I'm starting to think the 6th pick may be unorthodox

Persiussa

in all honesty i think we should go offense in the 1st and 2nd round.  WR in the first (Cooper or white ) and OL or QB in the second (BAP in that position)

I wouldn't even waste my time at QB after Winston and Mariota are gone . Like most the scouts are saying it's just a really bad group after.

Kind of back to the 'drafting for need' v 'drafting BAP' chestnut.

But you are right, you shouldn't reach for a player based on positional need. The ideal outcome is a convergence where you end up with your BAP filling a potential weak spot on the roster, rather than let's say incrementally improving an area of strength.

I think we may get the happy convergence in this draft? If Fowler and Williams are gone by the time we pick, one of Cooper or White may be the best available player. That being the case, you grab him and the offense gets its future weapon?

None of us really know in truth. An offensive-line player could be top of our draft board right now, and none of us are any the wiser. I haven't a clue who we are going to draft to be honest. Kind of just want it to be done with right now.  :confused0085:

The whole strategy needs to be based around making this an attractive place for a QB to be.  You can do that by improving both sides of the ball.  We want to be able to enter the Drew Brees sweepstakes next season OR draft our stud QB.  There's no studs in this class.

COOPER is the single most important, immediate impact player in the top 10!

Geno Fitzpatrick and the entire JETS offense is transformed overnight!  Jets can compete for AFC East!

Everything gets better!

If the JETS are considering a trade up (and I'm not a fan of doing so) it should be for Cooper, not Mariota.

Caution to those targeting a projected prolific pass rusher with the first round pick.

VERNON GHOLSTON!

Archived