Cimini Article on Lack of Sacks Allowed by O-line

AFJF

First off, who cares about Vick?  He's gone.

Secondly, Vick doing a worse job than Geno of getting rid of the ball doesn't make Geno good at getting rid of the ball.

OMG. because he had worse sack totals than Geno, had a inordinate number of sacks and your whole argument is it was on Vick.

its a bigger picture than this simplistic picture you're trying to paint

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG. because he had worse sack totals than Geno, had a inordinate number of sacks and you whole argument is it was on Vick.

its a bigger picture than this simplistic picture you're trying to paint

My argument is that Geno was on a 34+ sack pace last season and likely more if he hadn't been pulled from the Buffalo game and told not to throw the ball in the Miami game.

Fitz will probably be sacked 15-18 times this season...but him getting rid of the ball quickly and reading defenses has nothing to do with it...it's all Brandon Marshall.

Willie Colon and Chan Gailey have no idea what they're talking about.

My argument is that Geno was on a 34+ sack pace last season and likely more if he hadn't been pulled from the Buffalo game and told not to throw the ball in the Miami game.

Fitz will probably be sacked 15-18 times this season...but him getting rid of the ball quickly and reading defenses has nothing to do with it...it's all Brandon Marshall.

please find a post where I said it was all Marshall. 

Its a number of things.  From playing with a lead, having more options on O, a different OC and schemes, two different starters on the OL and Fitz.

its more than just blaming one QB and goring the other things that are different his year up to now

I disagree 100%.  The Jets would have won a few more games but they wouldn't have been a juggernaut.  To each his own, I suppose.

I was being sarcastic.  I know Geno has not been good his first 2 years but people act like we made one change and it was at QB.  we have made a million changes and i's unfair to compare what geno did in a different O w/ different coaches and players to what Fitz is doing now.

Marshall has definitely been a big help but this o is designed to get rid of it quickly and Fitz is making quick decisions and getting rid of the ball.  he has also saved many sacks w/ his elusiveness.

Its a number of things.  From playing with a lead, having more options on O, a different OC and schemes, two different starters on the OL and Fitz.

its more than just blaming one QB and goring the other.  

Why did Willie Colon and Chan Gailey say what they said about Fitz knowing where he wants to go with the ball and getting it out quickly?  Odd.

Marshall has definitely been a big help but this o is designed to get rid of it quickly and Fitz is making quick decisions and getting rid of the ball.  he has also saved many sacks w/ his elusiveness.

Yes, he has probably scrambled away from 3-4 sacks and he did not turn and run in the opposite direction.  Another welcome change.

right, my point was your 40+ is wrong.  I estimated 32 off of 2 per..  It's not 40+.  

I said 35-40 based on the fact that he  projected to 34+ and was pulled early from one game in which he threw 8 passes, and had another game in which they did everything they could to not let Geno lose the game and he threw 12 passes.  It was one too many as the final attempt was intercepted to seal the loss, and another game where he came on in relief.

The addition of Carpenter by the way was huge. Brick and Mangold's "decline" were because they were babysitting a player that was at best a depth name. Idzik drafted guys and gave them starting spots based on what he hoped they would become. Mac brought in an actual starter. 

The addition of Carpenter by the way was huge. Brick and Mangold's "decline" were because they were babysitting a player that was at best a depth name. Idzik drafted guys and gave them starting spots based on what he hoped they would become. Mac brought in an actual starter. 

Bit, side topic..

2 ?'s

1- Your top 3 Vet FA QB's for 2016 (taking into account Chans system)

and

2- Young College QBs w/starter potential in 2016 draft rounds 4 thru 7 that fit Chans system? Thanks.........

Bit, side topic..

2 ?'s

1- Your top 3 Vet FA QB's for 2016 (taking into account Chans system)

and

2- Young College QBs w/starter potential in 2016 draft rounds 4 thru 7 that fit Chans system? Thanks.........

The best vet QB (that will realistically be available) for Chan Gailey's system is already here. 

If I could identify starters in the late rounds I wouldn't be posting on Internet boards. I tend to believe those players don't exist, and if they do it's a fluke. Like Brady. 

The best vet QB (that will realistically be available) for Chan Gailey's system is already here. 

If I could identify starters in the late rounds I wouldn't be posting on Internet boards. I tend to believe those players don't exist, and if they do it's a fluke. Like Brady. 

well that was helpful, LOL,,never mind, I thought you did a Draft Guide, my bad. :)

carpenter is a beast, seattle is missing him bigtime, very good road grader

To further your point, look at the Patriots OL. Nate Solder out for the year. Ryan Wendell hasn't played. Stork is on the IR-DFR with a nasty concussion. They are starting 2 rookies, Tre Jackson and undrafted David Andrews at center. That line sucks from ship to stern.

And yet Tom Brady is hugely productive. 

It's the QB getting rid of the ball that helps the OL. Geno was a disgrace last year, sitting back there forever, burping the baby. 

Just about every part of Geno's game is a disgrace but you know he's got a good arm :rolleyes:

its more than just blaming one QB and goring the other things that are different his year up to now

Just so you know Fitz career sack numbers are much better than 2 sacks per game. SO Fitz has always gotten rid of the ball quickly.

I expect Fitz to get better as the year progresses because now he has the best possession receivers he's ever had in his career which works nicely with his style. You know the same style most of the better QB's in the NFL now use . Getting rid of the ball quickly is what its all about these days.

Making stupid statements trying to be funny really does not help support any of you're arguments.

They have a collection of talking points, very few if any of which really stands up to scrutiny but it does not stop them from continually repeating those points even with sand in their vaginas (vaginae?)

O-line has played better (check) - Because of crisper QB play

Chris Ivory has been more effective so far (check) - Because of crisper O-Line play (see above)

Stats prove that we have gone from worst to first in terms of how long the QB holds on to the ball.  Worst to first.  Case closed. 

They have a collection of talking points, very few if any of which really stands up to scrutiny but it does not stop them from continually repeating those points even with sand in their vaginas (vaginae?)

O-line has played better (check) - Because of crsiper QB play

Ivory has been more effective so far (check) - Because of crisper O-Line play

Stats prove that we have gone from worst to first in terms of how long the QB holds on to the ball.  Worst to first.  Case closed. 

Not to mention 11 TD's out of 15 trips to the red zone. Wonder how the hell that happened ?

When you can only throw the ball 10 feet you better get rid of it quickly

If you cannot hit the side of a barn from 10 feet away anyway then why do you need to hold onto the ball for longer than every other QB in the NFL in the first place?

well that was helpful, LOL,,never mind, I thought you did a Draft Guide, my bad. :)

The website is a links aggregator sort of like Drudge Report but for the draft. I do not publish a guide, or scouting reports. just links and lists. Towards the draft there are mocks.  

I want to answer these questions the most honest way I know how. I can't even remember the last late round QB starter in the league. maybe Tyrod Taylor rd 6 in 2011. but not sure he's anyone's ideal for the position.  The way the draft works, even the most long longshot QB get drafted high. Tebow was a first round pick. 

Archived