How about the safeties

Maxman

Gilchrist was strong today and Pryor is quietly having a nice season. Pryor has become more than a one trick pony. He always frustrated me by seeming to only be worried about big hits. This year he is more well rounded and actually is a decent tackler.

Several nice plays by both of the safeties today. Really good to see.

The. Entire NY Jets secondary is play like Pro Bowlers. Gilchrist has been coming on strong over the past 4 games. Pryor has been having a very good season and is even covering people very well.

Gronk will be a huge test.

I'd just put revis on gronk and forget about it

Our secondary gets ignored because of how good our d-line plays.  It's crazy considering our secondary includes Darrell Revis.  

The defense is scary good.  

I don't think they are getting ignored, they are getting plenty of work grabbing INT's and picking up fumbles :)

I watched most of the game again this morning, both safeties played very well.  from PFF in the "best of the week" department

Safeties: Earl Thomas, Seahawks (+4.6) and Marcus Gilchrist, Jets (+4.0)

Our safety combo combined for two interceptions and three pass breakups to make this team. Thomas, in particular, was fantastic, giving a glimpse into why he is regarded so highly.

Both have definitely been great to see and definitely holding up their end, especially considering both were pretty lowly regarded coming in.  While Gilchrist was seen as an upgrade for the Jets, he still was probably considered one of the more questionable of the Jets FA signings, especially before people knew the structure of his contract.  At this point I think he goes along with Skrine as the most underrated of this year's pickups.

Pryor on the other hand just looks like a completely different player out there, which is awesome to say.  It has to be a combination of so many different factors all at the same time.  It obviously helps to have a year experience, not to mention a hell of a lot more talent around him, which decreases the pressure on him.  And while it's impossible to know how things would look for him if those situations occurred but Rex was still around, there certainly does seem to be the impression that he's much more comfortable in his current situation, which you'd have to imagine there is credit for that belonging to the scheme and coaches.

Either way it's nice to see, and clearly at least one factor in the Jets much greater ability to create turnovers.  I'm sure all the DBs feel a lot more comfortable in taking some risks, knowing the support they have around them.

Archived