Fitz's final two drives

AFJF

We've only played one winning team. So by your logic we should be 13-1 in order to be legit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they were 13-1 how could they be legit?  It means they would have either lost to an inferior team, or failed to beat a winning team.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've only played one winning team. So by your logic we should be 13-1 in order to be legit?

Actually, the only legit team in the NFL right now is Carolina and the Jets haven't played them.  With this being the case, the Jets haven't beaten or lost to any legit teams, so they're basically 0-0.

My logic says we dont have to be 13-1 to be considered legit, but we surely shouldnt need help to get into the playoffs. 

Now you tell me given that we've only played one winning team, whats wrong with that logic. 

If they were 13-1 how could they be legit?  It means they would have either lost to an inferior team, or failed to beat a winning team.

Actually, the only legit team in the NFL right now is Carolina and the Jets haven't played them.  With this being the case, the Jets haven't beaten or lost to any legit teams, so we're pretty much 0-0.

If you were jets GM and i was fitzugh agent I would ask for $21M for 4 yrs and you will bend over and like it.

My logic says we dont have to be 12-1 to be considered legit, but we surely shouldnt need help to get into the playoffs. 

Now you tell me given that we've only played one winning team, whats wrong with that logic. 

This quote function is awful but I digress. It's the NFL, and we are not elite. We're very good for sure and have a hell of a solid foundation to build on thanks to Macc. But a new regime with players learning new playbooks, a new QB, new FA's sprinkled in is going to result in some hiccups along the way. Every team we've lost to is decent for sure, and we're playing our best football in Dec with a chance to go 11-5. 11-5 typically wins divisions and you're acting like its some huge disappointment.

My logic says we dont have to be 13-1 to be considered legit, but we surely shouldnt need help to get into the playoffs. 

On paper it's simple enough, but you have to know that unless you've got one of the top two or three QB's in the NFL paired with an elite defense, you're going to find a way to lose a game or two that you shouldn't.  I thought I was pretty optimistic is saying they'd win between 10-12 games.  If you had them down for 14 wins, that was a pretty ballsy call.

Who have the 13-0 Panthers beaten?  Seattle who was in the midst of a 2-4 start after clearly missing a beat w/o Chancellor, and the Packers who lost to the Detroit Lions at home the following week?

It's easy to nitpick every schedule in the NFL and spin it in such a way that nobody's wins really mean anything.

That is just simple disingenuous and untrue. It is just a fact that we have had the easiest schedule in the NFL to this point:

http://www.predictionmachine.com/Strength-of-Schedule-Rankings

The AFC literally plays the two worst divisions in football this year. Half their schedule plus our two unique games were against last place teams.

Compare that to last year when we played a strong AFC West, and the NFC North faced like 5 elite QBs in a row, and actually at the end of the year played the second toughest schedule in the entire NFL. To say that schedule does not make a HUGE difference is just ridiculous.

t9fPLlF.png

seriously fitz is the man, give him another $60M over next 4 yrs. it doesnt matter if his gawd awful throws do not get interecepted, it's karma mon

Damn dude you sound like a agrywomam not getting her way. Relax.  Chances are Fitz and the Jets will get knocked off by Pats or Bills probably both.  Then you can celebrate and tell everyone you knew it. It's Sunday go play golf and have a nice Seltzer.  

Damn dude you sound like a agrywomam not getting her way. Relax.  Chances are Fitz and the Jets will get knocked off by Pats or Bills probably both.  Then you can celebrate and tell everyone you knew it. It's Sunday go play golf and have a nice Seltzer.  

good advice i am on the course as we speak

That is just simple disingenuous and untrue. It is just a fact that we have had the easiest schedule in the NFL to this point:

http://www.predictionmachine.com/Strength-of-Schedule-Rankings

The AFC literally plays the two worst divisions in football this year. Half their schedule plus our two unique games were against last place teams.

Compare that to last year when we played a strong AFC West, and the NFC North faced like 5 elite QBs in a row, and actually at the end of the year played the second toughest schedule in the entire NFL. To say that schedule does not make a HUGE difference is just ridiculous.

t9fPLlF.png

Well butter my biscuit, proof that Fitz actually sucks.

When Bowles sees this perceived-to-actual strength of schedule quotient tabulation he will start Geno and save the season.

Fine work, Johnny. You are smarter than that cross-eyes dog after all.

then you would have no problem giving a good QB $15M a yr for 4 yrs, this is what good Qbs command in today's NFL. So pay him mon

Wow.  Take a midol Mon.  He is playing good. One thing that makes him good is he is cheap.     Reasonable for couple years to find our franchise QB.  Good enough for now if you will.  If we fold against Pats and Bills 4-5 a year.  We win make playoffs, unlikely as it is then 6-9.  You are being a cranky.  

On paper it's simple enough, but you have to know that unless you've got one of the top two or three QB's in the NFL paired with an elite defense, you're going to find a way to lose a game or two that you shouldn't.  I thought I was pretty optimistic is saying they'd win between 10-12 games.  If you had them down for 14 wins, that was a pretty ballsy call.

I was told that I only had them down for "6 games max" lol. 

Seriously though. I was only responding to the person who questioned the logic. Just like you had them down for 10-12 games, I think that if you knew how poorly these teams would have been prior you may have leaned more toward the 12 wins than the 10. 

Just because you were optimistic about something prior doesnt mean that the reality cant influence you down the road. If you had them down for 10-12 wins facing a respectable schedule you cant then say that its cool that getting the same amount of wins AND needing help with a piss poor schedule is on par with your optimism. 

I mean, you can say it...but I wouldnt agree. 

Remember, we all thought that this division was going to be crazy, and some of us even thought the Dolphins could challenge the Pats for the division. Reality was they were piss poor and the Bills were mediocre. 

Ummm The average salary for an NFL QB is $13M per, tannythrill is getting $20m, give him $15m per and stop it. If fitz has a decent agent he will ask for tanny $$. The felating over this journeyman QB is unreal. Pay him or Shut up.  

You shut up.  Fitz agent is hopefully smarter than you.  

Well butter my biscuit, proof that Fitz actually sucks.

When Bowles sees this perceived-to-actual strength of schedule quotient tabulation he will start Geno and save the season.

Fine work, Johnny. You are smarter than that cross-eyes dog after all.

Gezz, I was not saying anything about Fitz or Geno, just pointing out that we really have had a silly easy schedule. Fitz fans are WAY sensitive it would seem,

this is the biggest game of the season right here. Your idea of Fitz being great wasn't good enough they lost. Since your most likely not gonna stop Brady . So your gonna have to score with him . He win this it will be the biggest moment of his career.  I.E.: Signature Moment I'm ready and I'm  Not labeling Fitz anything he has had a solid season . I'm looking at him as the new Rich Gannon 

or in our case the New Vinny who turned his entire style around when he became a Jet under Parcells . Lets hope Fitz stays healthy

Only 3 teams in the NFL have scored 17+ points in every game this season.  The Patriots, Panthers, and Jets.  Fitzpatrick is a huge reason why.  

Can we stop with the schedule strength stuff?  It's very clearly a way to try to discredit the guy and is done by the same people, yet each time they say "Hey I'm not ripping on Fitz just saying!"  Right.  We don't get to create our own schedule.  We've won 64 % of our games.  Stop complaining.

Only 3 teams in the NFL have scored 17+ points in every game this season.  The Patriots, Panthers, and Jets.  Fitzpatrick is a huge reason why.  

Can we stop with the schedule strength stuff?  It's very clearly a way to try to discredit the guy and is done by the same people, yet each time they say "Hey I'm not ripping on Fitz just saying!"  Right.  We don't get to create our own schedule.  We've won 64 % of our games.  Stop complaining.

No. If you dont like the conversation, find another thread thats all. 

Archived