Ocean Mafia

Nolder

20 minutes ago, Leelou said:

It would be very risky to do as scum. I think that situation will start to work itself out through the course of the game. The one that seems the most scummy of the 3 so far is Pac. 

Well we have to force it to work itself out, in all likelihood.  Ape decided to make this game about him and a big claim again and so we either have to leave the Neighbors alive and see if scum pick them off (unlikely) OR lynch from their pool to see if any of them are scum.  Either way its something we'll have to deal with, it won't deal with itself on its own. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Do cultists get to have their own QT? If not, then say that one of (Pac, Crush, Ape) is the cult leader and then recruits the other two, do they get to keep their neighbor QT?

Yes, usually.

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What if Pac, Ape and Crusher IS the scum team and they just admitted to it as part of a brilliant gambit, lol.

53 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The part about Crusher not fighting against the possibility of being scum, Pac being too quiet, and Ape saying we should lynch from the pool of those 3 then 5 minutes later voting someone outside of his 2 neighbors....all of that stinks.

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Timeline of events under the perspective of my theory:

1.  CTM comes right out of the gates with his reveal.

2.  Pac coasts in with a bunch of BS complaining about CTM.

3.  Ape complains about CTM making the game "All about him" again.

4.  Crusher decides to play the fat friendly innocent card. 

5.  Ape, in super jelly fashion because he always thinks about CTM before he goes to sleep every night, decides to one-up him with a scum gambit of his own.  He throws in Pac's little conversion theory because it'll get the town thinking about it, even when its a completely retarded theory. 

Last game Ape tried a "Go big or go home" strategy to go for the win and it didn't work out.  Perhaps he's doing it again?

80 flailing and making a mess.

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unless Ape is lying about the role.  Are you taking his claim at face value?  We can be reasonably confident they're in a QT together.  Earlier, Ape posted a quote from the QT that looked authentic with the "gray outline" around it.  The likelihood is very high that they really all are in a QT together.  But it could be a Scum QT. 

Lying about the role?

Crusher has already confirmed. There's never a reason to "lie" about being Neighbors, it's a null role. 

Are you seriously trying to spin this as me revealing the entire scum team with me? 

LOLOLOL.... you need to meet death.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Lying about the role?

Crusher has already confirmed. There's never a reason to "lie" about being Neighbors, it's a null role. 

Are you seriously trying to spin this as me revealing the entire scum team with me? 

If its a null role why would you reveal and tell everyone you suspect Pac as scum, and that we need to lynch from your pool?  WTF man. 

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Then why did he come out and question CTM, call bull sh*t to the reveal but vote the noob instead of CTM?  Why did it take him till today to vote him? 

still very curious about this...if he came out right away claiming CTM was the cult leader in the QT, his actions, didnt not back his theory up at all.  Which is not very Pac like, especially if its CTM.

32 minutes ago, CTM said:

sure it's possible , what I am saying is their claim is a null tell on alignment for  anyone of them 

Exactly.

The reason I revealed is for scum hunting purposes. With Pac being a lynch candidate today, I wanted people to know that we're neighbors, there's probably 1/3 of us that is scum, and if Pac flips scum, then we could semi-clear Crusher and I, not fully - obviously. 

I'm not suggesting we go for 1 of the 3 of us right now, but putting the info out there pro-actively makes it less of a WIFOM later in the game when more information becomes available. Imagine if this came up later as a reaction to me getting pressure, then it just makes a mess. Now, we file it away for consideration as we learn more about the game... including the possible presence of conversions. 

That's all. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If its a null role why would you reveal and tell everyone you suspect Pac as scum, and that we need to lynch from your pool?  WTF man. 

I'm town. I believe Crusher is town at the moment. The theory is that IF this is not a conversion game, THEN it's likely one of us is. Based on READS I'm leaning Pac. If this is a conversion game, then the theory is moot. Which is why I'm not adamant about Pac for the D1 lynch. Sure, I'd vote him because he's pinging, but not because of the neighbor roles exclusively. 

Make sense?

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well we have to force it to work itself out, in all likelihood.  Ape decided to make this game about him and a big claim again and so we either have to leave the Neighbors alive and see if scum pick them off (unlikely) OR lynch from their pool to see if any of them are scum.  Either way its something we'll have to deal with, it won't deal with itself on its own. 

How?  He announced 3 people to be in the QT.

Why would scum leave them alone? 

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not likely.  But possible, and something we'll need to consider if we lynch one and he flips scum.

So let me gets this straight, if we lynched one of them today, they flip scum...you'd be advocating to lynch another one of them tomorrow? 

Lynching Pac is the best decision today, for the following reasons:

1.  He's playing scummy.

2.  If he flips scum, we can pretty much put to bed the idea of there being conversions, since he was the source of the theory.

3.  It'll tell us more about the nature of the Neighbors and destroy my theory about them being scum together if he flips town.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

still very curious about this...if he came out right away claiming CTM was the cult leader in the QT, his actions, didnt not back his theory up at all.  Which is not very Pac like, especially if its CTM.

Missed it, sorry. No, his initial post was just about us possibly being 3 town if there are conversions. The CTM is cult leader theory came up AFTER he started catching votes in thread, and I called him scum in the QT. He voted CTM in the thread around the same time, I think.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

How?  He announced 3 people to be in the QT.

Why would scum leave them alone? 

So let me gets this straight, if we lynched one of them today, they flip scum...you'd be advocating to lynch another one of them tomorrow? 

Yes, I would advocate it.  If the other 2 flip town, a 1/3 deal is not bad at all, and all 3 lynch trains would prove informative.  If they flip scum, victory for the town.  Low downside, High upside.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Lying about the role?

Dude, you made the game all about you by revealing you're neighbors with 2 other players.  So yeah, of course you would out your entire scum team.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  He's playing scummy.

2.  If he flips scum, we can pretty much put to bed the idea of there being conversions, since he was the source of the theory.

3.  It'll tell us more about the nature of the Neighbors and destroy my theory about them being scum together if he flips town.

Gross.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm town. I believe Crusher is town at the moment. The theory is that IF this is not a conversion game, THEN it's likely one of us is. Based on READS I'm leaning Pac. If this is a conversion game, then the theory is moot. Which is why I'm not adamant about Pac for the D1 lynch. Sure, I'd vote him because he's pinging, but not because of the neighbor roles exclusively. 

Make sense?

It does, and it makes a little more sense to me why you'd reveal early now.  But its still not something we can effectively ignore.  And of course the 3 of you can't exactly use the QT as masons would, so this doesn't seem like particularly advantageous town roles to me. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

It does, and it makes a little more sense to me why you'd reveal early now.  But its still not something we can effectively ignore.  And of course the 3 of you can't exactly use the QT as masons would, so this doesn't seem like particularly advantageous town roles to me. 

Yea, you can absolutely ignore it.

Like I said, it's proactive information. It's extremely scummy that you're trying to narrow the field to 1/3 of us on D1. The reveal is out there, it makes FAR more sense to take the information I've provided forward through the game, and use it when you've got more information to weigh it against.

Literally, the only reason I'm not pushing to end Pac right now, is because of how you're trying to manipulate the situation.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Missed it, sorry. No, his initial post was just about us possibly being 3 town if there are conversions. The CTM is cult leader theory came up AFTER he started catching votes in thread, and I called him scum in the QT. He voted CTM in the thread around the same time, I think.

Interesting.

So hinted to conversions but didnt tie CTM to the cult leader until after some heat? 

Interesting.

So hinted to conversions but didnt tie CTM to the cult leader until after some heat? 

2/10 at 7:00PM is when he put the theory in the QT, and I urged him to move it to the main thread... and he ignored me, and never posted again, so I puked everything up into the thread instead. LOL

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Like I said, it's proactive information. It's extremely scummy that you're trying to narrow the field to 1/3 of us on D1. The reveal is out there, it makes FAR more sense to take the information I've provided forward through the game, and use it when you've got more information to weigh it against.

Literally, the only reason I'm not pushing to end Pac right now, is because of how you're trying to manipulate the situation.

And I can just as easily say you're defending your scummates by deflecting to me, after initially trying to sound "townie" by suggesting we lynch Pac. 

The "only reason" you don't want to lynch Pac should not be me.  I've put my thoughts out there.  I'm an easy candidate for a lynch, especially if I'm wrong about Pac.  I imagine my end will come fairly soon, of that you can rest assure.  So give me a legitimate reason why Pac should not die today, after you were so willing to take him out just moments ago?

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  He's playing scummy.

The only part of this that is accurate is #1. 

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I would advocate it.  If the other 2 flip town, a 1/3 deal is not bad at all, and all 3 lynch trains would prove informative.  If they flip scum, victory for the town.  Low downside, High upside.

So you think we lynch all 3 in consecutive days if, we lynch Pac today and he's scum? 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

2/10 at 7:00PM is when he put the theory in the QT, and I urged him to move it to the main thread... and he ignored me, and never posted again, so I puked everything up into the thread instead. LOL

Ok.  He's terrible at this game so I really cant draw any conclusions from this.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I can just as easily say you're defending your scummates by deflecting to me, after initially trying to sound "townie" by suggesting we lynch Pac. 

Except, this would be narrative bullsh*t.... like the town let you pull off last game... I'm not building a narrative about you, I'm voting you because you keep using everything that happens to indict people. That's scum play.

If we were to lynch from the neighbors, then Pac is the play. That being said, I'm voting my best scum read... which I've already said.

Thank you, and good night.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The "only reason" you don't want to lynch Pac should not be me.  I've put my thoughts out there.  I'm an easy candidate for a lynch, especially if I'm wrong about Pac.  I imagine my end will come fairly soon, of that you can rest assure.  So give me a legitimate reason why Pac should not die today, after you were so willing to take him out just moments ago?

If you are my #1 scum read, then yes, it absolutely should be. 

And spare us the "I'm an easy candidate for lynch" meta defense. Pac gets lynched easily all the time too.

I was voting you, I moved to Pac briefly, you posted some more, and then I decided not to second-guess my first instinct... because my first instinct is usually my best. 

Keep flailing.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Wait, we should ignore it and use it later in the game... But then we should also lynch Pac??? Not following 

So you have no good reasons for avoiding a Pac lynch.  Even though you moved your vote to me BEFORE I presented my theory that all 3 of you are scum.  Got it.  This happened 2 hours ago:

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

So, based on Nolder posting the sample role PM, I'm guessing that the baddies are melting down over my plan to use role title semantics to clear my fellow QT mates.

Obviously, I'm town. 

Unvote
Vote Pac

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Unvote
vote 80

For D1, I'm following my pings.

After D2, and we get more context from game events, then we can explore some of the converstion theory, and odds of lynching out of the neighborhood. For now, I just want to nail scum... and 80 gives me that not so fresh feeling.

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Wait, we should ignore it and use it later in the game... But then we should also lynch Pac??? Not following 

He can't keep his story straight.  Maybe he's not scum, but he's certainly bungling his explanation on the way we should be handling the reveal for sure.  And accusing me of being scum in part for calling him on it.

Archived