Don't Ever Run Out Another KickOff

chirorob

The cycle of the NFL, it's not important until someone comes up with a return guy that changes games and when I say return guy I mean kick offs and punts.  There are other Devin Hesters out there you just have to look for them.

I don't think that guy is coming.  The NFL changed the rule specifically to prevent it.  It doesn't matter how revolutionary your kick returner is.  If he is catching the ball five yards deep with the defense already on the 10, he is not going anywhere.  Period.

Actually, last year I was very much in favor of signing Hester or Ginn to return and be a #3 WR.  Of course for 2014 that would have probably meant that Rex would have converted them to CB. 

Smith should've never ran that out, he is a freaking idiot, another freaking bust. 

I agree with the first part of your comment, but calling him a bust as a WR because he made a mental error the first time he ever did a kickoff return, well, that's pretty ridiculous, even by the crazy standards that people on this board set all the time.

Please do not misread this because I'm not declaring Smith a bust.  However the shear number of 2nd round pick that fail to deliver for this team is mind numbing.  Including our last 3 GM's, not one 2nd rounder has performed to his draft spot.  Just bad mojo I guess.  :(  

David Harris was the last I can remember.  Not counting out Amaro yet. 

one not so good game and he is garbage...isn't he leading our teams in Interceptions right now? its his second year playing, last year he was an undrafted free agent who didn't even get on an nfl roster until the last couple of games. ridiculous how people flip flop their ideas of how a player plays based off of one bad game they have and that one bad game wipes out all of the positive things they have done in all of their previous games.

This is the first game where he got a ton of snaps. So thats what I go off of. I don't care if he was drafted or not. I don't care if it is his second season. As a starter, I think he is garbage. I never praised him anything, so I didn't flip flop at all. He is scared of contact and he blew coverage on more than one play. He isn't a starting corner opposite Revis, imo.

This is the first game where he got a ton of snaps. So thats what I go off of. I don't care if he was drafted or not. I don't care if it is his second season. As a starter, I think he is garbage. I never praised him anything, so I didn't flip flop at all. He is scared of contact and he blew coverage on more than one play. He isn't a starting corner opposite Revis, imo.

Nor was he meant to be this season, he was supposed to be a developmental depth player who could sit behind what was meant to be a very talented secondary where he would learn to play and hopefully develop into a good corner for us in the future. Thinking that a second year undrafted kid who is playing his very first full game listed as a starter is going to perform at an all pro level is absurd.

Nor was he meant to be this season, he was supposed to be a developmental depth player who could sit behind what was meant to be a very talented secondary where he would learn to play and hopefully develop into a good corner for us in the future. Thinking that a second year undrafted kid who is playing his very first full game listed as a starter is going to perform at an all pro level is absurd.

Where did I say he should play at an all pro level? He isn't starting material. Not yet. As of right now, what I saw, he isn't very good.

Archived