Ocean Mafia

Nolder

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, StraightCash said:

Wait, we should ignore it and use it later in the game... But then we should also lynch Pac??? Not following 

I'm not sure what is confusing here, and feel like you and 80 are manipulating it to hurt the credibility of what I'm saying.

Use the information about us being neighbors later in the game, I didn't reveal to force a decision about us now... which is what 80 is angling for and what I'm contesting. The notion that we have to do something about it right now is scummy. There's a lot of game to play. 

I think I've made it clear, I believe that IF 1 of the 3 of us is scum, then I think it's Pac right now. That said, I don't think we "have to" lynch from the 3 of us now. Personally, I'd like more time to read Crusher and Pac. I would also prefer lynching a top scum read, rather than lynching based on the assumption that 1/3 of us "has to be" scum. That is presumptuous. 

Which is why I'd prefer lynching my top scum read: 80.

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lynching Pac is the best decision today, for the following reasons:

1.  He's playing scummy.

2.  If he flips scum, we can pretty much put to bed the idea of there being conversions, since he was the source of the theory.

3.  It'll tell us more about the nature of the Neighbors and destroy my theory about them being scum together if he flips town.

ugh 80 i really don't want to lynch you first today as i thought you were town earlier but you are all over the place now. This neighbors claim has really brought your inner ape out

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you have no good reasons for avoiding a Pac lynch.  Even though you moved your vote to me BEFORE I presented my theory that all 3 of you are scum.  Got it.  This happened 2 hours ago:

Yea, you are treating this like a "gotcha". 

Preferring to vote my top read is the best reason there is. 

You're working awful hard to spin a narrative out of this... awful hard. I wish Jetscode were playing, he's one of the few that understood narrative building as a scum tactic.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not sure what is confusing here, and feel like you and 80 are manipulating it to hurt the credibility of what I'm saying.

Use the information about us being neighbors later in the game, I didn't reveal to force a decision about us now... which is what 80 is angling for and what I'm contesting. The notion that we have to do something about it right now is scummy. There's a lot of game to play. 

I think I've made it clear, I believe that IF 1 of the 3 of us is scum, then I think it's Pac right now. That said, I don't think we "have to" lynch from the 3 of us now. Personally, I'd like more time to read Crusher and Pac. I would also prefer lynching a top scum read, rather than lynching based on the assumption that 1/3 of us "has to be" scum. That is presumptuous. 

Which is why I'd prefer lynching my top scum read: 80.

Not going to argue with you because you can approach this however you want, but if I was in your shoes I'd prefer to lynch whichever one of my neighbors is the scummiest because the pool is smaller = better odds of success 

33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It does, and it makes a little more sense to me why you'd reveal early now.  But its still not something we can effectively ignore.  And of course the 3 of you can't exactly use the QT as masons would, so this doesn't seem like particularly advantageous town roles to me. 

dude.. find your meds and take a handful now.

Yes yes you can absolutely ignore it. It's a side game, nothing more,nothing less. Neighbors has no baring on any of their alignments

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, you can absolutely ignore it.

Like I said, it's proactive information. It's extremely scummy that you're trying to narrow the field to 1/3 of us on D1. The reveal is out there, it makes FAR more sense to take the information I've provided forward through the game, and use it when you've got more information to weigh it against.

Literally, the only reason I'm not pushing to end Pac right now, is because of how you're trying to manipulate the situation.

fml, ape is consistantly making sense past 2 pages.. the sky is no longer blue

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He can't keep his story straight.  Maybe he's not scum, but he's certainly bungling his explanation on the way we should be handling the reveal for sure.  And accusing me of being scum in part for calling him on it.

No, I've been pretty clear.

You're obfuscating it to create a narrative that I'm scum, or that I have no credibility, therefore nobody should follow my lead. 

It's okay.

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Not going to argue with you because you can approach this however you want, but if I was in your shoes I'd prefer to lynch whichever one of my neighbors is the scummiest because the pool is smaller = better odds of success 

are you not getting that all 3 can be town and they exist as neighbors just for a side game and nolder to jerk off too if they start suspecting one another using reasoning like you are  here?

I mean sh*t, if i was nolder i'd have stuck me, ape and pac in there and put in each of our pm's that one of your neighbors is likely/possibly scum. Made us all town and watched in delight as we attacked each other incessantly in qt and thread

lets all say it together... THIS IS A NULL TELL IN REGARDS TO ALIGNMENT

Nope, this is false logic. If there were a guarantee that 1/3 of us is scum, then yes, it would be the best odds. However, there is no guarantee, and therefore the best odds from my perpsective, is for me to follow my first instinct.

That's why I said ignore it until later if you want, because later there may be additional information that does provide more of a guarantee, or at least the better odds. 

Case in point, if a few non-neighbors die, and they are all town. The it amplifies the likelihood that scum has to be in the neighbors group. So, lynching exclusively from the neighbors group on D1 is dicey, and not something I want to rush into. Not if I have a better read elsewhere.

Like I said, the reveal is out there, Crusher, Pac and I are locked into it. There's no imperative to vet the reveal by lynching one of us on D1. We can, but it's not the ONLY play here which is what I'm arguing against, the notion that it's the ONLY thing to do.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

are you not getting that all 3 can be town and they exist as neighbors just for a side game and nolder to jerk off too if they start suspecting one another using reasoning like you are  here?

I think that's less likely than the alternative. I don't know why you are so inclined this way.

Just now, StraightCash said:

Not interested in Pac anymore?

Figures, as soon as I settle on having a list... you go and add yourself right back to it.

This pot-shots you're taking at very townie like play between JIF and I reeks of scum play dude. You aren't scum hunting, you are undermining townies as they find their way.

Gotta reconfigure my fancy list.

Jesus you're all over the place. You were just saying you'd lynch Pac if you didn't feel so strong about 80

I've been up since 2AM. I updated my list before you quoted this. He's in there... and another attempt to undermine a strong townie play, noted.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

80's reaction to how I came at your reveal was putrid.

80's reaction to my reveal was putrid.

Top suspects: 80, AVM, Pac and Leelou

This guy is pretty smart. 

I think I like his list, but will update it to say: 80, Brett, Pac, AVM and maybe a hunchie-hunch about Leelou.

13 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I think that's less likely than the alternative. I don't know why you are so inclined this way.

it is less likely just from a #'s perspective.. is 1/4 of the game is scum,  the odds of at least any single person in any 3 people grouping being scum is 83 1/3% i believe

Just now, Integrity28 said:

This guy is pretty smart. 

I think I like his list, but will update it to say: 80, Brett, Pac, AVM and maybe a hunchie-hunch about Leelou.

Good list, dude. You're a great addition to the community. Really hope you play more.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

More interested in Bret and 80 doing everything they can to keep the focus of the game on the neighbors and defying logic.

they could just be stupid townies, like the guy (for scum) that's posting but avoiding

JiF and Ape are not playing great town games.  I know this because they're accusing me, a townie, of doing something I'm not doing.  I'm not building a narrative.  I'm playing the game.  Which I know gets people lynched these days while others can just come in, post twice, and disappear for days at a time without getting any votes.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF and Ape are not playing great town games.  I know this because they're accusing me, a townie, of doing something I'm not doing.  I'm not building a narrative.  I'm playing the game.  Which I know gets people lynched these days. 

God, you're awful at this.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF and Ape are not playing great town games.  I know this because they're accusing me, a townie, of doing something I'm not doing.  I'm not building a narrative.  I'm playing the game.  Which I know gets people lynched these days. 

What do you think of Brett's play? 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF and Ape are not playing great town games.  I know this because they're accusing me, a townie, of doing something I'm not doing.  I'm not building a narrative.  I'm playing the game.  Which I know gets people lynched these days while others can just come in, post twice, and disappear for days at a time. 

I feel 100% the same way. Preach!

Archived