Jets at Colts: The Last Game at Indy

nyjunc

Amazingly enough this is our first Monday Night game ever against Indianapolis, I know they stunk for a long time and then we stunk for a long time when we were in the same division but it's still a little odd. we have played them at night though and most recently it was a prime time Wild Card game in the 2010 season(January 2011) and it ended in one of the most thrilling wins in our history w/ a last second FG to beat the Colts in the last game Peyton manning would ever play for the Colts.

boxscore: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201101080clt.htm

15+-+2010+Jets+@+Colts.jpg  folk-and-jets.jpg  107940226-braylon-edwards-of-the-new-yor

I was a big Sanchez supporter but my God did Sanchez miss so many throws...EVERYTHING was high

he struggled that 1st half but was great in the 2nd half including leading the GW drive.  they ran it well to open the 2nd half and the ground game got us going but the pass game finished it off.  he started slow at NE a week later too but got going in the 2nd qtr instead of the 3rd.

I was more elated after this win than after the win the following week against the Patriots. The game had been so tightly played for 4 quarters and then when the Colts kicked that late field goal to take the lead with almost no time left I was in a state of panicked denial. We had won so many games in the closing minutes that season that I didn't lose hope, Cro's return set it all up. 

The videos are great..  perfect example of why I'll always think fondly of Rex and Sanchez.  Like it or not they were at the helm during the best stretch of Jet football in the last 45 years.

Just watched this for the first time in years and laughed my ass off..  especially at the beginning.  I remember reading an article at the time saying Bart was out there by himself flying around...  he wasn't doing it for the cameras.  And they way he came in for the smooth landing?  hysterical...

Archived