Is Today's NFL All About The QB?

TuscanyTile2

Jets lost that game in the final 10 minutes & Fitzy would have been the hero if that azzhole referee called a blatant pass interference on Cumberland (I have no idea what the ref was looking at? On replay the defender clearly pulls his arm down so he can't catch the ball way before the ball arrives & Fouts is extolling it as a great play). He hit Marshall right on his hands for a TD & he flat out dropped it (your big players have to make clutch plays at the end of the game, Amendola made a much harder catch on the go ahead TD. Fitz played good enough to win with a below average Ivory & run game.

Fitz came through in the final 10 but no one else did. Jets didn't close & they lost. Like Dennis Green once said, "we had em & we let em off the hook". Fitz didn't give up the 3rd & 17.

this

On the Cumberland play the defender grabbed his arm without even looking back for the football right in front of the ref no way he catches that ball. The officiating in this game was a disgrace.

He did but cumby is never aggressive I hate that . If it isn't a perfect catch situation he never catches it .

He did but cumby is never aggressive I hate that . If it isn't a perfect catch situation he never catches it .

He needed to go crazy & plead his case on that hold! He's so passive that guy! If that was Edelman getting held or OBJ they would have instantly put into the mind of the ref that what they saw was a hold. I f*cking hate Cumberland with a passion! he's been a waste of space on this team for years & Gailey already figured that out except Enunwa got suspended.

Funny how the NFL waited for our biggest rival to suspend him. Not that he's a difference maker but we're an all hands on deck offense. 

If it's a QB league ... how come many of the teams with top QB's are struggling?

New Orleans, San Diego, Baltimore, Gints, Seattle, Indy ... all have QB's that the Jets would take in a heartbeat.

Not saying QB isn't important, but it's not the be all and end all. You need a complete team, or as near to complete as you can get.

Nope. Teams win without truly elite quarterbacks all the time. Flacco, Wilson, Eli, etc. Teams win by playing complete football.

Would the Patriots have won the Superbowl last season if they didn't have Revis?

This.  The world "elite" is thrown around way too easily these days.  Elite is Brady, Manning, Rodgers.  Brees is on the outskirts of elite.  Flacco, Wilson, Eli, etc are all good QB's, but nowhere near elite.  The truly elite QB's obviously will have the best chances year in and year out, but they can be beat by teams that play very good defense and have a respectable QB. 

If it's a QB league ... how come many of the teams with top QB's are struggling?

New Orleans, San Diego, Baltimore, Gints, Seattle, Indy ... all have QB's that the Jets would take in a heartbeat.

Not saying QB isn't important, but it's not the be all and end all. You need a complete team, or as near to complete as you can get.

None of those QB's are elite.  They're all very good, but none are elite.  Right now Brady and Rodgers are elite.  Manning has clearly dropped out of the elite status.  Brees has as well, although my personal opinion is with the exception of a couple seasons Brees has always been just a slight level outside of the truly elite QB's.  Elite guys are the ones who prove it year in and year out, and prove it when losing key cogs to their offense.  Brady is playing with a group of High School kids on offense and he's killing people.  Rodgers seems to lose a stud WR every year and he never skips a beat.  Everyone you've mentioned is a decent to goo QB, but not close to elite. 

we could win with a cutler or even a kapernick. meanwhile tannehill was 18/19 passing with 282 yards and 4 TD's today, and people are saying fitzpatrick with his 56% completion percentage and fumbling played a good game LOL

Tannehill had been terrible all season.  Cutler and Kaep have been too.  Yet you choose to look at one game against a terrible Texans D.  If you haven't noticed, Houston's D is a mess.

Also, all 3 of those QB's make about $17M a season.  Sh*tty QB coming with a ludicrous pricetag?  No thanks.

None of those QB's are elite.  They're all very good, but none are elite.  Right now Brady and Rodgers are elite.  Manning has clearly dropped out of the elite status.  Brees has as well, although my personal opinion is with the exception of a couple seasons Brees has always been just a slight level outside of the truly elite QB's.  Elite guys are the ones who prove it year in and year out, and prove it when losing key cogs to their offense.  Brady is playing with a group of High School kids on offense and he's killing people.  Rodgers seems to lose a stud WR every year and he never skips a beat.  Everyone you've mentioned is a decent to goo QB, but not close to elite. 

Bradys playing with a group of High School kids? Whut? He's got maybe the greatest TE to ever play the game in Gronk, a shifty super quick slot guy in Edeleman, Amandola who when healthy like he is this year is a very good receiver. Your crazy!

Bradys playing with a group of High School kids? Whut? He's got maybe the greatest TE to ever play the game in Gronk, a shifty super quick slot guy in Edeleman, Amandola who when healthy like he is this year is a very good receiver. Your crazy!

OK I'm sorry, Gronk is a monster.  As for Edelman and Amendola we can agree to disagree.  Those dudes are scrubs with just about any other team. 

yes ... it's unfortunate that the greatest team game ha been turned into a sad reflection of the NBA. Those that have a stellar QB have a huge leg up in the competition now ... whereas in the past a stellar Defense or running game leveled the playing field much more ... the game is becoming boring and predictable

I want to know how. a rookie offensive line managed our Defensive line of all stars. I mean that was the saddest thing I took away from the Pats game.

Not an absolute necessity but you gotta be darn close to perfect in most other facets if you have a below avg. QB. Now I would go far to say it's impossible if your QB is in lower quartile. The worst QB you can likely win it all with is a "game manager." Anything worse and it might not matter how good the rest of the team is.

Archived