How is it Possible that Cumby&Davis are our Starting TE's? WTF!

32EBoozer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julius Thomas?  That was the only reason that Green hasn't put up numbers?  If that is the case, please explain how Jacob Tamme managed 80+ and 800+ yards over the past three seasons while Green ended up with 23/206/1 over the past 4.  Julius Thomas and Virgil Green were in the same draft class.  Thomas was hurt a ton, came from a smaller school, yet some how leapfrogged right past Green who was healthy and already getting plenty of run his first couple of years.  Meanwhile, Green was held back by the likes of Joel Dreesen, Daniel Fells and Dante Rosario.  

If Green were better than Julius Thomas he would have gotten more money.  Simple as that.

unfortunately the sport of football is played with one ball so the opportunities kinda dwindle when you already have Demariyus Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Julius Thomas, Wes Weller and CJ Anderson.

unfortunately the sport of football is played with one ball so the opportunities kinda dwindle when you already have Demariyus Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Julius Thomas, Wes Weller and CJ Anderson.

So your analysis is that it is better not to produce with those guys drawing coverage and Peyton Manning throwing than to provide more than four times as much production while catching  passes thrown by Sanchez, Smith and McElroy with David Nelson and Greg Salas drawing coverage?  Got it. 

If I was you, I would stop trying to make a Gronk / Amaro comparison now - ( it's like making revis / Kyle Wilson comparison).  Might have been funny the first time, but to keep harping on something so ridiculous like that, is just sad.    jace AMaro isn't in the same stratosphere when comparing him to Gronk.( are you watching the football games)

Having a jace Amaro again as your TE,  should never prevent a team from upgrading the position.

I get it.  As a clueless Raider fan you can't fathom how 38 catches from Geno Smith could possibly compare to Gronks 42 catches from Tom Brady.  Either your too clueless to realize that it's a difference of only 4 catches or you can't get you head around how good Gronk is now.  Point wasn't that Amaro will become Gronk, point was that he's shown potential.  I know, beyond what you may consider.  Then again you're not very smart 

Fasano, Chandler,Clay, Cameron, Paul, Virgil Green, Daniels, Bear Pascoe, Tony Moeaki, Lance Kendricks, Dante Rosario, Jacob Tamme

and the whole "teams don't usually have two tight ends" argument is pretty lame when the Pats signed Scott Chandler after Gronk had a historic season.

sorry but none of those TEs should get anyone excited and get them running to sign one.  As much as we don't like Cumby Fasano isn't an upgrade.  And it's not lame to think with Cumby and Amaro and a long list of needs that we can put off TE.  It's lame to think that signing one off that list was a priority 

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Tight end Ifeanyi Momah's first season with the Cardinals ended before it started Thursday.

The team announced Momah, who was listed as one of the Cardinals' starting tight ends on the team's initial depth chart, was placed on injured reserve because of a knee injury he suffered during Tuesday's practice.

The Cardinals signed tight end Joseph Fauria in a corresponding move.

Fauria was released by Detroit during its final cuts on Sept. 5. The 6-foot-7 Fauria played in 23 games the past two seasons with the Lions, catching 24 passes for 281 yards and eight touchdowns.

Not to defend Cumby because I dont think he's great by any means but it's not like the guy has had any consistency or talent at QB position to get him the ball.  He's a WR by trade and he's got some speed, so maybe he can do more than we've seen in a real offense with a decent QB.  He did finish the season strong with back to back games with a TD.  

Agree.  We threw for under 3K yards a year ago, have been a 3.5K per a year team for his entire time here.  How many yards outside of the top 2 WRs are there even available to others?

I get it.  As a clueless Raider fan you can't fathom how 38 catches from Geno Smith could possibly compare to Gronks 42 catches from Tom Brady.  Either your too clueless to realize that it's a difference of only 4 catches or you can't get you head around how good Gronk is now.  Point wasn't that Amaro will become Gronk, point was that he's shown potential.  I know, beyond what you may consider.  Then again you're not very smart 

oh My God Aaron Donald had 9 sacks his rookie year, compare to JJ Watt 5.5 his rookie year.   

Aaron Donald has a chance to be the best defensive player in football..   lmao why you have to actually watch football games, and not just go by stats. 

The fact is in 2014 the Jets Wr corp was a joke , not to mention one of the worst Qb's in the game. ( let's be nice and say accuracy not his strength).     it doesn't matter who you had at Te because they were going to see the majority of footballs.( had best chance completing those kind of passes.    see Raiders Brandon Myers - 76 reception for 800 something yards.  when he had his monster year.  ( same reason as Amaro -not because he was any good but because talent around him was so poor). now look at Gronkowski rookie year not only did they have way better Wr than the Jets, but he had another TE sharing the workload A Hernandez.

Keep  making your ridiculous claims, I tried to help you from embarrassing yourself.   you wouldn't listen- that's on you.    

Like Jon Idzik showed - accountants don't make good scouts.

Fitz will attempt 20 - 25 throws a game. I bet that Fauria. would have caught more than Cumby /Davis combined and also block for Ivory. He could have stayed on the field for most snaps

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Anybody is better.  

Joesph Fauria has 24 catches for 281 and 8 over the past 2 seasons.  Cumberland has 49 for 645 and 7 over the same two years.  Yep, this guy is a sure fire upgrade over Cumberland.  His ******* catch to target ratio isn't even any better.  Give me a ******* break already with every sh*thead that gets cut.  Cumberland is not a great option, that doesn't mean that every sh*thead that hits the market is better.

oh My God Aaron Donald had 9 sacks his rookie year, compare to JJ Watt 5.5 his rookie year.   

Aaron Donald has a chance to be the best defensive player in football..   lmao why you have to actually watch football games, and not just go by stats. 

The fact is in 2014 the Jets Wr corp was a joke , not to mention one of the worst Qb's in the game. ( let's be nice and say accuracy not his strength).     it doesn't matter who you had at Te because they were going to see the majority of footballs.( had best chance completing those kind of passes.    see Raiders Brandon Myers - 76 reception for 800 something yards.  when he had his monster year.  ( same reason as Amaro -not because he was any good but because talent around him was so poor). now look at Gronkowski rookie year not only did they have way better Wr than the Jets, but he had another TE sharing the workload A Hernandez.

Keep  making your ridiculous claims, I tried to help you from embarrassing yourself.   you wouldn't listen- that's on you.    

Like Jon Idzik showed - accountants don't make good scouts.

Are you an idiot?  I said Amaro was a good prospect, then said he had comparable rookie numbers to Gronk and youre off on a tangent.

Stop already, you are as clueless a poster as I've seen.  Between your over the top, cliche riddled Raider fluff pieces to your equally over the top Jet analysis to your idiotic Raider predictions you need to stop, really.  Youre an idiot who keeps telling me to I'm wrong.  Instead of all this nonsense why don't you argue the point, Amaro was in the ballpark of Gronks rookie numbers.  

It's obvious from reports and the pre-season that Enunwa is going to have a role at TE/H-Back in addition to his WR duties and ST's, he effectively is the 3rd TE right now.

It's also obvious the team has plans after week 1 when contracts aren't guaranteed, I believe there is interest with Fauria.

Yes, Enunwa will be given shot to be the offensive threat from TE. Amaro is injured and Kyle Brady is too old, which explains our situation. I'm not concerned.

Are you an idiot?  I said Amaro was a good prospect, then said he had comparable rookie numbers to Gronk and youre off on a tangent.

Stop already, you are as clueless a poster as I've seen.  Between your over the top, cliche riddled Raider fluff pieces to your equally over the top Jet analysis to your idiotic Raider predictions you need to stop, really.  Youre an idiot who keeps telling me to I'm wrong.  Instead of all this nonsense why don't you argue the point, Amaro was in the ballpark of Gronks rookie numbers.  

The last 3 years the Raiders were 4-12 twice and 3-13 last year and every year Raiderfan was here talking crap.. It's not worth getting upset JN..

So in your book , A Te who can't block his way out of a paper bag, and drops a ton of passes is a good te prospect.  ( he was being moved to h-back role for a reason because a player who can't block isn't a real Te.)     

Again someone had to catch the footballs on a very bad offense, Jace Amaro who told everyone he expected to catch 100 passes last year-   Was a major disappointment as a draft pick. ( can't spin that as it's fact) 

It's laughable your trying to give Amaro credit for playing with a bad Qb, yet you aren't taking in Gronk rookie year where he was playing with better Wr corps, and another Te( Hernandez) eating up his chances.( Less chances in offense going to mean less receptions) 

No one going to confuse Jace Amaro for Gronk- they aren't even on the same level as NFL player.

btw To show how silly your argument is Te Mychal Rivera had very similar numbers as Gronk his rookie year( was way better than Amaro numbers - way more yards with same receptions).  It  doesn't make him good or a number 1 Te.     That is better comparison Mychal  Rivera and Jace Amaro- both can't block, and are better suited as number 2 Te types, that you use in conjunction with a number 1 type of Te.      

The main point is Jace Amaro isn't good enough TE,  that it should have prevented the Jet from trying to upgrade the position in the offseason.( what the poster who started the thread was getting across to you).      

The last 3 years the Raiders were 4-12 twice and 3-13 last year and every year Raiderfan was here talking crap.. It's not worth getting upset JN..

All I'm going to say there is the draft is the lifeline of any team. while Jets were swinging and missing on 12 draft picks in 2014 .   The Raiders knocked it out of the ball pArk. ( Mack, Carr, Gabe Jackson, J  Ellis , K McGill , Travis Carrie .  2015 another big haul( Cooper, Edwards, Walford , Heeney, N Ball, Feliciano. that!s not counting the undrafted Fa's they have hit on those two years.     

Bad  drafts eventually catch up to any organization, while excellent drafts have way of changing the fortunes of teams too.

sorry but none of those TEs should get anyone excited and get them running to sign one.  As much as we don't like Cumby Fasano isn't an upgrade.  And it's not lame to think with Cumby and Amaro and a long list of needs that we can put off TE.  It's lame to think that signing one off that list was a priority 

Fasano blocks.  Cumby doesn't.  For all this hype about Cumby as a receiver him and Fasano are the same in that area

Relax Jet fans

Like every season of the last 14....9176 will be taking his fantasies of great Raider draft hauls and successful seasons and making his annual disappearance around October 10 when they are 0-5 or 1-4 to return like the swallows in March with more of the same old same olds

So in your book , A Te who can't block his way out of a paper bag, and drops a ton of passes is a good te prospect.  ( he was being moved to h-back role for a reason because a player who can't block isn't a real Te.)     

Again someone had to catch the footballs on a very bad offense, Jace Amaro who told everyone he expected to catch 100 passes last year-   Was a major disappointment as a draft pick. ( can't spin that as it's fact) 

It's laughable your trying to give Amaro credit for playing with a bad Qb, yet you aren't taking in Gronk rookie year where he was playing with better Wr corps, and another Te( Hernandez) eating up his chances.( Less chances in offense going to mean less receptions) 

No one going to confuse Jace Amaro for Gronk- they aren't even on the same level as NFL player.

btw To show how silly your argument is Te Mychal Rivera had very similar numbers as Gronk his rookie year( was way better than Amaro numbers - way more yards with same receptions).  It  doesn't make him good or a number 1 Te.     That is better comparison Mychal  Rivera and Jace Amaro- both can't block, and are better suited as number 2 Te types, that you use in conjunction with a number 1 type of Te.      

The main point is Jace Amaro isn't good enough TE,  that it should have prevented the Jet from trying to upgrade the position in the offseason.( what the poster who started the thread was getting across to you).      

you truly are an idiot.  1000 words and miss the point entirely 

Fasano blocks.  Cumby doesn't.  For all this hype about Cumby as a receiver him and Fasano are the same in that area

if there is a difference, I don't think there's an upgrade, it's negligible and nothing to write home about.  It's change for the sake of change.  Then again some will need to find a new whipping boy.  No Cumby, no Geno, no Amaro, Pryor would be dead

you truly are an idiot.  1000 words and miss the point entirely 

It doesn't matter who you're talking to, you need to stay away from the personal attacks. I'm sure you can make your point without the insults. Thanks. 

I think Enuwa plays the role of the 3rd tight end.  A few times I saw them motion him in the preseason and then block the linebacker or cornerback for a few nice runs.  To me he seems to be the 3rd tight end/hback role.  The way he is built it seems to suit him well.  I'll be interested to see how it plays out.  That being said I was hoping for Fauria too.  Thought he'd be a nice addition.  With 10 offensive lineman I'm interested to see what we do this weekend.  I think a move or two is on the way.  Wonder if they waited for the practice squads to be filled so if they cut someone they wouldn't lose them.

the difference is the raiders actually have a good team this year.  

And a broken clock is right twice a day.  He's been talking up the Raiders forever.  Wait until we play them.   You've seen nothing yet.

And still doesn't change the idea that he's missed the point as much as someone can miss a point

Also there's this:

@NFLonCBS: Aldon Smith has reportedly signed a one-year deal with the Raiders.

I mean he probably won't see the field much this year but who knows these days.

Aldon Smith the NFL has stated is eligible to play week one against the Bengals.   The ginger must go down and hard. k Mack and Aldon Smith coming off the corner in week one should be a nightmare for any offenseline. ( eventually he probably looking at a suspension down the road- )

Archived