2107347926

I have assigned 21 teams.  We have 11 teams remaining for additional participants, but some of them should go to those of you with a single team.  Patriots, Jets and Saints each had more than one request, so you may only have one team instead of two.  Those of you with one team  (or none), please feel free to select an additional team. (SenorGato and Canes331 have not yet selected any teams.)

Teams still available:

Miami, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Oakland, San Diego

Philadelphia, Dallas, Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, Arizona

Assigned teams:

AVM:    Washington, Carolina

32EBoozer:    NY Jets, Tampa Bay

JayKwaz:    Chicago, St. Louis

Patman:    New England, San Francisco

NYJetsVets91:    Houston, Seattle

Dcat:    Pittsburgh, Denver

Prime21:     NY Giants

#27Dominator:    Baltimore

Ghost:    Cleveland

Hess Station:    Atlanta

Brick Tamland:    New Orleans

Senor Gato:

JetsCanes331:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1noxFAav64fJ9QOM65DcBFI0AbPMr-xaJou8m5m_pqds/edit#gid=2107347926

32EBoozer is now accepting offers for the #1 pick in the 2015 NFL Draft! And for Villain, that includes Mike Glennon.

:wild:  :happy0071: 

I did Tennessee and Jax in the last JN draft.  Tennessee's roster is awful.  They have needs wherever you look.  

yeah, exactly why I picked those 2 teams. Pretty challenging. You would have to hit on pretty much every pick. The Jags offense, outside of some holes on the oline is pretty good. They do need help on the defense though. 

The value chart is added in to the spreadsheet to help people with trades.  

No trades of future year picks or current active players.

If you are GM'ing multiple teams, you cannot make trades between them.

Strict addherence to the value chart is not necessary.

None of the trades on the Hampur were unreasonable.  I can't imagine why there would be any outrageously one-sided trades, but if there are, I'll question the reasoning.  I don't expect to ever meddle in anyone's trades, nor do I want to, so lets keep them reasonable people..

yeah, exactly why I picked those 2 teams. Pretty challenging. You would have to hit on pretty much every pick. The Jags offense, outside of some holes on the oline is pretty good. They do need help on the defense though. 

these were my picks.  

1 3 Dcat Jacksonville Leonard Williams USC DT
2 36 Dcat Jacksonville Shaq Thompson Washington OLB
3 67 Dcat Jacksonville Donovan Smith Penn State T
4 100 Dcat Jacksonville Jeremy Langford Michigan State RB

5 131 Dcat Jacksonville Shaquille Mason Georgia Tech G

Defense was the main need, IMO.  They drafted both Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee in round 2 last year and also have Allen Hurns, another promising 2d year WR, so I don't agree with the poster in a different thread who thinks they should go WR early.  Their DL and LBs need some help fast as does their OL.

None of the trades on the Hampur were unreasonable.  I can't imagine why there would be any outrageously one-sided trades, but if there are, I'll question the reasoning.  I don't expect to ever meddle in anyone's trades, nor do I want to, so lets keep them reasonable people..

Only thing I would add is -- when submitting trades, to submit the actual pick #s being traded.  On the other site, I would constantly get trades submitted saying things like -- we are flipping 2nd round picks and I am giving them my 4th.  I would look up the draft order and find that the team had 2 4ths (and they did not specify which one was in the trade) or maybe did not have any 4th round pick.  You can't trade picks you don't have - sounds simple, but it happened a couple of times.  Drove me absolutely crazy.

Lets be kind to our commish -- he will be spending a lot of time running this thing, so lets try to make it easy on him.

these were my picks.  

1 3 Dcat Jacksonville Leonard Williams USC DT
2 36 Dcat Jacksonville Shaq Thompson Washington OLB
3 67 Dcat Jacksonville Donovan Smith Penn State T
4 100 Dcat Jacksonville Jeremy Langford Michigan State RB

5 131 Dcat Jacksonville Shaquille Mason Georgia Tech G

Defense was the main need, IMO.  They drafted both Allen Robinson and Marqise Lee in round 2 last year and also have Allen Hurns, another promising 2d year WR, so I don't agree with the poster in a different thread who thinks they should go WR early.  Their DL and LBs need some help fast as does their OL.

You're right. The Jags have one of the better young WR units in the league. 

UPDATE:  Green Bay taken

I have assigned 24 teams.  We have 8 teams remaining for additional participants, but some of them should go to those of you with a single team.  Patriots, Jets and Saints each had more than one request, so you may only have one team instead of two.  Those of you with one team  (or none), please feel free to select an additional team. (Canes331 has not yet selected any teams.)

Teams still available:

Miami, Buffalo, Oakland

Philadelphia, Dallas, Minnesota, Detroit, Arizona

Assigned teams:

AVM:    Washington, Carolina

32EBoozer:    NY Jets, Tampa Bay

JayKwaz:    Chicago, St. Louis

Patman:    New England, San Francisco

NYJetsVets91:    Houston, Seattle

Dcat:    Pittsburgh, Denver

Prime21:     NY Giants

#27Dominator:    Baltimore

Ghost:    Cleveland

Hess Station:    Atlanta, Cincinnati

Brick Tamland:    New Orleans, Green Bay

Senor Gato: San Diego

JetsCanes331:

I will gladly take SD. You know what might make pretend drafting so much easier? Already having a QB.

May I offer the Jets' GM Phil Rivers for the 6 pick, Wilkerson, and next year's first and third

Are those 2016 1st and 3rd picks going to SD or coming back to the Jets? I think you need to clarify that trade offer.

Are those 2016 1st and 3rd picks going to SD or coming back to the Jets? I think you need to clarify that trade offer.

I know you're both joking, but just a reminder.  No trading future year picks or active players in the mock draft.

Good stuff but I would think almost any trade in the top 5 would include a pick in the following years draft.  I just think it seems more realistic because if someone jumps from lets say 15-20 into the top 5 they are going to pay handsomely and it would include a pick(s) in 2016.   

Good stuff but I would think almost any trade in the top 5 would include a pick in the following years draft.  I just think it seems more realistic because if someone jumps from lets say 15-20 into the top 5 they are going to pay handsomely and it would include a pick(s) in 2016.   

I don't disagree, but it's just not viable for these mocks.  It worked out find in the Hampur draft without trading future picks.  So that's the way we're doing it here.

Archived