No more talk of 2 AFC Championship games

southparkcpa

Yeah, well, we have the first Superbowl win when it was first called the "Superbowl" AND it was the first ever win for the AFL that helped to solidify it as an equal to the NFL, and it eventually merged into the powerhouse NFL that we watch today.

The New York Jets have arguably the greatest and most important Superbowl win ever and helped to shape the future of the league.

What the **** have the Pats ever done for the league except to embarrass and make a mockery out of it, forcing controversy after controversy?

We are the Titans of New York. **** the rest.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Average.  Which is why it's equal crazy talk to suggest there's no universe where we can win a Super Bowl with Fitz.  Of course we can.  He had a 5-game stretch last year where he threw 13 TD's and 1 pick.  Granted, the competition level wasn't up to par with a playoff schedule.  But if he elevates his play similar to that and the rest of the team responds in kind....why not?

Because everytime the Jets faced a decent defense Fitztrashbag folded and threw multiple picks? and a team can't win a super bowl with a qb who can't even throw the ball 30 yards down the field accurately, fitzpatrick had a 1998 Vinny season and will go back to being his usual trashbag self next season.

You can't call a qb who has been in the playoffs six times, has won a super bowl, has played in three conference championships "average" not to mention the records he has tied by legendary qb's, you can't do it.

Yeah, well, we have the first Superbowl win when it was first called the "Superbowl" AND it was the first ever win for the AFL that helped to solidify it as an equal to the NFL, and it eventually merged into the powerhouse NFL that we watch today.

The New York Jets have arguably the greatest and most important Superbowl win ever and helped to shape the future of the league.

What the **** have the Pats ever done for the league except to embarrass and make a mockery out of it, forcing controversy after controversy?

We are the Titans of New York. **** the rest.

the jets won the single most significant game in pro football history.  No one can take that away but it would be nice to add another- maybe at least get there?

Personally I thought the 2 AFCCG appearances were out the door the second Rex left.  I never think about it.  Are there people who really still dwell on this???

Peyton Manning is at the end of the line.  Tom Brady will be 40 at the start of the 2017 season.  Roethlisberger will be 35 at the start of 2017 and he takes a LOT of hits.  We appear to have a top flight HC-GM combo in Bowles and Maccagnan.  We need to start thinking bigger than the AFCCG.

Read the board. There are a few defenders of mediocrity that still exist.  :D

Because everytime the Jets faced a decent defense Fitztrashbag folded and threw multiple picks? and a team can't win a super bowl with a qb who can't even throw the ball 30 yards down the field accurately, fitzpatrick had a 1998 Vinny season and will go back to being his usual trashbag self next season.

You can't call a qb who has been in the playoffs six times, has won a super bowl, has played in three conference championships "average" not to mention the records he has tied by legendary qb's, you can't do it.

1.  The fact that you refer to Fitz as "Fitztrashbag" is reason enough not to give you the time of day.  Might want to consider just calling him Fitzpatrick.

2.  I'll call Flacco average all day, because its true.  He's propped up by a great GM (Ozzie Newsome), Front Office, coach (John Harbaugh), and year in and year out they consistently have one of the best rosters in the NFL.  He had a magical postseason run where he was awesome for 4 games.  Every other game of his career he's hovered around average.  And that's not a criticism.  Being able to be a middle of the pack QB every year provides you with value. 

he hasn't done anything since Boldin left the team

the jets won the single most significant game in pro football history.  No one can take that away but it would be nice to add another- maybe at least get there?

Well, of course. I'd love to see it myself. But, in the meantime, I'll continue to live in a past that I never actually lived.

MODS - I propose we BAN any poster who talks about our 2 AFC runs again.:D

If time has shown anything, its that good teams don't care about championship conference games.

Look at the teams that have been there more than 2 times in the past 10-12 years or so.

Steelers, Pats, GB, Denver, Giants  All SB winners.

You think those teams brag about conference championship wins?

Look at the Panthers, a "virgin" franchise in 1995 and they have had more success than the JETS. 

Why?  management. Team is owned by a real football man.  About 5 years ago, he dismissed his 2 sons from the team.

I know..we will hear the "you need a QB cry" but over 25 years, we haven't had one.  That's on management too.

QB is most important we all agree.

Drafting and player development is 2. We have been below average here.

Lets pray Mac and Bowles are the real deal or we will be in this situation for the next 5 years.

From now on, every time I respond to one of your posts, I will, in some way, reference that we made back to back AFC Championship Games.

I became a fan in 1982 and they have won the division outright ONCE

I will celebrate any crumbs these ****ers give me and I don't need anybody elses approval !!!!!!

That is me, to a T.

I was a Redskins fan (not like the Jets) for years, just because they avenged us in the Mud Bowl.

Archived