Time for Fitzpatrick to Step up Against Rex

JetNation

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you afraid of?  That I'm gonna find out what degree you earned?  OH MAN SCARY.  Here, I'll go first then.  I graduated from UNCW in 2008 with degrees in Psychology and Communication Studies, I was a major dork who participated in Student Government, I still live in Wilmington and have a side job doing Public Address for several UNCW sports teams.  I'm a proud alum, and particularly like that all my classes were taught by professors, not TA's.  I have no regrets whatsoever....except for the part about taking on out-of-state student loans.  Your turn.

Yep.  100 %.  And this guy has the gall to not only write 27 of the 29 posts in the College Basketball thread talking about how good the Tarheels are, he also rips on people who actually went to the school they support.  A school is more than just a basketball team.  It's home for 2-3 years and part of your identity.  You don't get to brag about a school you never attended.

:)

:)

Damn you.  lol.

A few years back during the tourney they ran an ad that featured this shot.  Meaning any NCAA Tournament game I watched had that commercial at least 3 times.  It was torture.  And I wasn't even a student yet when this happened!  I knew I was eventually going to be headed there back in 2002 and had received my acceptance letter in 2003, with my freshman year starting in '04.  I and was watching the end of this one in New Jersey with my Dad.  Still painful.

At least we'll always have this!  Ancient history by now (and man were those uniforms ugly!) but it still gives me chills:

a little note on the article.

this game Sanchez got HURT in and didn't finish. Mark played only into the first drive of the 2nd half and remember this was the game where this happened:

93830844_crop_150x100.jpg?1281473702 

this would have been a LONG TD and the #s much better.  Let's try to be fair and those Ds were more responsible for losses than the QB, how many late game leads did they blow those years?

also, Glenn took the time to bash Sanchez for a game he barely played but didn't mention him in the 28-24 win where Fitz played his best against us where Mark had 4 TDs including a late game TD to win the game for us.

do youever get tired of the taste of marks balls?? PatsfanTX used to find any reason possible to turn a discussion into a Pennington bashing. You find any reason possible to turn a discussion into a sanchez tongue bath

Did I just read a poster attacking another for infatuation right after posting that Mark Buttfumble was only directly responsible for a "few losses" during his four seasons as a turnover machine for the Jets???

Yes, he believes Mark Sanchez was a top-10 QB before moving on to back up Nick Foles and Sam Bradford.

Yes, he believes Mark Sanchez was a top-10 QB before moving on to back up Nick Foles and Sam Bradford.

When the guy got his chance to play meaningful games and still couldn't beat out the QB who had 2 ACL surgeries OR the guy who was traded to get him, you know you've lost the war.  But it's more fun to live in a fantasy alternate universe where Sanchez is actually good, I guess.  Similar universe where Santa and the Easter Bunny are real.

do youever get tired of the taste of marks balls?? PatsfanTX used to find any reason possible to turn a discussion into a Pennington bashing. You find any reason possible to turn a discussion into a sanchez tongue bath

I deal in reality, the article was incorrect and I posted the correct info.  I'd prefer not to talk about mark but I like correct info.

When the guy got his chance to play meaningful games and still couldn't beat out the QB who had 2 ACL surgeries OR the guy who was traded to get him, you know you've lost the war.  But it's more fun to live in a fantasy alternate universe where Sanchez is actually good, I guess.  Similar universe where Santa and the Easter Bunny are real.

I assume they live on the UNCW campus?

for a season(2010), not overall.  all you had to do was write factual information in your article and I wouldn't have had to correct you. 

The numbers he posted were factual...he was atrocious...as usual.

People aren't talking about it, but the rains impact on Taylor running vs Fitz throwing is likely the difference in the game.  Yes, penalties and turnovers will be a big factor, but if Taylor Runs or Fitz remains consistent throwing despite the rain...we should be fine.

rex will over play the run and trust his DBs on an island.  I have zero hope of Ivory going off, especially in this bad weather game.  Our offense will be based in what decker and Marshall can do vs man to man in bad weather.

bills will run, run, and run some more with play action and bootlegs...

The numbers he posted were factual...he was atrocious...as usual.

when people don't watch the games(or remember them) this is what happens.  Again, he barely played ote 3rd and he had a deep ball that would have been a LONG Td that bounced off the facemask of Braylon- terrible drop.  if Braylon makes that easy catch then his #s are good and you can't bash.

It's a shame Jet fans cannot be fair to a guy that helped us reach 2 title games.

People aren't talking about it, but the rains impact on Taylor running vs Fitz throwing is likely the difference in the game.  Yes, penalties and turnovers will be a big factor, but if Taylor Runs or Fitz remains consistent throwing despite the rain...we should be fine.

rex will over play the run and trust his DBs on an island.  I have zero hope of Ivory going off, especially in this bad weather game.  Our offense will be based in what decker and Marshall can do vs man to man in bad weather.

I think the rain is supposed to be over by kickoff.

Rain is supposed to stop by about 4 PM, fortunately.

when people don't watch the games(or remember them) this is what happens.  Again, he barely played ote 3rd and he had a deep ball that would have been a LONG Td that bounced off the facemask of Braylon- terrible drop.  if Braylon makes that easy catch then his #s are good and you can't bash.

It's a shame Jet fans cannot be fair to a guy that helped us reach 2 title games.

Don't worry...he's definitely a top-10 back up, I'll give him that.

Its a shame you can't convince people with eyes that your beloved Mark is a top ten QB of all time..

Jose Feliciano, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller if they are posters or lurkers here believe your oft repeated compendium of skewed stats though

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Its a shame you can't convince people with eyes that your beloved Mark is a top ten QB of all time..

Jose Feliciano, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller if they are posters or lurkers here believe your oft repeated compendium of skewed stats though

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.

That was back in the day when 95% of all Jets fans honestly thought PennyBoyWonder was actually better than Brady.

I had to set the record straight.

Remember the 2009 Bills game when we had over 300 yds rushing and lost 16-13 in OT..:(

Sanchez was 10-30 for less than 125 yards and 6 INTs.

Sat in that stadium trying to remember when I ever saw a QB, anywhere play or look worse.

That was back in the day when 95% of all Jets fans honestly thought PennyBoyWonder was actually better than Brady.

I had to set the record straight.

I think Pac, Smasmouth and LetsGoJets still believe that

Sat in that stadium trying to remember when I ever saw a QB, anywhere play or look worse.

Don't slander Sanchez now...he threw a mere 5 interceptions that day.

Stop picking on Mark

Just look how he stepped in on Sunday and saved the Eagle's bacon in the fourth quarter driving them down the field to the RZ for the game winning FG...

Until he Sanchezed the game away with an unnecessary and incredibly badly thrown pick in the endzone

he was awful that day, one of the very few games he was the main culprit though every Jet fan acts like every win was in spite of him and every loss b/c of him.

Stop picking on Mark

Just look how he stepped in on Sunday and saved the Eagle's bacon in the fourth quarter driving them down the field to the RZ for the game winning FG...

Until he Sanchezed the game away with an unnecessary and incredibly badly thrown pick in the endzone

Hate for my first post to be about a player who isn't on the team anymore but yeah...who didn't see that pick coming? His weaponry and o-line isn't as good as it was last year. Real chance for his interceptions (81) to once again surge ahead of his TDs (82) if he sees enough time. 

he was awful that day, one of the very few games he was the main culprit though every Jet fan acts like every win was in spite of him and every loss b/c of him.

Yeah, one of the very few days we walked out of the stadium cursing his very existence. ^_^

Hate for my first post to be about a player who isn't on the team anymore but yeah...who didn't see that pick coming? His weaponry and o-line isn't as good as it was last year. Real chance for his interceptions (81) to once again surge ahead of his TDs (82) if he sees enough time. 

They described him pretty well on Philly sports radio this morning.  He's the ultimate tease.  He does enough to make you think he's finally going to "get it" and then he throws an INT like the one the other day, or the one he threw against the Redskins last season when the Eagles had to have the win to get in the playoffs or keep their chances alive (I forget).  He threw for like 340+ so it looked good, but in the end, he threw an INT with the game on the line.

Can't think of a more idiotic move by an NFL head coach than to sign a player with several years of NFL experience but not bother to watch any film on him.  I'd expect that from Rex, but the genius that is Chip Kelly.  

They described him pretty well on Philly sports radio this morning.  He's the ultimate tease.  He does enough to make you think he's finally going to "get it" and then he throws an INT like the one the other day, or the one he threw against the Redskins last season when the Eagles had to have the win to get in the playoffs or keep their chances alive (I forget).  He threw for like 340+ so it looked good, but in the end, he threw an INT with the game on the line.

Can't think of a more idiotic move by an NFL head coach than to sign a player with several years of NFL experience but not bother to watch any film on him.  I'd expect that from Rex, but the genius that is Chip Kelly.  

he made that O much better last year, the skins game the K missed 2 chip shots and why did the D have to allow a score after the INT? why couldn't they step up?  the other day he threw a bad INT but the O instantly looked much better than w/ Bradford and in chip shot range why are they still passing? Miles Austin cost Philly that game.

mark has proven he can win big in this league but he's not a guy taking average talent to the next level- there's only 1 guy that can do that.

Archived