Ocean Mafia

Nolder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a trumpetfish. I am a neighbor, but otherwise powerless, but I don't want to say specifically the word-choice used as it may later help with vetting either Pac or Crusher.

So, I look at it like this. After a game day/night cycle, we'll probably know if there are conversions. Until we see one, I wouldn't bother over-investing in the theory, but what I did want to put out in the open is the following, in case the theory proves out.

IF there are conversion, THEN it's fair to conclude:

• CTM is most likely lying
  • Pac, Crusher and Ape could have started as all 3 town

IF there are NO conversions, THEN it's fair to conclude:

• One of Pac, Crusher and Ape probably isn't town, so if you want a 33% shot at scum, lynch from the 3 of us first
  • CTM's reveal gains no clarity in this situation

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not really. 

Neither of them will say if they agree with me, so I'm just going to do it.

Pac, Crusher and I are Neighbors. We have our own QT. My assumption early on was that one of us was scum, and Pac is standing out most right now.

However, Pac did make a good point, that this could be a conversion game and all 3 of us might have started as town. So, the way I look at it, being transparent about the Neighbors role now is probably for the best, because if there are conversions, then we'll stop using the QT after we see one. If not, we're still going to suspect that 1 of the 3 of us is scum.

As per Pac's theory: CTM's claim, if he's the conversion leader, would be brilliant.

Not sure why Pac was reluctant to share this here in-thread, but said it in the QT.

Well, it was weird until now. 

Also explains why he voted CTM too.

On 2/9/2016 at 4:41 PM, Nolder said:

Under da sea!

Under da sea!

Players

1. JiF

2.Brett

3, Ape

5. Leelou

6. Verbal

7. CTM

8. Spoot

9. crush

10. jet engine 1

11. Pac

12. AVM

Rules

1) Do not post/quote or otherwise communicate your role PM.

2) You may claim your role and your character.

3) Do not talk about this game outside the game thread unless instructed to do so.

4) Self voting and editing is allowed. No lynch is also allowed.

5) This is a Hammer game, majority rules, deadlines will be enforced. If you forget to submit a night action you lose it.

The bold also stood out to me in the "rules".  Thought it was random that Nolderp posted it. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I am a trumpetfish. I am a neighbor, but otherwise powerless, but I don't want to say specifically the word-choice used as it may later help with vetting either Pac or Crusher.

So, I look at it like this. After a game day/night cycle, we'll probably know if there are conversions. Until we see one, I wouldn't bother over-investing in the theory, but what I did want to put out in the open is the following, in case the theory proves out.

• One of Pac, Crusher and Ape probably isn't town, so if you want a 33% shot at scum, lynch from the 3 of us first

No it wont. You'll all be modkilled if you try.

Didn't I put this in the rules? I thought I did...

Just now, JiF said:

The bold also stood out to me in the "rules".  Thought it was random that Nolderp posted it. 

Yup.

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

No it wont. You'll all be modkilled if you try.

Didn't I put this in the rules? I thought I did...

No, rule #2 says you can claim your role and character. Not sure why we wouldn't be allowed to say specifically what you named the role. CTM already did. Modkill him.

Rule Clarification: Do not communicate your role PM essentially meant don't compare your PM's. I don't care if you do what Ape just did and say I'm blah blah blah and my role is blah blah but don't start looking at wording or you'll be modkilled. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think it's unlikely it's a conversion game... I feel like it's usually spelled out in the intro that there are conversions, and to not tell anyone would be a little bastard modish.

I agree that one of you is probably scum. I feel good about you, and I think Pac is low hanging fruit. Makes me feel better about my vote on Crusher

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Rule Clarification: Do not communicate your role PM essentially meant don't compare your PM's. I don't care if you do what Ape just did and say I'm blah blah blah and my role is blah blah but don't start looking at wording or you'll be modkilled. Thank you.

I just PM'ed you.

All I'm talking about sharing is the terminology you used to define our roles. So, in your PM where is says "Role: ______" whatever you put in the blank.

Also, modkill CTM please.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Did the mod post your roles in the QT or were you guys able to share your PM's in the QT? 

2 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I think it's unlikely it's a conversion game... I feel like it's usually spelled out in the intro that there are conversions, and to not tell anyone would be a little bastard modish.

I agree that one of you is probably scum. I feel good about you, and I think Pac is low hanging fruit. Makes me feel better about my vote on Crusher

Not really...we've gone in to games blind on conversions plenty of times.

Most conversion games I've created and played in, were PAFO. It's not bastard moddish to not tell. Not at all.

Pac is mostly definitely a fruit.

Just now, JiF said:

With 4 reveals on D1, I'm not against a mass reveal party!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Eh, I don't like the idea. I get CTM's pussy approach to his role, don't agree with it, and would have thought he'd play with more balls... especially since he longingly talked about being more ballsy two games ago.

Revealing the neighborhood is meh... I don't see value in it, and with the concept of conversion thrown out there, it seems like the neighborhood already has fractured trust. The best logic I could put towards it was that IF there's no cult, then odds favor 1/3 of us being scum. 

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

@Integrity28 Unless I'm mistaken CTM claimed a role. He could be telling the truth, he could be lying. He did not try to use the wording of his PM to prove he's town. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

Modkill him anyway... BECAUSE I SAID SO!!! 

Every reveal ever is done to "prove you're town". That point is moot. If he was allowed to use his formal role, and I'm not, then that's bastard modding, but you've since clarified and it seems I can too. No worries.

Now, modkill him please.

Sample Town Role PM

You are a fish.

This is flavor text.

[picture]

Role: Villager

Alignment: Town

Win Condition: You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is still alive.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Modkill him anyway... BECAUSE I SAID SO!!! 

Every reveal ever is done to "prove you're town". That point is moot. If he was allowed to use his formal role, and I'm not, then that's bastard modding, but you've since clarified and it seems I can too. No worries.

Now, modkill him please.

No modkills right now.

Game continues.

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

No modkills right now.

Game continues.

I was pretty disappointed you didn't fake modkill me yesterday.  I've always imagined one of these games you'd do so out of no where, freak everyone out and finally explain "because it's a Wednesday, bitch"

Archived