2015-16 NCAA Basketball

nyjunc

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It's a shame. Maybe if you had gone to UConn, you'd be better set in life. Also, you'd know what it feels like to be a part of a true winning program, and dominate college basketball both on the mens side and womens side. 

Sucks that you had to resort to blindly picking the school where the GOAT went, and are stuck with them even though you didn't even attend. 

why would I want to go to the 13th grade?

uconn has never dominated college basketball and they are irrelevant now but you have a great womens program!

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

not all of us could get into uconn community college

Wait, blindly loving Brady. Blindly loving the school of MJ. I'm sensing a theme with you. Do you just blindly associate yourself with winners even though you have no real reason to, simply because you think that if you support winners, you'll become a winner in real life too? 

Sorry bud, that's not how it works. Turning a blind eye to all of the cheating and scum associated with your brady* and tarheels doesn't just make you a winner by association. 

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Wait, blindly loving Brady. Blindly loving the school of MJ. I'm sensing a theme with you. Do you just blindly associate yourself with winners even though you have no real reason to, simply because you think that if you support winners, you'll become a winner in real life too? 

Sorry bud, that's not how it works. Turning a blind eye to all of the cheating and scum associated with your brady* and tarheels doesn't just make you a winner by association. 

I hate the Pats but I can appreciate greatness, maybe some day when you become an adult you will be able to as well?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

why would I want to go to the 13th grade?

Dude, I went to UConn and am damn proud of it. Unlike you, I don't tie my reputation and status in life to my school. I don't care if UConn isn't a top ranked university. I went there to party my ass off and have a great time cheering on the best basketball program in the nation. I didn't go there to make something of myself. I could do that on my own. I'm 29 and have worked at the finest financial institution in the world and am currently at a hedge fund...all on a UConn degree. Proof positive that your school doesn't mean sh*t if you've got the chops yourself.

Meanwhile, you couldn't even get into community school, and spend your life on JN defending Brady against jets fans, and posting about UNC on a jets message board. 

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

uconn has never dominated college basketball and they are irrelevant now but you have a great womens program!

LOL. 

My alma mater UConn: 4-0 in natn'l champs in the most recent and relevant 20 years.

not your alma mater UNC: 2-1 in natn'l champs in the most recent and relevant 20 years.

UConn has won more national championships than UNC has played in over the past two decades.

Also, tune in tonight to see the greatest college basketball program in the country. 

If all of that makes UConn irrelevant, then what the **** does that make the sh*tty, cheating UNC program? 

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

yes, that is what I admitted.  You are as smart as you are knowledgebale about sports,

As I said last night. NYJUNK is here to celebrate another tourney failure just because his team made the final four again, and to belittle anyone and everyone else.

Meanwhile, he didn't even attend the school he's defending on an NFL messageboard. 

6 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Dude, I went to UConn and am damn proud of it. Unlike you, I don't tie my reputation and status in life to my school. I don't care if UConn isn't a top ranked university. I went there to party my ass off and have a great time cheering on the best basketball program in the nation. I didn't go there to make something of myself. I could do that on my own. I'm 29 and have worked at the finest financial institution in the world and am currently at a hedge fund...all on a UConn degree. Proof positive that your school doesn't mean sh*t if you've got the chops yourself.

Meanwhile, you couldn't even get into community school, and spend your life on JN defending Brady against jets fans, and posting about UNC on a jets message board. 

yes you do tie your status in life to that school.  you are a clown.

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

As I said last night. NYJUNK is here to celebrate another tourney failure just because his team made the final four again, and to belittle anyone and everyone else.

Meanwhile, he didn't even attend the school he's defending on an NFL messageboard. 

did you play or work for the Jets? how can you root for them?

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

LOL. 

My alma mater UConn: 4-0 in natn'l champs in the most recent and relevant 20 years.

not your alma mater UNC: 2-1 in natn'l champs in the most recent and relevant 20 years.

UConn has won more national championships than UNC has played in over the past two decades.

Also, tune in tonight to see the greatest college basketball program in the country. 

If all of that makes UConn irrelevant, then what the **** does that make the sh*tty, cheating UNC program? 

no one cares about womens basketball and UConn men's basketball is irrelevant.  wouldn't have made the tourney if not for winning that weak conf tourney.

Just now, nyjunc said:

did you play or work for the Jets? how can you root for them?

It's a professional sports team. It's different from a college allegiance. You wouldn't understand- what with not even being able to make it into a community school, and never being able to truly understand the joy associated with your own school winning. sh*t, you barely even get to experience it as a unc bandwagoner.image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

no one cares about womens basketball and UConn men's basketball is irrelevant.  wouldn't have made the tourney if not for winning that weak conf tourney.

UConn men's teams have won more national championships than UNC has played in over the past two decades.

if Uconn is irrelevant, what does that make unc?

UConn has 5 FF apps in their history, they are already forgotten.

college sports are big time sports, you didn't follow college sports until you went to UConn?  that's nonsense.  It's silly to think people cannot be fans of a school w/o having attended, as stupid as saying you can't root for the jets b/c you never worked for them.

You have no idea what my connection is to Carolina and it doesn't matter. You just like to take shots b/c I humiliate all your weak arguments on this board.

Just now, nyjunc said:

college sports are big time sports, you didn't follow college sports until you went to UConn?  that's nonsense.  It's silly to think people cannot be fans of a school w/o having attended, as stupid as saying you can't root for the jets b/c you never worked for them.

You have no idea what my connection is to Carolina and it doesn't matter. You just like to take shots b/c I humiliate all your weak arguments on this board.

You should love UConn. Without them, Duke would have another 2 to 3 titles, which would truly make unc even more irrelevant than they've already become. Even their cheating couldn't help them.

You should love UConn. Without them, Duke would have another 2 to 3 titles, which would truly make unc even more irrelevant than they've already become. Even their cheating couldn't help them.

I actually do like UConn for that and respect the program.  I am having fun with the back and forth.  I have said that numerous times.  UConn always beats duke and Carolina always beats UConn so I love UConn.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

LOL there you go again counting final four appearances since that's all you have going for you. Sorry UConn fans and alum of the past twenty years are too busy counting championships. 

LOL there you go again counting final four appearances since that's all you have going for you. Sorry UConn fans and alum of the past twenty years are too busy counting championships. 

you can't win a championship w/o making final fours.  Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way in the FF but you need to get there to win it all so Carolina has a million more FFs and more championships.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I actually do like UConn for that and respect the program.  I am having fun with the back and forth.  I have said that numerous times.  UConn always beats duke and Carolina always beats UConn so I love UConn.

LOL. unc always beats uconn.....cute. yea, you can have your regular season victories and your final four appearances. I'll be over here counting natn'l championships. 

LOL. unc always beats uconn.....cute. yea, you can have your regular season victories and your final four appearances. I'll be over here counting natn'l championships. 

they are undefeated in the tourney against them too.  Too bad UConn chickened out of the series though.  it was a good one.

23 hours ago, nyjunc said:

when did Jensen become their best player? what does that have to do w/ anything?  they should have had multiple players in foul trouble the way they mugged.

Lol Jenkins and Bridges both had 4 fouls for about the last 8 minutes.  Keep crying.

Let's Go Cats.

The Tourney was great outside the Final 4 games, one of the best in recent memory.  the ending was spectacular last night but if the game is officiated the same for both teams those shots aren't needed and Carolina wins by double digits.  Such a sham to steal a title from the more deserving team.

LOL

great ending but the game itself was marred by atrocious officiating in favor of Villanova.

Look at this critical call w/ 30 secs left and the shot clock winding down w/ 'Nova up 1 and this was one of a million last night that went "Nova's way.

Allan Ray says GFY.

first off Carolina was called for more fouls and shot less FTs but it wasn't about the FTs.  It was about extra possessions for Nova and taking away possessions for Carolina.

One sequence Meeks gets called for a foul on a play that was clearly a jump ball, moments later when carolina has the ball same exact thing happens and this time they call a jump ball.

it was all night long, 'Nova could play as physical as they wanted but Carolina got nothing but touch fouls.  Not to mention the numerous moving screens(but of course they called Carolina for one), travels, push offs(but of course they called Carolina for one).

game officiated fairly and Carolina wins by 10.

LOL

7 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Lol Jenkins and Bridges both had 4 fouls for about the last 8 minutes.  Keep crying.

Let's Go Cats.

congrats, they won.  you should enjoy it but that game isn't close if they officiate it the same way for both teams.  It was a travesty.  it's not about sheer # of fouls or fouls shots it was about 'Nova mugging Carolina all night and never getting called and them calling touchfouls on Carolina all night, missing travels.  2 straight what should have been jump ball situations, when our guy ties you up it's a foul, when your guy ties up carolina it's a jump ball.  it happened from start to finish, first possession jackson gets knocked down no call then 2 mins later 2 straight touch fouls.  at one point they called 8 straight touch fouls on Carolina then Jackson at the end of the half gets knocked into the first row and no call.  4 point swing to end the half.  30 secs to go your guy travels and they call a foul so instead of UNC down 1 w/ the ball they are down 3.

You won, enjoy it but it's ok to understand how you got away w/ one.  you take championships any way yo can get them  in this case they handed it to you on a silver platter and stole it from Carolina.

Just now, nyjunc said:

congrats, they won.  you should enjoy it but that game isn't close if they officiate it the same way for both teams.  It was a travesty.  it's not about sheer # of fouls or fouls shots it was about 'Nova mugging Carolina all night and never getting called and them calling touchfouls on Carolina all night, missing travels.  2 straight what should have been jump ball situations, when our guy ties you up it's a foul, when your guy ties up carolina it's a jump ball.  it happened from start to finish, first possession jackson gets knocked down no call then 2 mins later 2 straight touch fouls.  at one point they called 8 straight touch fouls on Carolina then Jackson at the end of the half gets knocked into the first row and no call.  4 point swing to end the half.  30 secs to go your guy travels and they call a foul so instead of UNC down 1 w/ the ball they are down 3.

You won, enjoy it but it's ok to understand how you got away w/ one.  you take championships any way yo can get them  in this case they handed it to you on a silver platter and stole it from Carolina.

I stopped reading after "but".  I was at the Final Four this weekend and every UNC fan I met was gracious and a good sport and knew they lost a classic.  You (a non-alum, apparently) are just a little baby.  Carry on.

Archived