Ocean Mafia

Nolder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Great minds :)

Damn right.  Or in this case, a great mind and a psychotic drama queen think alike ;)

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Haven't we previously decided that calling for mod-kills is generally an anti-town move?  We lose all the information from that player's death, no?  Serious question here, because its been a while I've seen anyone do this like the Ape is right now.

Well...yeah...but that's the same as Verb begging for a gun (or for anyone with a gun) to shoot you just because.  Or vice versa.

Even the first post struck me as joke-y.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, based on Nolder posting the sample role PM, I'm guessing that the baddies are melting down over my plan to use role title semantics to clear my fellow QT mates.

Obviously, I'm town. 

Unvote
Vote Pac

While possible (and we've seen stuff like this before) Nolder has probably given more sample role PM's than any mod we've had over the years to prevent some of this stuff.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Haven't we previously decided that calling for mod-kills is generally an anti-town move?  We lose all the information from that player's death, no?  Serious question here, because its been a while I've seen anyone do this like the Ape is right now.

Scum ^^^

It should be fairly obvious that I'm doing it to get a rise out of CTM. No other agenda.

This is what it looks like when 80 scum tries to use things in the game to make people look dirty.

1 minute ago, AVM said:

While possible (and we've seen stuff like this before) Nolder has probably given more sample role PM's than any mod we've had over the years to prevent some of this stuff.

Except that he did it in a flurry in response to my play. Bad guys collectively freaked out. 

You with them?

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Except that he did it in a flurry in response to my play. Bad guys collectively freaked out. 

You with them?

I wish -- my mock emo rage is back to the best in the game with Smash taking his ball and going home.  Now I just have my whiny drama queen routine.

Unvote
vote 80

For D1, I'm following my pings.

After D2, and we get more context from game events, then we can explore some of the converstion theory, and odds of lynching out of the neighborhood. For now, I just want to nail scum... and 80 gives me that not so fresh feeling.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Unvote
vote 80

For D1, I'm following my pings.

After D2, and we get more context from game events, then we can explore some of the converstion theory, and odds of lynching out of the neighborhood. For now, I just want to nail scum... and 80 gives me that not so fresh feeling.

What do you think the chances are that one of your neighbors is scum (if no conversions)?

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Scum ^^^

It should be fairly obvious that I'm doing it to get a rise out of CTM. No other agenda.

This is what it looks like when 80 scum tries to use things in the game to make people look dirty.

It wasn't obvious to me like it was to AVM and Leelou.

You just told us you want us to lynch form your pool of 3.  Well then we have to look at you, Pac and Crusher's play.  So yeah, expect some scrutiny.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It wasn't obvious to me like it was to AVM and Leelou.

You just told us you want us to lynch form your pool of 3.  Well then we have to look at you, Pac and Crusher's play.  So yeah, expect some scrutiny.

I commented about the mk thing? 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kind of where I'm at. I think Ape is town (more so than Pac and Crush)... So from his perspective (him knowing he is town) he should have a 50/50 shot at nailing scum between Crush and Pac. I'm surprised they aren't getting more scrutiny from him.

the only argument against Pac is he is laying low, and he did that last game and was scum, right?

Just now, StraightCash said:

Kind of where I'm at. I think Ape is town (more so than Pac and Crush)... So from his perspective (him knowing he is town) he should have a 50/50 shot at nailing scum between Crush and Pac. I'm surprised they aren't getting more scrutiny from him.

the only argument against Pac is he is laying low, and he did that last game and was scum, right?

Correct.  Nothing much has changed regarding Pac's play since last game.  He did exactly as CTM was laughing about yesterday:  Stumbled in, drunkenly posted some insults and a picture of a naked dude, then disappeared again.  Sounds par for the course.

58 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I am a trumpetfish. I am a neighbor, but otherwise powerless, but I don't want to say specifically the word-choice used as it may later help with vetting either Pac or Crusher.

So, I look at it like this. After a game day/night cycle, we'll probably know if there are conversions. Until we see one, I wouldn't bother over-investing in the theory, but what I did want to put out in the open is the following, in case the theory proves out.

IF there are conversion, THEN it's fair to conclude:

• CTM is most likely lying
  • Pac, Crusher and Ape could have started as all 3 town

IF there are NO conversions, THEN it's fair to conclude:

• One of Pac, Crusher and Ape probably isn't town, so if you want a 33% shot at scum, lynch from the 3 of us first
  • CTM's reveal gains no clarity in this situation

no ctm is most not likely lying if there's conversions

to say that is making a ton of assumptions and is illogical 

better question.. why do you think one of you is dirty, and why are you talking about conversions. my guess is whomever brought it up is the converter

1 hour ago, AVM said:

Well, yeah -- hides all the seachicken poop.

He was bound to get SOMETHING right.  I guess.

I would agree and say the same "he does this as his new D1 meta" bit from last game, in which I adamantly defended him almost until my death while he was scum.  So...yeah.

Brett F4444vvvvreeeeee

Would say that given the theme a conversion seems unlikely -- not something to worry about until we see a conversion scene (which I think is what you're getting at anyways).

Interesting re: Pac and his theory on CTM, and a good point.  I'd also add that if there is a conversion I'd find it highly unlikely CTM was telling the truth at all.  Can't risk a cult leader targeting him N1, getting killed and basically breaking the game.  A vest would be an option, though...perhaps.  There's always a way around it, but again...this is all sort of backburner discussion for the time being.

pingy post.. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Conversions make no sense whatso-f*ckin-ever.  What kind of fish gets converted from peaceful kelp-eaters to f*ckin sharks?  Marine biologists are reading this sh*t and laughing.  Stupid Pac.

lol. That just made me think of Finding Nemo. 

QS_46af46839dd148efb6ecfa327b560725.jpg

also the fact that these aholes are neighbors is telling

masons = all town by definition 

neighbors = doesn't determine alignment by definition  ... (can't quote , I'm on phone but check wiki)

there could be 2 scum and 1 town for all we know, nolder choose neighbor intentionally

I am good with pac dying because neighbor is also a role rarely (if ever)used here, my new to jn role should've rang true to all these boneheads .. crusher reaction seems most town 

22 minutes ago, CTM said:

no ctm is most not likely lying if there's conversions

to say that is making a ton of assumptions and is illogical 

better question.. why do you think one of you is dirty, and why are you talking about conversions. my guess is whomever brought it up is the converter

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

neighbors = doesn't determine alignment by definition  ... (can't quote , I'm on phone but check wiki)

there could be 2 scum and 1 town for all we know, nolder choose neighbor intentionally

I am good with pac dying because neighbor is also a role rarely (if ever)used here, my new to jn role should've rang true to all these boneheads .. crusher reaction seems most town 

From the wiki:

Play Advice

If you are one of three Neighbors, chances are reasonable that one of the other Neighbors is scum.

If you are one of four Neighbors, chances are very good that at least one of the other Neighbors is scum.

If there are multiple Neighborhoods in the same game, chances are very good that at least one of them has a scum Neighbor.

If you are one of more than four Neighbors, it is nearly certain that at least one representative of every anti-town faction is in the Neighborhood.

btw.. a good premise for a sitcom , jolly giant big fat guy, dooshy Mexican and narcissist gorilla driven by crippling insecurity all live on cul de sac together 

only thing missing would be a flirtatious twink  running around in short shorts and a t-shirt bra serving leomenade and baked goods .. where can we find one of those?

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

What if Pac, Ape and Crusher IS the scum team and they just admitted to it as part of a brilliant gambit, lol.

Timeline of events under the perspective of my theory:

1.  CTM comes right out of the gates with his reveal.

2.  Pac coasts in with a bunch of BS complaining about CTM.

3.  Ape complains about CTM making the game "All about him" again.

4.  Crusher decides to play the fat friendly innocent card. 

5.  Ape, in super jelly fashion because he always thinks about CTM before he goes to sleep every night, decides to one-up him with a scum gambit of his own.  He throws in Pac's little conversion theory because it'll get the town thinking about it, even when its a completely retarded theory. 

Last game Ape tried a "Go big or go home" strategy to go for the win and it didn't work out.  Perhaps he's doing it again?

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

btw.. a good premise for a sitcom , jolly giant big fat guy, dooshy Mexican and narcissist gorilla driven by crippling insecurity all live on cul de sac together 

only thing missing would be a flirtatious twink  running around in short shorts and a t-shirt bra serving leomenade and baked goods .. where can we find one of those?

Here's JiF, enticing Ape to come out of his tree house:

http://cache.reelz.com/photos/80000/74637/74637_glg.jpg

Archived