Dumb rant: Training Camp dates

JohnnyLV

For some reason it always bothers me that we are consistently the last to announce the actual dates for training camp. Based on NFL rules, it likely starts 4 weeks from today, with rookies and QBs up to a week before, But I want to know. It is just silly that we always wait to the very end of July or early July to announce the training camp schedule. I mean KRL needs to plan the 15 days or so he will do camp reports :)

Just really jonesing for football and I cannot even count the days.....

These are the 'dog days' (looking at your avatar) for NFL football.  Just seems like forever from draft day and the few little mini camp info dumps we get to the real camp.  And the boards reflect this with the quality of topics.

For some reason it always bothers me that we are consistently the last to announce the actual dates for training camp. Based on NFL rules, it likely starts 4 weeks from today, with rookies and QBs up to a week before, But I want to know. It is just silly that we always wait to the very end of July or early July to announce the training camp schedule. I mean KRL needs to plan the 15 days or so he will do camp reports :)

What's bothering me about all this is the change due to the new CBA. Under the guidelines we are talking only 21 to 24 days of training prior to the regular season.

Someone please tell me how players are not going to get injured early in the regular season because they don't have time to condition?

I get what you are saying but this year they have a lot to work out logistically. The schedule is going to be very interesting this year. I don't think camp will be open as much as in years past. We will find out soon enough but I think it is going to be a little lighter with the public dates.

Plus they are working out a lot of logistics...definitely looking forward to the schedule but with no coaches I am sure they have a lot to sort out.

I fully understand Bowles and Maccagnan wanting to run camp at home (access to all facilities, easier to bring

in tryout players if necessary).  But it's up to Woody and the operations people to revamp Florham Park to the

standards of Cortland or at worst Hofstra.  That means high school bleachers for the thousands of fans that

may show up for a given practice.  Hopefully they've used their time up in Cortland wisely and will implement

a similar setup down here

What's bothering me about all this is the change due to the new CBA. Under the guidelines we are talking only 21 to 24 days of training prior to the regular season.

Someone please tell me how players are not going to get injured early in the regular season because they don't have time to condition?

Professionals should be conditioning year round, or nearly so, but I hear what you are saying. With a sport as complicated and dangerous as pro football, it is amazing they can start a season with so few practices. High school football practices more!

I fully understand Bowles and Maccagnan wanting to run camp at home (access to all facilities, easier to bring

in tryout players if necessary).  But it's up to Woody and the operations people to revamp Florham Park to the

standards of Cortland or at worst Hofstra.  That means high school bleachers for the thousands of fans that

may show up for a given practice.  Hopefully they've used their time up in Cortland wisely and will implement

When I look at a satellite view of the facility, I realize that there is very little room for fans. Around all the fields are negligible areas for seating.

Max and KRL are correct in stating Woody needs to find some places for the fan base. Where will they be playing the Green/White game? If at AH, there will be very few fans as compared to Cortland

http://www.mapquest.com/us/new-jersey/business-florham-park/atlantic-health-jets-training-center-261526638

Make sure you hit satellite on upper right and then zoom in.

in tryout players if necessary). But it's up to Woody and the operations people to revamp Florham Park to the

standards of Cortland or at worst Hofstra. That means high school bleachers for the thousands of fans that

may show up for a given practice. Hopefully they've used their time up in Cortland wisely and will implement

100% agree. I'm happy it'll be at Florham Park but the Jets need to find a way to make it more fan friendly.

FDU right accross the street. Maybe they can work out a deal to let public practices and Green/White game be played there?

This sounds like a good plan.  They're still close to their facilities at Florham Park but I'm sure FDU is

set up to accommodate a couple of thousand people to watch practice

#MakeItHappenWoody!

I'm sorry I have to be the one to play devil's advocate here; the Jets are not going to allow training camp to be held anywhere else but at the facility. they are going to limit the amount of time that people will be able to see training camp as well and will more than likely press for season ticket holders to get priority over those who are not.

I'm sorry I have to be the one to play devil's advocate here; the Jets are not going to allow training camp to be held anywhere else but at the facility. they are going to limit the amount of time that people will be able to see training camp as well and will more than likely press for season ticket holders to get priority over those who are not.

I think the whole reason Woody let MacDaddy go after Revis, Cromartie, Skrine, Marshall, Carpenter was because of the fan base. He wants to win and he wants his fan base rejuvinated, excited and involved. You don't do that by excluding the fan base..... You embrace them and having Camp in Florham Park and open to the public on certain days makes sense. FDU would be a great place to hold the Green/White Scrimage!

I think the whole reason Woody let MacDaddy go after Revis, Cromartie, Skrine, Marshall, Carpenter was because of the fan base. He wants to win and he wants his fan base rejuvinated, excited and involved. You don't do that by excluding the fan base..... You embrace them and having Camp in Florham Park and open to the public on certain days makes sense. FDU would be a great place to hold the Green/White Scrimage!

then you don't know woody. if anything, the Green and White scrimmage will be held at MetLife.

plus, with the new CBA-the organization is limited to scrimmages and actual practice dates.

that's the real reason that 28 of the 32 teams are having their training camp at their practice facilities this year, including the New York Jets.

then you don't know woody. if anything, the Green and White scrimmage will be held at MetLife.

plus, with the new CBA-the organization is limited to scrimmages and actual practice dates.

that's the real reason that 28 of the 32 teams are having their training camp at their practice facilities this year, including the New York Jets.

Well, I guess we'll see in about 4 weeks or so.

Archived