Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nyjunc

2015-16 NCAA Basketball

Recommended Posts

Paging Pete Gaudet, Pete Gaudet please report to Hansbrough Indoor Stadium at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ACC is crazy this year. I thought Carolina was going to run away with it tonight. But Notre Dame is tough to beat at home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough week for the Heels, they didn't play well but ND attempting near 40 FTs won that game for them.  it was crazy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best rivalry in sports resumes Wednesday as duke travels to Chapel Hill to face the Heels. Thanks to the officials allowing an incredible travel on saturday to help duke beat Uva they are ranked again so it's #20 vs. #5.  amazingly OU loses again this week and doesn't drop in the rankings, it's mind boggling.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2016 at 9:51 AM, nyjunc said:

The best rivalry in sports resumes Wednesday as duke travels to Chapel Hill to face the Heels. Thanks to the officials allowing an incredible travel on saturday to help duke beat Uva they are ranked again so it's #20 vs. #5.  amazingly OU loses again this week and doesn't drop in the rankings, it's mind boggling.

 

whats your excuse losing to a team with just 6 players and 1 got hurt during game.. Blame the refs huh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, afosomf said:

whats your excuse losing to a team with just 6 players and 1 got hurt during game.. Blame the refs huh

First off, let's stop w/ the 6 player nonsense.  they play 6 BY CHOICE, they have McD's AAs on the bench b/c K cannot develop players.  I am so sick of the undermanned duke crying b/c they lost one role player to injury.  

Carolina blew it, for a duke game it was only about 60-40 in favor of duke w/ regards to the calls and that is all you can really ask for.  You can't allow a game to come down to a late no call, Berry was mugged on the game winning attempt but it's Carolina's fault for being in that situation.  No excuse to allow an inferior team to hang around all game and when that happens disaster can strike.  

Luckily it's mid February and not late March.  Roy's teams always get better the 2nd half of ACC play and I expect that to continue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

First off, let's stop w/ the 6 player nonsense.  they play 6 BY CHOICE, they have McD's AAs on the bench b/c K cannot develop players.  I am so sick of the undermanned duke crying b/c they lost one role player to injury.  

Carolina blew it, for a duke game it was only about 60-40 in favor of duke w/ regards to the calls and that is all you can really ask for.  You can't allow a game to come down to a late no call, Berry was mugged on the game winning attempt but it's Carolina's fault for being in that situation.  No excuse to allow an inferior team to hang around all game and when that happens disaster can strike.  

Luckily it's mid February and not late March.  Roy's teams always get better the 2nd half of ACC play and I expect that to continue.  

seriously dude you are embarrassing yourself, Mugged LOL they played 5 guys in 2H, UNC is just a softee with zero heart. typical heels fan blames the refs instead of youe stupid coach

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, afosomf said:

seriously dude you are embarrassing yourself, Mugged LOL they played 5 guys in 2H, UNC is just a softee with zero heart. typical heels fan blames the refs instead of youe stupid coach

the game shouldn't come down to that play but berry was clearly fouled.  
 

Lost a similar game to duke in 2005 and then went on to win the Nat'l title.  Carolina gets better later in seasons, long way to go and the only one embarrassing here is the one that disappears when his team struggles then comes back to talk crap when his team wins.  those are the worst types of fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears the heels are back on track after blowing out Miami and NC State but we will see.  Big game at UVa on Saturday where they can almost wrap up the ACC reg season title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough loss Saturday at UVa but I believe in Carolina's 6 losses they are by a combined 22 pts.  that's amazing.  UVa hit their Fts, carolina did not, it was as simple as that and Malcom Brogdon is a great college player who does not get nearly enough respect.  Big week w/ senior night tonight and then the revenge game on saturday.  win these 2 and they win the ACC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, afosomf said:

UNC is soft as butter

you mean they don't whine at every call? fake fouls to "sell the foul" have their coach curse out the refs every opportunity he gets? have dirty players?  Ok, I agree with you.  I wouldn't want a team/program that does that.  I love this group of players, one of my all time favorite teams and it will be fun watching them clinch the ACC in Hansbrough Indoor Sat evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This SU-Pitt 2nd Rd ACC Tourney game is getting good.  SU climbing back in it only down 5 w/ 5 1/2 to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooney misses at the buzzer and Pitt will face the Heels in the qtrs tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NC State and duke had an entertaining 1st half, State leads 53-50 at the break.

 

in other news:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heels pull away w/ 88-71 win over Pitt in ACC qtrs, await the winner of ND-duke tomorrow night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good game in the Big 14 qtrs(formerly Big 10).  Michigan down just 1 to IU late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we don't have a lot of interest in CBB on this board but the NCAA Tourney is the best in all of sports so here are my picks:

 

East Region:

1st rd:

North Carolina over play in winner

USC over Providence

Indiana over Chatanooga

UK over Stony Brook

ND over play in winner

SF Austin over WVU

Wisconsin over Pitt

Xavier over Weber State

2nd rd:

North Carolina over USC

Indiana over UK

ND over SF Austin

Xavier over Wisconsin

Sweet 16:

North Carolina over Indiana

Xavier over ND

Elite 8:

North Carolina over Xavier

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Midwest Region:

1st rd:

UVa over Hampton

Butler over Tx Tech

Purdue over ALR

Iona over Iowa State

Gonzaga over Seton Hall

Utah over Fresno St

Dayton over SU

Mich State over Mid Ten

2nd rd:

UVa over Butler

Purdue over Iona

Utah over Gonzaga

MSU over Dayton

Sweet 16:

UVa over Purdue

MSU over Utah

Elie 8:

Michigan State over Virginia

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West:

1st rd:

Oregon over play in winner

Cincy over St. Joe's

Baylor over Yale

UNCW over duke

Texas over No. Iowa

UWGB over Tex A&M

VCU over Oregon State

OU over Cal St Bakersfield

2nd rd:

Oregon over Cincy

Baylor over UNCW

Texas over GB

OU over VCU

Sweet 16:

Baylor over Oregon

OU over Texas

Elite 8:

Oklahoma over Baylor

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

South Region:

1st rd:

Kansas over Auston peay

UConn over Colorado

MD over SD State

Cal over Hawaii

Arizona over play in winner

Miami over Buffalo

Temple over Iowa

Villanova over UNC Asheville

2nd rd:

UConn over Kansas

Cal over MD

AZ over Miami

'Nova over Temple

Sweet 16:

Cal over UConn

'Nova over AZ

Elite 8:

Villanova over Cal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Four

North Carolina over Michigan State

Oklahoma over Villanova

National Championship

North Carolina over Oklahoma

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These next 2 days are the best 2 days of the year in sports.  nothing like the 1st round of the NCAA Tourney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 mins left in the game and UNCW called for 22 fouls already, duke only 10.  so many ridiculous touch fouls while duke is hammering UNCW and apparently not fouling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...