Idziks Picks Have a Chance to Shine

JetBlue

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one is lamenting the loss of Saunders; where are you getting that from? I just said that he was cut too soon to me because it wasn't like we had so many more talented players especially in the return game. Now if the reason he was cut was because he was missing or late to practice and had an attitude problem, fine but I wasn't aware of any of that. The point I made regarding the Saints is once he got an opportunity he did return a kick or punt for a touchdown. Will he make their team this year? I have no clue and truthfully don't really care.

I took it another way, as you'd only brought up how he was good enough to play for the Saints offense. In fact, he was not. If I misinterpreted then my bad.

When one drafts 12 players in one offseason I think it's expected that not all will still be there by the end of the season. The fact is he was awful for us, and his next 2 teams wouldn't let him near the active roster either. Only New Orleans, who lost a rookie burner late in the season, made room for him. He barely saw the field despite the obvious opening.

If he goes on to future success, good for him. But we can't keep everyone. Least of all one who only earned a roster spot by virtue of his draft status in the first place, and who then proceeded to screw up repeatedly and too significantly, with no success to offset the crappy play.

We still have 2 WRs from that draft, and they're the 2 who had and have a better shot at making it as a WR in the league. It seems he was drafted to be a punt returner as much as anything (given the team's prior year woes in the role). That's only worthy of a roster spot if he's kicking ass.

I still like Dozier quite a bit, that transition from Tackle to Guard isn't going to happen overnight, I think he's got a real chance to make some noise.   I think the OG competition will be one of my favorites, mainly becuase if I ever see Willie Colon play another snap it will be too f*cking soon.

I think even more than the switch from T to G, the jump from Furman to the NFL was bound to take some time.  He showed he could play with the big school boys in the Shrine game, but it is still a jump. 

my bad

It was still 99 yards.  

I took it another way, as you'd only brought up how he was good enough to play for the Saints offense. In fact, he was not. If I misinterpreted then my bad.

When one drafts 12 players in one offseason I think it's expected that not all will still be there by the end of the season. The fact is he was awful for us, and his next 2 teams wouldn't let him near the active roster either. Only New Orleans, who lost a rookie burner late in the season, made room for him. He barely saw the field despite the obvious opening.

If he goes on to future success, good for him. But we can't keep everyone. Least of all one who only earned a roster spot by virtue of his draft status in the first place, and who then proceeded to screw up repeatedly and too significantly, with no success to offset the crappy play.

We still have 2 WRs from that draft, and they're the 2 who had and have a better shot at making it as a WR in the league. It seems he was drafted to be a punt returner as much as anything (given the team's prior year woes in the role). That's only worthy of a roster spot if he's kicking ass.

According to football outsiders he only played one snap on offense for the Saints.  He supposedly played 6 for the Jets. 14 and 36 on special teams each which does not seem like much.  That might be an even bigger part of his problem.  He is so small that he is a returner only.  He is probably useless on the cover teams. You'd probably hope for more from a dedicated special teamer. He only returned kicks in week 16.  Travaris Cadet, a WR converted to RB did it the first 15 weeks.  They didn't tender Cadet who signed with the Pats, so maybe they wanted to see what they had in Saunders. 

all I know is it pretty awesome we aren't talking about enunwa or shaq starting or even really playing, its just to hopefully make the team because marshall, decker, smith and kerley already have that covered

schweeet

Solid points.  

Deflection. Cognitive dissonance.  Whatever.

He played over 70% of the Bears snaps despite missing 3 games.  I would say he wasn't so hobbled.  Age is a factor, but his injury history has not been bad so far.  Certainly not to the point of calling him "injury prone" 

Way to sneak in a response.

So Brandon Marshall went from playing 93.4% offensive snaps in 2013 to playing ONLY 71.1% snaps in 2014. But no injury issues. Keep deluding yourself but it won't become reality.

Bottomline, those injuries had an impact on how he could contribute and how many snaps he could play in a game. That did get reflected in his last season's numbers. They are risk factor. But when they happen on the wrong side of 30 they are HUGE risk factor. You just cannot wish it away. That's why going with 5 Wr's is going to be STUPID of the FO.

Jace Amaro is probably the only player I like from that class. I'd bet my life savings that Brooks Bollinger will come out of retirement and lead us to the playoffs before Pryor will be a top 10 safety.

The guy is atrocious. I don't give a sh*t if he played out of position. He did not make ONE good play all year.

Jace Amaro is probably the only player I like from that class. I'd bet my life savings that Brooks Bollinger will come out of retirement and lead us to the playoffs before Pryor will be a top 10 safety.

The guy is atrocious. I don't give a sh*t if he played out of position. He did not make ONE good play all year.

Agreed. He's show me nothing but a good college hit reel.

Agreed.  Which is why its surprising Mac didn't draft a safety to compete with Pryor.  The way Bowles and Mac go about things, I don't think they will be patient with Pryor or Geno for that matter.  Mac wasted little to no time revamping the secondary.  Maybe we can package Pryor and Geno for some deflated footballs.

Pryor and Amaro will continue as starters, McDougle will be a dime-CB or backup (for a year or two at least),  the others will never sniff a starting job on this team.

JMO.  Bad draft was generally bad, but IMO Amaro and Pryor will be decent enough long-term starters and McD will contribute.

Just curious? When did you get the time to extensively analyze the the progress of Mcdougle, or any of the other 2nd year p,ayers? I wouldn't have a clue how far they have come

Way to sneak in a response.

So Brandon Marshall went from playing 93.4% offensive snaps in 2013 to playing ONLY 71.1% snaps in 2014. But no injury issues. Keep deluding yourself but it won't become reality.

Bottomline, those injuries had an impact on how he could contribute and how many snaps he could play in a game. That did get reflected in his last season's numbers. They are risk factor. But when they happen on the wrong side of 30 they are HUGE risk factor. You just cannot wish it away. That's why going with 5 Wr's is going to be STUPID of the FO.

I hate going around with you because you literally never admit when someone else has a point, but...

He missed three games with a collapsed lung.  Nobody is denying that.  3 games is about 19% of the games.  71.1+whatever he would have gotten in those three games are probably damn close to 93.4%, but you keep "deluding yourself" that he was breaking down and not playing snaps.  Your whole premise is moronic.  Up until he left the Cowboy game he had played in less than 90% of the team's offensive snaps in 3 games 77% in week 3, 87% in week 4 and 83% in week 10.  The rest were all in the 90s including a 96, two 97s and two 98%s.  The three games before he got hurt were 96%, 98% and 92%.  He was playing more snaps per game than Jeffery, would you pass on Ashlon because he is "injury prone"? 

There are reasons to be concerned about Marshall.  Age is one of them, but I am more worried about things like attitude and catch rate.  The idea that he was injured and breaking down is a bit farfetched.

Agreed.  Which is why its surprising Mac didn't draft a safety to compete with Pryor.  The way Bowles and Mac go about things, I don't think they will be patient with Pryor or Geno for that matter.  Mac wasted little to no time revamping the secondary.  Maybe we can package Pryor and Geno for some deflated footballs.

I disagree about Pryor being so bad, but they didn't have to draft anyone to compete with him.  They signed a significant FA safety in Gilchrist and added a bunch of CBs.  I think that they would rather put extra CBs on the field than extra safeties.  The already had Jarrett and Allen on the team who are decent enough young guys to compete.  Rontez Miles seemed promising to me and is in his third year adjusting from a small school.  They also added Durrell Eskridge a safety from Syracuse that probably came out a year too early, but many gave a 4th round grade.  Here is a scouting report on Eskridge from a Steelers website complete with #tape! 

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/04/report-steelers-show-interest-in-syracuse-s-durell-eskridge-during-pro-day/

I disagree about Pryor being so bad, but they didn't have to draft anyone to compete with him. They signed a significant FA safety in Gilchrist and added a bunch of CBs. I think that they would rather put extra CBs on the field than extra safeties. The already had Jarrett and Allen on the team who are decent enough young guys to compete. Rontez Miles seemed promising to me and is in his third year adjusting from a small school. They also added Durrell Eskridge a safety from Syracuse that probably came out a year too early, but many gave a 4th round grade. Here is a scouting report on Eskridge from a Steelers website complete with #tape!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/04/report-steelers-show-interest-in-syracuse-s-durell-eskridge-during-pro-day/

Pryor stinks and what makes him so frustrating is we passed on some really good Wr's and a superior Safety for him. Gets lost in coverage, slow, bad ball skills - all the same reasons I think Collins is going to be a bust for the Giants.

Pryor stinks and what makes him so frustrating is we passed on some really good Wr's and a superior Safety for him. Gets lost in coverage, slow, bad ball skills - all the same reasons I think Collins is going to be a bust for the Giants.

I disagree.  About both Pryor and Collins. 

You must like slow safeties that get abused in coverage. Big Eric Smith fan?

I will agree to disagree.  Pryor was not particularly good, but if he weren't a first rounder the board would be all excited about him.  He seemed better than Jarrett and Allen and those guys get plenty of love.  He was also a rookie.  We will see if/how much he improves and if Bowles restricts his run.  These guys are safeties.  The majority of corners in the NFL can barely cover.  To expect safeties to play like Ronnie Lott is going to lead to a let down. 

I wasn't crazy about the pick because I don't see safety as a value position that early, but I talked myself into it because so many went early last year.

Huh???????? Saban is on record saying that Collins is the best defensive back he has ever coached. Collins is not slow, and he hits like a truck. Gmen got a gift from gods

Looking back...picking a safety in the 1st round...as bad as taking a RB.

Ugh.

But, juries still out. He played with some equally as bad CBs last year. This is a team game, especially coordinating a secondary.

Huh???????? Saban is on record saying that Collins is the best defensive back he has ever coached. Collins is not slow, and he hits like a truck. Gmen got a gift from gods

Nick Saban knowing more about football than people on this board? Are you crazy? :winking0001:

I will agree to disagree. Pryor was not particularly good, but if he weren't a first rounder the board would be all excited about him. He seemed better than Jarrett and Allen and those guys get plenty of love. He was also a rookie. We will see if/how much he improves and if Bowles restricts his run. These guys are safeties. The majority of corners in the NFL can barely cover. To expect safeties to play like Ronnie Lott is going to lead to a let down.

I wasn't crazy about the pick because I don't see safety as a value position that early, but I talked myself into it because so many went early last year.

If Pryor wasn't a first rounder the board would be more relieved than anything that at least we didn't blow a first rounder on him.

cough*Milliner*cough

He missed three games with a collapsed lung. Nobody is denying that. 3 games is about 19% of the games.

Speaking about going around in circles I already replied to this as shown below.

Those injuries had an impact on how he could contribute and how many snaps he could play in a game. That did get reflected in his last season's numbers. Injuries do happen in the NFL. They are risk factor. But when they happen on the wrong side of 30 they are BIGGER risk factor.

This is so obvious thing I am surprised I have to repeat it again and again. He had ankle issues too, which again i should not have to tell why that is a concern for a WR.

Speaking about going around in circles I already replied to this as shown below.

This is so obvious thing I am surprised I have to repeat it again and again. He had ankle issues too, which again i should not have to tell why that is a concern for a WR.

I see who you quoted.  Your source is flawed aka flat out wrong. 

He played over 90% of the team's snaps prior to being put on IR.  His ankle injuries OBVIOUSLY DID NOT HAVE AN IMPACT ON HOW MANY SNAPS HE COULD PLAY IN A GAME. 

Here are his snaps by offensive percentage:  Week 1 93%, Week 2 97%, Week 3 77%, Week 4 87%, Week 5 97%, Week 6 93%, Week 7 98%, Week 8 90%, Week 9 BYE, Week 10 83%, Week 11 96%, Week 12 98%, Week 13 92%.  Then he got hurt in the 2nd quarter of the Cowboy game already having played 25% of the offensive snaps for the day.  Go ahead post it again.  Will that make it right? 

I see who you quoted.  Your source is flawed aka flat out wrong. 

He played over 90% of the team's snaps prior to being put on IR.  His ankle injuries OBVIOUSLY DID NOT HAVE AN IMPACT ON HOW MANY SNAPS HE COULD PLAY IN A GAME. 

Here are his snaps by offensive percentage:  Week 1 93%, Week 2 97%, Week 3 77%, Week 4 87%, Week 5 97%, Week 6 93%, Week 7 98%, Week 8 90%, Week 9 BYE, Week 10 83%, Week 11 96%, Week 12 98%, Week 13 92%.  Then he got hurt in the 2nd quarter of the Cowboy game already having played 25% of the offensive snaps for the day.  Go ahead post it again.  Will that make it right? 

Again stating the obvious, when a guy misses 3 games because of injuries wrong side of 30 what else do you become concerned about. But again you are so good with these stats so please explain why the drop in production?

Again stating the obvious, when a guy misses 3 games because of injuries wrong side of 30 what else do you become concerned about. But again you are so good with these stats so please explain why the drop in production?

So you admit that you are just complaining he is old?  I was not arguing his production.   We can be worried about his age and production, but we can't call him injury prone.  He may well get injured this year, but that does not make him injury prone. He missed 3 1/2 games.  That is some of it.  All I was doing was pointing out that this statement was false:  Those injuries had an impact on how many snaps he could play in a game   You want to keep pretending it's not?  Knock yourself out. You want to fight the good fight that Brandon Marshall is overrated?  Knock yourself out.  I don't care to defend him.  I think he will be effective, but I don't expect 100 catches out of him either. 

This is nonsense. He had an ankle injury that he was dealing with all year, but missed no time as a result.

He took a knee to his back that broke two ribs and collapsed his lung, which landed him on the IR. That is absolutely, 100%, NOT an age related injury. Nor is it an injury that you have to worry about reoccurrence or lingering effects into next season. His age is definitely a factor in his reduced production, as was that ankle, but trying to call him "injury prone" just doesn't work.

Oh, and he held onto the ball despite that hit on 4th & 7!

His age is definitely a factor in his reduced production, as was that ankle, but trying to call him "injury prone" just doesn't work.

You admit age and you said his ankle played a role in limiting his production but .......no way that should be considered BIG risk factors going forward. Defies any sense of logical reasoning or risk factoring.

If you do not want to admit I was right all along, no problems. I do not come here to get props.  But atleast don't waste my time with repeated posts on this.

Archived