Breaking Bad Mafia - Game Over

Nolder

Except that Ape called JC's claim bullsh*t out of the gate when he made the claim.  And JC said his attempt to masonize with Ape failed, meaning Ape is likely non-town if JC is telling the truth.  Both of them cannot be telling the truth.  They are diametrically opposing forces now.

Only possibility I can think of that falls outside of this black/white thinking is if JC lied about who he tried to masonize with.  But I fail to see a reason why he'd do that.

lmfao - this guy

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Masonize could have failed for other reasons than Ape being scum but that is the simplest solution, imo

yes, but on the off chance that JC and that repulsive ape are both town, pushing this one or the other idea is completely anti town. Basically could hand scum 4 straight kills

If JC is lying, he's scum.  If JC is telling the truth, what does it matter who he masonizes with?  You'll be non-town and we have no reason to listen to you. 

So, it doesn't make sense to have JC masonize with the uncountered cop, because we'd be able to trust her to vouch for whether JC's action worked, more than say... anyone else at this point?

How do you not understand the motive behind what I was suggesting? ****, it's like you strive to re-invent stupid daily.

Regardless, I didn't realize masonizer usually only works with vanilla townies. 

yes, but on the off chance that JC and that repulsive ape are both town, pushing this one or the other idea is completely anti town. Basically could hand scum 4 straight kills

I agree here. Feels like someone wants to set up lynches. I could lynch on principle.

So, it doesn't make sense to have JC masonize with the uncountered cop, because we'd be able to trust her to vouch for whether JC's action worked, more than say... anyone else at this point?

How do you not understand the motive behind what I was suggesting? ****, it's like you strive to re-invent stupid daily.

Regardless, I didn't realize masonizer usually only works with vanilla townies. 

I don't think there is any such thing as "usually" when it comes to that role, and certainly not when considering the nolderp's take on it

Thinking of masonizing with Nyn or 80.

Thoughts?

Go ahead and "masonize" with one of your mates, then they can vouch for you. I'll volunteer to be tomorrow's lynch if it indicts you + one of your mates. Sign me up for that sh*t right now... 

Masonize could have failed for other reasons than Ape being scum but that is the simplest solution, imo

Yup.

Again, it sticks in my craw when people present conclusions and exclude very obvious variables as possibilities.

That being said, I don't believe JC is town at all. So, there's that.

I think he should..

what if like last game, he would die if attempting to masonize with scum?

JC.. announce please.. (but take your time)

I actually forgot about that aspect of the role...but wouldnt that clear Ape? 

And what's the ramifications of announcing and not masonizing with scum?  

Have Leelou view me then I'll announce my partner tomorrow.  2 townies confirmed.

Thoughts?

last game leelou specificaly stated that verbal would've died if trying to partner with scum. What happens if you partner with scum, die, but don't tell anyone who you tried? We lose you + miss catching scum..

Rather you just wait a bit, put your target in and then announce right before day break.. If you show up as an extra death, we can lynch whomever you targetted..  That being said, you'd need to make sure you were the last night action in otherwise there's a good scum counter

Go ahead and "masonize" with one of your mates, then they can vouch for you. I'll volunteer to be tomorrow's lynch if it indicts you + one of your mates. Sign me up for that sh*t right now... 

Haha - that what I was alluding at but didnt want to give him a game plan, assuming he's scum.   You're right though, we could probably work that out pretty easily. 

I actually forgot about that aspect of the role...but wouldnt that clear Ape? 

And what's the ramifications of announcing and not masonizing with scum?  

There's a few that i don't want to announce publicly, the simple one is scum would just kill whomever jc targets.. That leaves jc unconfirmed and a lynch candidate, 

Haha - that what I was alluding at but didnt want to give him a game plan, assuming he's scum.   You're right though, we could probably work that out pretty easily. 

if they are stupid enough to do that with a confirmed cop in the game, have at it

hate that people who were laughing at JC's claim are now scrambling to tell him how to use it.

why? It's only 1 game ago that people were saying there's no way SMC was cop, until he was... You can never be sure of anything in mafia

major computer issues..  impossibly slow load times.

hate that people who were laughing at JC's claim are now scrambling to tell him how to use it.

Better safe than sorry?

JC, as per your role, does it say whether targeting non town kills you or is just a failed result? If we're basing this on the assumption that he failed to masonize Ape because Ape is scum, wouldn't it be worthwhile to know if that's the actual result he would get?

I don't think there is any such thing as "usually" when it comes to that role, and certainly not when considering the nolderp's take on it

Gotcha. Honestly I dunno.

Here's waht I found: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Neighborizer

Neighborizer

Neighborizer Alias:
  • Mason Recruiter
Alignment: any Role type:
  • Linked
  • Informative
Choice:
  • Night

Neighborizer is a player who can target other players at Night to recruit them into a Neighborhood. They may begin speaking to each other at the end of the Night, or at the beginning of the next Night - it depends on whether the moderator allows the Neighbors to speak during the Day.

Neighborizers are most often pro-Town. They usually do not have any Neighbors at the beginning of the game.

Variations

Mason Recruiter or Masonizer is a similar role for Masons. However, if a Masonizer targets someone who is not Town-aligned, the action will fail. Commonly, the Masonizer will also die in the process. This is a particularly powerful role when used.

If Nolder is using the only version of this role I've ever seen, then if I'm scum, JC should have died. So, there's that. This is also why I thought it would work with Leelou the best. It says nothing about masonizing other power roles. 

The logic of a unvetted masonizer targeting an uncountered cop is actually spot on. Where's JC, why isn't he giving you guys details on how his role works? Why aren't you guys asking him the right questions?

Instead your going to put the ball in his court and let him choose who he targets and announce it, which allows scum to form plan. Maybe because I know I'm town, I'm having a very hard time not looking at this suspiciously... 

If Nolder is using the only version of this role I've ever seen, then if I'm scum, JC should have died. So, there's that. This is also why I thought it would work with Leelou the best. It says nothing about masonizing other power roles. 

It says this is COMMONLY what happens.  Not always. 

If Masonizer works the way it did last game, my logic isn't faulty at all. 

Last game, Leelou said Verbal would die if he masonized scum.

If JC is telling the truth, and I am scum, then he should have died on N1.

Dumb.

Dumb.

Correct, but I've been saying you are Non-Town.  That can mean a lot of things in a game where we've already had 2 claimed and 1 dead confirmed  survivor.

Dumb.

Which is why I'm asking the person that "has" the role what version he has. . .

There's a few that i don't want to announce publicly, the simple one is scum would just kill whomever jc targets.. That leaves jc unconfirmed and a lynch candidate, 

Yeah...I guess the risk could very well be worth the reward.

I'll let JC decide.  I dont like having so many people influencing his decision.

if they are stupid enough to do that with a confirmed cop in the game, have at it

Haha - at first I thought it would be a clever play but reality it would devastating to their team. 

Better safe than sorry?

JC, as per your role, does it say whether targeting non town kills you or is just a failed result? If we're basing this on the assumption that he failed to masonize Ape because Ape is scum, wouldn't it be worthwhile to know if that's the actual result he would get?

All I got was a link and an x-shot (which I'll keep to myself at this point).  I didn't die and all I got was "action failed" so I assumed Ape was scum but Nolder didn't kill me for guessing wrong.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Neighborizer&redirect=no#Variations

why? It's only 1 game ago that people were saying there's no way SMC was cop, until he was... You can never be sure of anything in mafia

seems disingenuous.  there's a couple scenarios of how to play it that he should be able to easily figure out. 

I hope he's what he says he is at it makes the ape look foolish but I can't get over how poorly he played yesterday.  and why in the holy hell would he want to partner with the Ape on N1??  he just spent over a week in a QT with him.  JC strikes me as the kind of guy that would want to masonize one of our ladies..  like Hess.

Archived