Idziks Picks Have a Chance to Shine

JetBlue

:face:

:face:

I stopped reading here. Sorry. I always give you more credit as a poster and I am always disappointed.

I accept your admission that you were wrong and he is not injury prone and/or missing an inordinate amount of snaps due to injury-in particular the ankle issues. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You admit age and you said his ankle played a role in limiting his production but .......no way that should be considered BIG risk factors going forward. Defies any sense of logical reasoning or risk factoring.

If you do not want to admit I was right all along, no problems. I do not come here to get props.  But atleast don't waste my time with repeated posts on this.

No, I don't consider it a BIG risk. He had an ankle. Young players get ankles, too. He's still got #1 WR type ability, and he has no guaranteed money beyond this year. Even if he slows down, he's still a big man who can catch the football. He'll extend drives and score TDs.

They didn't trade for him with the idea that they'll have to carry an extra WR this year, that's for sure.

No, I don't consider it a BIG risk. He had an ankle. Young players get ankles, too. He's still got #1 WR type ability, and he has no guaranteed money beyond this year. Even if he slows down, he's still a big man who can catch the football. He'll extend drives and score TDs.

They didn't trade for him with the idea that they'll have to carry an extra WR this year, that's for sure.

You always have weigh in the risk factors for any player. And when you are on the wrong side of 30 and have had a injury prone season that caused you to miss game and impact your production that risk factor going forward is even BIGGER. With the BIGGER risk toward injury and/or slowing down they have account for it in their team makeup. Not saying it has to happen this season. But the risk factors of age and injury for Marshall will be HIGHER and the JETS have to account for that. it's football reasoning 101.

And that's why i really, really doubt 5 WR's in the final 53.

You always have weigh in the risk factors for any player. And when you are on the wrong side of 30 and have had a injury prone season that caused you to miss game and impact your production that risk factor going forward is even BIGGER. With the BIGGER risk toward injury and/or slowing down they have account for it in their team makeup. Not saying it has to happen this season. But the risk factors of age and injury for Marshall will be HIGHER and the JETS have to account for that. it's football reasoning 101.

And that's why i really, really doubt 5 WR's in the final 53.

You are all alone on this Brandon Marshall is old and injury prone thing. No one's gonna convince you otherwise, so enjoy it. But the guy didn't crack two ribs and collapse a lung because he's either old or injury prone, and that was the only time he missed.

And Dom interpreted what I was saying correctly when I said that it was more likely that they'd carry five WRs than seven. I think seven is so unlikely, that they're more likely to carry five. Six is probably the sweet spot, depending on what the sixth guy brings to special teams. They're not carrying an extra WR because of one fan's issues with his age and alleged injury-proneness.

Huh???????? Saban is on record saying that Collins is the best defensive back he has ever coached. Collins is not slow, and he hits like a truck. Gmen got a gift from gods

He's an inside linebacker pretending to be a safety. I saw him get lost in coverage at Bama bunch of times and he sucked in the ball drills at the combine. Saban can say what he wants

You are all alone on this Brandon Marshall is old and injury prone thing. No one's gonna convince you otherwise, so enjoy it.

I have been alone on a lot of things. Unfortunately i have been right on most of those. if there was a logical reason i would be convinced BUT like in the past there is nothing that meshes with logic.

Bottomline the RISK FACTORS of age and injury are going to be VERY HIGH for a player like Brandon Marshall and the obvious deduction is the probability, the likelihood of these risk factors striking is also VERY HIGH. Whether that actually happens or not remains to be seen. I hope he has a healthy, productive season.

But if i am a planning man in the JETS FO I am planning for the worst case scenario and is enough depth. While it's early days BUT I actually think the likelihood of  7 WR's is more than 5. I could see the JETS going along with only 6 WR's BUT i would not agree with that.

I have been alone on a lot of things. Unfortunately i have been right on most of those. if there was a logical reason i would be convinced BUT like in the past there is nothing that meshes with logic.

Bottomline the RISK FACTORS of age and injury are going to be VERY HIGH for a player like Brandon Marshall and the obvious deduction is the probability, the likelihood of these risk factors striking is also VERY HIGH. Whether that actually happens or not remains to be seen. I hope he has a healthy, productive season.

But if i am a planning man in the JETS FO I am planning for the worst case scenario and is enough depth. While it's early days BUT I actually think the likelihood of  7 WR's is more than 5. I could see the JETS going along with only 6 WR's BUT i would not agree with that.

5e8.jpg

:winking0001:

:winking0001:

You are still around. I never heard your response to this conversation below.

Marshall was busy the last few years being one of the best receivers in football while J. Strong was beating up on college dbs.

Nice deflection.

So let me ask the question again, So which relevant WR category was he Top 10 in last season ?

But I am sure you will now provide the relevant information.

You are still around. I never heard your response to this conversation below.

But I am sure you will now provide the relevant information.

Just let it go...... Marshall is here, Strong is not. Is that relevant enough for you?

I disagree about Pryor being so bad, but they didn't have to draft anyone to compete with him.  They signed a significant FA safety in Gilchrist and added a bunch of CBs.  I think that they would rather put extra CBs on the field than extra safeties.  The already had Jarrett and Allen on the team who are decent enough young guys to compete.  Rontez Miles seemed promising to me and is in his third year adjusting from a small school.  They also added Durrell Eskridge a safety from Syracuse that probably came out a year too early, but many gave a 4th round grade.  Here is a scouting report on Eskridge from a Steelers website complete with #tape! 

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/04/report-steelers-show-interest-in-syracuse-s-durell-eskridge-during-pro-day/

All these guys are natural free safeties.  Pryor look like a deer in the headlights all year long.  I think he had a couple good plays in preseason.  Hopefully, Bowles can work some magic on him because these other guys are not suited to play SS.    

All these guys are natural free safeties.  Pryor look like a deer in the headlights all year long.  I think he had a couple good plays in preseason.  Hopefully, Bowles can work some magic on him because these other guys are not suited to play SS.    

Jarrett and Allen are not suited to strong safety?   I thought Allen was a good strong safety candidate

Archived