Ocean Mafia

Nolder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Missed it, sorry. No, his initial post was just about us possibly being 3 town if there are conversions. The CTM is cult leader theory came up AFTER he started catching votes in thread, and I called him scum in the QT. He voted CTM in the thread around the same time, I think.

a brilliant move if I was scum..  vote the guy with no votes so I could stand out and get questioned about it.

*insert rolley eye emoji*

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Good point. I only mentioned it because it was mentioned and it was one of the few things that I had an opinion on or question about.

I should've noted that the conversion theory apparently came from Pac via Ape, so there isn't any evidence on it.

It's interesting, too, that Pac theorized that if there are conversions, than perhaps all three of them started town. I wonder if that was before or after Ape called him scum. Could be a convenient and clever cover for Pac to conceal himself as scum.

Pac mentioned conversions. I called his scum in my next post.

Crusher concurred. 

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

2/10 at 7:00PM is when he put the theory in the QT, and I urged him to move it to the main thread... and he ignored me, and never posted again, so I puked everything up into the thread instead. LOL

I haven't seen the QT since..  in fact I should log in to see if you're playing this stupidly for a reason.  hold please.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

You're an idiot.  You're trying to use my logic against me.

I was the one that immediately surmised that having a 3 man town mason team in a 12 man game would be stupid.  I believe it was literally my first post in that stupid QT.  I was coming at the angle of conversion game instead of 1 of us beginning as scum as that made more sense to me at the time.

Now if you are scum you've effectively made me doubt anything you're saying in the QT.

Your clearing of Crush is also laughable..  what exactly has he done to be cleared??  For that matter what have I done to seem scummy.  I'M THE ONE who planted the seed in your stupid brain!!

If i was scum it wouldn't make any sense to immediately make my fellow townies doubt me.

We aren't masons.

I'm not clearing Crusher, I just got a townie vibe from him. He doesn't fool me often, if he did this time.... good for him!!! I like him better than you, so GFY.

Providing a theory for why we'd all 3 be town would be a good thing to do as scum. It's a wifom as to whether or not it would make sense for doubt reasons.

Garbage post.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

a brilliant move if I was scum..  vote the guy with no votes so I could stand out and get questioned about it.

*insert rolley eye emoji*

I'm not voting you, I'm voting 80. 

80 would like to lynch you, me and Crusher in succession. 

If you're town, why don't you focus on the reactions to what I shared, rather than adding more twattiness to the thread... Brett's already met capacity.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I haven't seen the QT since..  in fact I should log in to see if you're playing this stupidly for a reason.  hold please.

Crusher and I are talking about bad vision. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

He did at 430 pm, yes.

He posted his role before that, it was exactly as mine is. 

What's your case on him again?

He was inconsistent in his reason for voting me. First it was for my "stupid plan" to out the cop, which I said wouldn't work. Then when he found out it was Jifs plan, he said it was actually my reaction to the plan, not that it was my idea. Then he started getting into some nonsense about how I was being cocky because I voted Jif early, then when Jif told him that was a joke it turned into because I was being cocky about my vote on CTM. Came across we just voting me for the sake of planting a vote on me, not for any specific reason.

9 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

He was inconsistent in his reason for voting me. First it was for my "stupid plan" to out the cop, which I said wouldn't work. Then when he found out it was Jifs plan, he said it was actually my reaction to the plan, not that it was my idea. Then he started getting into some nonsense about how I was being cocky because I voted Jif early, then when Jif told him that was a joke it turned into because I was being cocky about my vote on CTM. Came across we just voting me for the sake of planting a vote on me, not for any specific reason.

Fair points.

You should stick to focusing on this. I believe at the time, you were insinuating Crusher was scum for this, and didn't vote him until I called you out on not voting him. Similar to how you didn't suspect I was scum, until I called you out on the effort going towards smearing me, then you suddenly found a "ping". Hard to look past slop like this. If you're town, tighten it up... and for ****s sake, stop trying to out-ego me. It's a losing endeavor for you, and if you're town, it would be better that you don't derail yourself... or me in the process.

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Okay.

@Pac I'm still curious as to why Pac thought there could be conversions.

Ape is playing dumb and like an ass hole so I won't humor his frivolity and address his concerns directly..

But since you ask...  It's simple math....

In a 12 player game it would be unbalanced if Nolder started the game allowing 3 townies to clear each other.  You immediately limit the lynch field by 25%.  We've had a number of conversion games which typically cause the most mayhem and are most fun for the mod. 

I've modded a number of conversion games so my initial reaction when seeing we had a 3 man neighborhood was that there was no way it could stay that way till end game.  It would be unfair and unbalanced.

I'm leaning conversion as opposed to one of us starting as scum because it makes it more difficult to target one of us.  I started doubting that when seeing the Apes posts today and thought perhaps he or Crush might indeed be scum..  now that I'm caught up I'm still sticking with conversion which can easily be determined as the game progresses. 

As it stands lynching one of us on Day 1 is completely asinine.  You have to wait for more evidence.  Even if you think one of us started as scum you HAVE to wait until Day 2.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I noticed that, too, but I love the positive reassurances, so I dare not call him on it.

:D

CTM is going to put you into one of two camps.

He's either going to fawn over you and dream about you being in his mouth, like a fat chick does cake.

Or he's going to bicker with you non-stop, to satisfy the odd self-loathing turn ons he has.

Either way, we all lose.

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Pacs already calling me out, and CTM is trying too hard. Both of them are trying to deflect attention in very different ways. I trust neither.

I think you're scum..  if this is a conversion game and you are CL that would be hysterical.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Pacs already calling me out, and CTM is trying too hard. Both of them are trying to deflect attention in very different ways. I trust neither.

Thoughts on:

• CTM's reveal, and reactions from other players to it
  • My reveal, and reactions from other players to it
  • Brett
  • Elaborate on "CTM is trying too hard", what does that mean? Who else is trying too hard?
  • Who isn't trying enough?

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Fair points.

You should stick to focusing on this. I believe at the time, you were insinuating Crusher was scum for this, and didn't vote him until I called you out on not voting him. Similar to how you didn't suspect I was scum, until I called you out on the effort going towards smearing me, then you suddenly found a "ping". Hard to look past slop like this. If you're town, tighten it up... and for ****s sake, stop trying to out-ego me. It's a losing endeavor for you, and if you're town, it would be better that you don't derail yourself... or me in the process.

If people post something that conflicts with what they've said earlier I'm going to call them out on it, even if it lean town on them. And I'm going to be dickish about it because if I can get people to start posting emotionally they're more likely to slip up. It just so happens that this is nuclear when it's with you.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I think you're scum..  if this is a conversion game and you are CL that would be hysterical.

If this is a conversion game, then mathematically thinking jetengine and jif are scum, and ctm is cult leader makes no sense.

Just now, StraightCash said:

If people post something that conflicts with what they've said earlier I'm going to call them out on it, even if it lean town on them. And I'm going to be dickish about it because if I can get people to start posting emotionally they're more likely to slip up. It just so happens that this is nuclear when it's with you.

I didn't do that.

I posted something CTM said, and something Pac said. You took them as things I said, and manufactured a contradiction where there wasn't one. I've already illustrated this.

You might be the last person here capable of getting me "emotional". Slapping you down is a breath of fresh air after having to have to deal with CTM last game.

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Thoughts on:

• CTM's reveal, and reactions from other players to it
  • My reveal, and reactions from other players to it
  • Brett
  • Elaborate on "CTM is trying too hard", what does that mean? Who else is trying too hard?
  • Who isn't trying enough?

CTM posting a Wikipedia article on the rules pertaining to a specific role is about as " trying too hard" as it gets. It's like a guy playing chess thats constantly pretending he doesn't know how the different pieces move, while setting up a Nimzowitsch Gambit.

I haven't really started trying yet. I have the disadvantage of not really knowing most here, aside from what they think about Fitzmagic...

As to the rest, I'll get back to you while I mull some things over.

11 minutes ago, Pac said:

Ape is playing dumb and like an ass hole so I won't humor his frivolity and address his concerns directly..

But since you ask...  It's simple math....

In a 12 player game it would be unbalanced if Nolder started the game allowing 3 townies to clear each other.  You immediately limit the lynch field by 25%.  We've had a number of conversion games which typically cause the most mayhem and are most fun for the mod. 

I've modded a number of conversion games so my initial reaction when seeing we had a 3 man neighborhood was that there was no way it could stay that way till end game.  It would be unfair and unbalanced.

I'm leaning conversion as opposed to one of us starting as scum because it makes it more difficult to target one of us.  I started doubting that when seeing the Apes posts today and thought perhaps he or Crush might indeed be scum..  now that I'm caught up I'm still sticking with conversion which can easily be determined as the game progresses. 

As it stands lynching one of us on Day 1 is completely asinine.  You have to wait for more evidence.  Even if you think one of us started as scum you HAVE to wait until Day 2.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

I obviously don't have much point of reference for either neighbors or conversions, but reading the wiki I would have to agree that I don't think all three neighbors would be townie.

What do you mean about there being no way a 3 man neighborhood could stay that way till end game? Can the neighborhood grow, or are you talking about them simply being converted? And, when they are converted, do the stay in the neighborhood?

Do you mean that scum and conversions can't be in the same game? So, if this is a conversion game, then we started with 11 townies and 1 cult leader? Would the cult leader be in the neighborhood specifically, or could he be anyone? I'm also assuming you mean that 1 scum and 2 townies in a neighborhood is slanted in the towns favor, and in such a small game that's too much of an advantage for town, which is the reason you are thinking conversion, right?

I agree with you and Ape that lynching someone from the neighborhood can wait until more evidence comes up.

Another thing I'd like to add for the "I'm suspicious of Pac" crows is that it wouldn't make sense whatsoever for me to immediately point out in the QT that are team could eventually be tainted.  Why make my first order of business to intentionally make my teammates doubt me..  which those 2 dopes quickly did lol.

I'll tell you this much..  if this is proven to not be a conversion game then Crush or Ape is most certainly is scum.

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This is your first game, right? Last game--which was my first--Pac pointed me out pretty earlier and kept at it all game. He was scum and I was town. Also, if you didn't know, rookies aren't lynched on the first day, so you are safe for now.

Just now, Pac said:

Another thing I'd like to add for the "I'm suspicious of Pac" crows is that it wouldn't make sense whatsoever for me to immediately point out in the QT that are team could eventually be tainted.  Why make my first order of business to intentionally make my teammates doubt me..  which those 2 dopes quickly did lol.

I'll tell you this much..  if this is proven to not be a conversion game then Crush or Ape most certainly is scum.

The bold is a wifom. You already said this, and I already responded the same way.

Also, point of fact: if this is proven to be a conversion game, then Crush, Pac or Ape is very likely scum. 

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

This is your first game, right? Last game--which was my first--Pac pointed me out pretty earlier and kept at it all game. He was scum and I was town. Also, if you didn't know, rookies aren't lynched on the first day, so you are safe for now.

Which is literally no different than how I've played for years..  I ALWAYS vote newbs on day 1.

Just like I always am snarky..  just like I always am a low day 1 contributor since I made a choice to play that way 2 years ago...

these people trying to draw parallels from the last 2 games to this one are full of sh-t.  I play pretty much the same way all the time (as Hess pointed out last game).  It's what makes me the best at this here sh-t.

Archived