Tamba Hali & McCaffery?

Jetster

I know it's at least 50/50 here regarding trading Mo Wilkerson if he wants north of 12 million dollars. I'm just curious how Jets fans would feel about it if we did in fact trade Mo & got a 1st round pick & took McCaffery & our one big free agency splash was Tamba Hali securing the edge rusher we so sorely need and adding one of the most versatile players coming out of the draft.

That would still leave us with another 1st round pick for a tackle or a linebacker. The more I think about it, I see a team like the Patriots that got Jabaal Shear on the cheap & look how well he's played! We would stil have the consensus top 3 rookies (Leo), 2 more years of Sheldon (sans suspensions,lol), I would resign Snacks. Imagine our offense resigning Powell & drafting McCaffery who is also a special teams phenom.

See write up below about McCaffery: 

Do you remember Melvin Gordon at Wisconsin last year? He was unstoppable. In Week 14 of 2014 against Nebraska, he ran for what was at the time an NCAA record 408 yards en route to 2,587 yards on the year. He had the most yards of any running back in college football history other than the great Barry Sanders in 1988. Gordon led all running backs with a season grade of +31.7..

In 2015, Stanford running back Christian McCaffrey made Gordon look like he was running in snow pants. By virtually every metric, McCaffrey had one of the most historic seasons we’ve ever seen. He shattered Barry Sanders’ all-purpose yards record by 614 yards (3,864). In the Rose Bowl, he was the first player in the bowl’s history to have 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving. In the end, he graded out to +51 — almost 20 points higher than Gordon’s terrific 2014 season. In addition, he received a grade of +16.5 as a kick and punt returner – good for second in the nation. He runs, he catches and he returns kicks at an elite level..

I know it's at least 50/50 here regarding trading Mo Wilkerson if he wants north of 12 million dollars. I'm just curious how Jets fans would feel about it if we did in fact trade Mo & got a 1st round pick & took McCaffery & our one big free agency splash was Tamba Hali securing the edge rusher we so sorely need and adding one of the most versatile players coming out of the draft.

That would still leave us with another 1st round pick for a tackle or a linebacker. The more I think about it, I see a team like the Patriots that got Jabaal Shear on the cheap & look how well he's played! We would stil have the consensus top 3 rookies (Leo), 2 more years of Sheldon (sans suspensions,lol), I would resign Snacks. Imagine our offense resigning Powell & drafting McCaffery who is also a special teams phenom.

See write up below about McCaffery: 

Do you remember Melvin Gordon at Wisconsin last year? He was unstoppable. In Week 14 of 2014 against Nebraska, he ran for what was at the time an NCAA record 408 yards en route to 2,587 yards on the year. He had the most yards of any running back in college football history other than the great Barry Sanders in 1988. Gordon led all running backs with a season grade of +31.7..

In 2015, Stanford running back Christian McCaffrey made Gordon look like he was running in snow pants. By virtually every metric, McCaffrey had one of the most historic seasons we’ve ever seen. He shattered Barry Sanders’ all-purpose yards record by 614 yards (3,864). In the Rose Bowl, he was the first player in the bowl’s history to have 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving. In the end, he graded out to +51 — almost 20 points higher than Gordon’s terrific 2014 season. In addition, he received a grade of +16.5 as a kick and punt returner – good for second in the nation. He runs, he catches and he returns kicks at an elite level..

Not sure Gordon was a good one to use as an example.  He was very average for the Chargers this season

McCaffery isn't eligible for this draft.

Unfortunately, this is the case. McCaffery is one of the best all around RBs I have ever seen in college. His one problem, is the color of his skin. There is nothing this kid can't do. In fact, If he was converted to a WR he would be a better version of Julian Edelman. He is as dynamic as they come. 

Unfortunately, this is the case. McCaffery is one of the best all around RBs I have ever seen in college. His one problem, is the color of his skin. There is nothing this kid can't do. In fact, If he was converted to a WR he would be a better version of Julian Edelman. He is as dynamic as they come. 

wow, I didn't realize he wasn't eligible for the draft. Guy was designed for a Chan Gailey offense (look how good Bilal looked in it)

Well, than how about Zeke? We need a dynamo RB that can catch out of the backfield, you add a 3rd WR with good hands (Marvin Jones?) Fitz would have guys open 24/7. 

wow, I didn't realize he wasn't eligible for the draft. Guy was designed for a Chan Gailey offense (look how good Bilal looked in it)

Well, than how about Zeke? We need a dynamo RB that can catch out of the backfield, you add a 3rd WR with good hands (Marvin Jones?) Fitz would have guys open 24/7. 

Elliot is the real deal and would be a great fit for our offense. What makes him more valuable is that there is a pretty big drop off, imo, after him. Guys like Henry and Collins are very good, but not as well rounded as Elliot. I would have no problem taking him with our 1st. The one RB i loved coming into this year was James Connor from Pitt, but he tore his ACL and was recently diagnosed with cancer, so he will likely return to college next year (if he's even ready to play football at some point next year). 

I'm asking these questions because I just don't see the value in paying DTs anywhere over 12 million and the affect it has on your salary cap & ability to sign other players. I look at it & say "wouldn't it be more prudent to get players in here that fill a need where we have a void?"

Even without Mo, we still have Sheldon & Leo, plus without signing Mo we can reup Snacks. Adding a player like Tamba Hali gives us an edge rusher, using the draft picks we get for Mo will fill more voids, RB or LB. I think it's imperative that Mac fixes our pass rush and speed at LB along with getting a stud pass catching RB & a reliable 3rd down WR, which would make our offense in year 2 very difficult to defend. The defensive front might be slightly weaker (Maybe), with Snacks no one runs on us & with Hali, QBs can't run around the edge like they did vs Pace. Mauldin should be ready to roll now & if we can replace Davis with someone who can cover we'd be ready to roll right out of the gate. 

There is more upside to trading Mo if we can sign an edge pass rusher & fill other holes. We'll find out if Mac & Bowles feel the same. 

Yeldon had a great rookie yr, and this years OL at bama has been average at best

740 yards, 4.1 ypc and 2 rushing TDs in 12 games is far from a great year. He was average and showed some signs. He had some durability issues and wasn't trusted much on goal line plays. He is a solid all around RB, but didn't show any signs of being great. 

Not spending $$$ on an over 30 Hali.  This offseason is about speed at LB, WR & RB

Jeez, time flies, I didn't realize Hali was over 30. Well he is a FA, maybe we get him cheaper because of his age? Huge upgrade over the dinosaur Pace. Leo dropping to us was a blessing in disguise with Mo & his agent looking for huge dollars & Sheldon screwing the pooch with his f*ckups. Mo & his agent would be hanging us over a barrel if we didn't have Williams. Honestly, Mo is not in the drivers seat. Patriots traded Seymour for a top pick, let's find out what the rest of league thinks about Mo Wilkersons worth? Look at the Panthers Dline, I believe they have a rookie NT (Short) and who else? But their freaking LBs are superb in Keuckly & Davis. 

KC would probably be willing to listen to offers for Charles

Could you imagine what Charles could do coming out of the backfield with Marshall, Decker, ?, Smith, maybe Amaro. My god, look how good he was with bums at WR like Bowe & a QB similar to Fitz. I know we want to grow for the future but after watching Brady get beat up, how sh*tty the Steelers defense is, Cincy will start losing FAs after this year, with the right moves there is no reason the Jets can't be aiming for an AFC championship game. There really are no BEASTS in the AFC anymore.

740 yards, 4.1 ypc and 2 rushing TDs in 12 games is far from a great year. He was average and showed some signs. He had some durability issues and wasn't trusted much on goal line plays. He is a solid all around RB, but didn't show any signs of being great. 

when yeldon got hurt, denard robinson did nothing and jags lost all the games yeldon was out. Yeldon is not a fumbler. Yeldon had he not missed last 3 games would have gotten more yds than Ivory.  The Jags also do not have a great OL, you also failed to  show his 280 yds of receptions

Archived