Rex has a little Bellichick in him after all

nycdan

J.J. Watt: Rex Ryan had a plan to draft me that involved a fake disease

We got a really nice consolation prize in Wilk, but Oh Rex, you dog!

Well if Rex really would have know WTF he was doing he would have traded up to get Watt if he believed he was that good of a player, they made no hesitations on trading up for Sanchez, Greene, D Davis to name a few because they so badly wanted them I mean WTF if he is that kind of prospect pull the ******* trigger.  Should have given them our 2012 1st 2011 1st for there 2011 1st, it would be Wilk, and Coples for Watt, where the first where the **** do I sign.

Yes I'm kidding sort of.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No story, Rex has literally told every single draft guy he has talked to that he loves them and is going to draft them.  He's already making them hofers before they are drafted by anyone.  Unfortunately at times he gets his way (Taj freaking boyd)

The Pegulas are very slow to fire anyone.  I think it's pretty safe to say that Rex will still be here next year.  Fans on another blog claim that the Bills are on the hook for a 5 year contract with Rex.   I  can't believe that we would have to pay for 4 more years if he was fired after this season but I don't know his contract.  I know that Schwartz and Ryan would probably lock horns but the fans really like Schwartz.  His name comes up all the time. Rex has to realize that our defense plays a better 3-4.  Like I mentioned earlier,  we will probably finish with a 9-7 or 10-6 if we are lucky and I mean real lucky.  I do know that the fans will not be happy with a 9-7 finish.  We feel the talent on our team can do better.

Head coach contracts are generally fully guaranteed. Your friends on the other blog are probably right. I wouldn't expect them to fire Rex after one season, but if they did, they'd almost certainly owe him $20+M. 

Head coach contracts are generally fully guaranteed. Your friends on the other blog are probably right. I wouldn't expect them to fire Rex after one season, but if they did, they'd almost certainly owe him $20+M. 

Thank you Slats.  It just sounds almost too good to be true.  JMO -  I am disappointed how this season has gone but I don't believe it justifies firing our HC, mainly because of the number of injuries this season.  There were 3 games (I believe) where 5-8 of our starters did not play.  That really hurt us.  I will say,  our HC's failure to challenge some of the plays in our game against the Chiefs is a real concern.  

I'll begin by saying that I am not looking for excuses for the Bills' season.  Instead,  I am looking at the overall picture.

There's no doubt that mistakes have been made by Rex and other Bills' coaches.  Our game this past week against the Chiefs was a total disgrace (as I previously stated). I have to ask why we can be so disciplined and prepared for the Jets and Patriots (even though we lost against the Patriots) and not so much for a number of other games we played like the Chiefs.   Again,  although we lost to the Patriots,  I thought after that game,  "we finally got our d line together."  And, then against the Chiefs, the same ole d line again.   Rex needs to shove his d scheme where the sun don't shine. And, give Thurman his walking papers.  Terry Pegula should pull rank and offer Schwartz the world to come back.  

The overall picture has to look at the misfortunes as well.    The Bills, like other NFL Teams had injuries.  However,  not many (like the Bills) had 14 injured players  with 8 starters that didn't play in the game.  This occurred in our game against the Jags.

The Officiating Refs (this year)  are probably the worst I've seen in NFL history.  Yes,  there were bad calls to all teams  but there were a couple of games when I wondered if the refs had it out for Rex and/or the Bills (one being the   NY Giants Game).  They probably did have it out for us.

We can possibly pull at 10-6 season but I doubt it.  More like 9-7 and I think we will be tie with the NY jets at the end of the season.

That's not an "overall picture", jeanie.  Everyone deals with injuries, and everyone deals with bad officiating.  The "overall picture" is that Rex Ryan is a buffoon who cannot run an NFL organization.  Never have, never will.  No amount of consolation you give yourself will change this.

The Pegulas are very slow to fire anyone.  I think it's pretty safe to say that Rex will still be here next year.  Fans on another blog claim that the Bills are on the hook for a 5 year contract with Rex.   I  can't believe that we would have to pay for 4 more years if he was fired after this season but I don't know his contract.  I know that Schwartz and Ryan would probably lock horns but the fans really like Schwartz.  His name comes up all the time. Rex has to realize that our defense plays a better 3-4.  Like I mentioned earlier,  we will probably finish with a 9-7 or 10-6 if we are lucky and I mean real lucky.  I do know that the fans will not be happy with a 9-7 finish.  We feel the talent on our team can do better.

There is no way Rex would allow anyone else to run his defense. Not going to happen. 

That being said I would love for it to happen because I would put the over/under at 5 minutes into the first preseason game on the two of them having a fist fight on the sidelines. 

That's not an "overall picture", jeanie.  Everyone deals with injuries, and everyone deals with bad officiating.  The "overall picture" is that Rex Ryan is a buffoon who cannot run an NFL organization.  Never have, never will.  No amount of consolation you give yourself will change this.

Jetsfan:  I  a gree that all teams have injuries and penalties.  However,  very few have 8 starting players out at once.  

OK, but he clearly doesn't hesitate to fire coaches. Ergo, one can extract that if Rex loses out, he's in big ******* trouble. 

Hey:  If it makes you feel better to hang on to your ill feelings about your "former" coach and also continue to wish him the worst,  all I  can say is knock your lights out.  Rex will be with the Bills next year.

So the refs screwed you and injuries are why you lost to Jacksonville.  Right, "facts".  OR, more likely, you're a terrible coached football team. 

No,  the refs didn't screw just us  but our loss to the Jags was definitely due to injuries.  

Hey:  If it makes you feel better to hang on to your ill feelings about your "former" coach and also continue to wish him the worst,  all I  can say is knock your lights out.  Rex will be with the Bills next year.

And we are eternally grateful for that fact.  A) A horrible coach on a div rival  B keeps the comedy level high on these forums.

Ask anybody around here, I love Rex. Rex is ******* awesome. 

But if you believe Rex won't lose his job if the Bills lose their last 7 games you have a very loose grasp of reality.

To go from 5-4 and in control of your own destiny to 5-11 and sitting at home. Would you want that coach back?

Ask anybody around here, I love Rex. Rex is ******* awesome. 

But if you believe Rex won't lose his job if the Bills lose their last 7 games you have a very loose grasp of reality.

To go from 5-4 and in control of your own destiny to 5-11 and sitting at home. Would you want that coach back?

We're not going to have a straight 7 game loss.

We're not going to have a straight 7 game loss.

Well, you're at 2 already. You play the Texans this week who are hot so it'll probably be 3. After that you play the Eagles, Redskins and Cowboys. You should win two of those but if you don't whoa boy it's gonna get loud up there. And then we will exact revenge in week 17. 

So, you're looking at 2-5  most likely. Not good at all but it should keep Rex's job. 

And so are we.

Jeanie, that is certainly not what your fans forums indicate.  Most of them have already seen through the shtick.  Go and look at my comparison of the jets and bills D rankings, you guys had a great one step away from elite defense and it is now average at best so far this year.  Al the things we warned you about have come to pass.

Overly bombastic arrogant predictions.

Pumping players up before a game is played.

Terrible in game coaching.

A horrible array of sub par assistants that are there because they are buddies and familiar more than good coaches.

The incumbent Gm being trampled and Rex seeming to run the show.

Going all in with a young unproven QB

The only thing surprising about all of this is that it happened in 1/2 a year.

Jeanie, that is certainly not what your fans forums indicate. There are those of us who are hanging in there.   Most of them have already seen through the shtick. You may be right.   Go and look at my comparison of the jets and bills D rankings, you guys had a great one step away from elite defense and it is now average at best so far this year. We need to get Thurman out and get a DC that will call D schemes in the games     Al the things we warned you about have come to pass.   I still have trust in our front office to do the right thing. 

Overly bombastic arrogant predictions.  Yes 

Pumping players up before a game is played.  Is this a bad thing?

Terrible in game coaching.  - Yes and No 

A horrible array of sub par assistants that are there because they are buddies and familiar more than good coaches.   Agree - hope this will change 

The incumbent Gm being trampled and Rex seeming to run the show.  I sincerely doubt it.  Whaley is pretty tough.

Going all in with a young unproven QB   I think TT is a winner.

The only thing surprising about all of this is that it happened in 1/2 a year.   I will say I am disappointed.  Not ready to throw in the towel yet.  

My response is above outlined in red.

Well, you're at 2 already. You play the Texans this week who are hot so it'll probably be 3. After that you play the Eagles, Redskins and Cowboys. You should win two of those but if you don't whoa boy it's gonna get loud up there. And then we will exact revenge in week 17. 

So, you're looking at 2-5  most likely. Not good at all but it should keep Rex's job. 

There's seems to be a lot of hatred on this board for your former HC.  As I look back at our former HC, I can say that  I am happy he's gone and have no ill will.  His name is rarely mentioned on the Bills Mafia forum that has over 40,000 members.  

Archived