Ocean Mafia

Nolder

Note that I realize my theory is probably "out there" and the stronger likelihood is that they really are neighbors.  But if we lynch one of them and he turns out scum, we also shouldn't assume that "clears" the other 2 at all.  3 people sharing a QT in a game where there is likely 3 scum seems awfully convenient.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What if Pac, Ape and Crusher IS the scum team and they just admitted to it as part of a brilliant gambit, lol.

i'd suggest that you get back on your meds derpina.

lets make this clear

Them revealing as neighbors means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as to their alignment. ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO. They should each and everyone of them be treated as unknowns just like the rest of us.  All 3 could be scum, 0 could be, 1, 2.. who knows, and that is the point of the role, not to confirm any of them. It's a side game nothing else.

Given the above I'm not sure what would be brilliant about basically shining a light on themselves for no perceivable benefit

Just now, CTM said:

i'd suggest that you get back on your meds derpina.

lets make this clear

Them revealing as neighbors means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as to their alignment. ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO. They should each and everyone of them be treated as unknowns just like the rest of us.  All 3 could be scum, 0 could be, 1, 2.. who knows, and that is the point of the role, not to confirm any of them. It's a side game nothing else.

Given the above I'm not sure what would be brilliant about basically shining a light on themselves for no perceivable benefit

It's the Ape we're talking about.  He's an ego-centric monster who already complained about someone else taking the spotlight off of him.  I'm not saying its likely, only possible.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Note that I realize my theory is probably "out there" and the stronger likelihood is that they really are neighbors.  But if we lynch one of them and he turns out scum, we also shouldn't assume that "clears" the other 2 at all.

but not cause it'sa  gambit, it can legitimately be 2 scum and 1 townie.. that's the point of the role. It has no bearing on alignment

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Haven't we previously decided that calling for mod-kills is generally an anti-town move?  We lose all the information from that player's death, no?  Serious question here, because its been a while I've seen anyone do this like the Ape is right now.

Just stop talking, you started out well and now I can't even find a reason to tell people you're town.  It is crystal clear he's trolling CTM.  Are you new?

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Conversions make no sense whatso-f*ckin-ever.  What kind of fish gets converted from peaceful kelp-eaters to f*ckin sharks?  Marine biologists are reading this sh*t and laughing.  Stupid Pac.

Hey ****head, Nolder had the setup already and tossed this theme on top.  Is there a part of that which remains unclear to you?

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

only thing missing would be a flirtatious twink  running around in short shorts and a t-shirt bra serving leomenade and baked goods .. where can we find one of those?

I'm available on Fridays and every other Saturday.

Just now, CTM said:

but not cause it'sa  gambit, it can legitimately be 2 scum and 1 townie.. that's the point of the role. It has no bearing on alignment

Unless Ape is lying about the role.  Are you taking his claim at face value?  We can be reasonably confident they're in a QT together.  Earlier, Ape posted a quote from the QT that looked authentic with the "gray outline" around it.  The likelihood is very high that they really all are in a QT together.  But it could be a Scum QT. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Unless Ape is lying about the role.  Are you taking his claim at face value?  We can be reasonably confident they're in a QT together.  Earlier, Ape posted a quote from the QT that looked authentic with the "gray outline" around it.  The likelihood is very high that they really all are in a QT together.  But it could be a Scum QT. 

dude.. yes they are talking in QT, but it means nothing as to their alignment. Zip zero zilch.. treat them all as unknowns

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Just stop talking, you started out well and now I can't even find a reason to tell people you're town.  It is crystal clear he's trolling CTM.  Are you new?

Hey ****head, Nolder had the setup already and tossed this theme on top.  Is there a part of that which remains unclear to you?

I'm available on Fridays and every other Saturday.

Don't need you to defend my towniness.  GFY.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The part about Crusher not fighting against the possibility of being scum, Pac being too quiet, and Ape saying we should lynch from the pool of those 3 then 5 minutes later voting someone outside of his 2 neighbors....all of that stinks.

Nobody accused me of being scum.  They accuse one of the three of us for being scum.  Still possible Ape or Pac is scum.  This is real poor logic on your part. 

10 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

*sits on Crusher's lap and takes it easy*

Dont take it too easy.  Still have a couple people missing from a year ago after sliding through my lap and disappearing.  If nothing else we will need to tie a safety cord around your ever slimming waist. 

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's the Ape we're talking about.  He's an ego-centric monster who already complained about someone else taking the spotlight off of him.  I'm not saying its likely, only possible.

sure it's possible , what I am saying is their claim is a null tell on alignment for  anyone of them 

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It would be very risky to do as scum. I think that situation will start to work itself out through the course of the game. The one that seems the most scummy of the 3 so far is Pac. 

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dont take it too easy.  Still have a couple people missing from a year ago after sliding through my lap and disappearing.  If nothing else we will need to tie a safety cord around your ever slimming waist. 

But I need a hug. And I don't want one from 80. He has virgin cooties.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Immediately. Not as a result of pressure. His theory seems tied to speculating whether all 3 of us could be town or not, to begin the game.

Then why did he come out and question CTM, call bull sh*t to the reveal but vote the noob instead of CTM?  Why did it take him till today to vote him? 

It wasn't obvious to me like it was to AVM and Leelou.

You just told us you want us to lynch form your pool of 3.  Well then we have to look at you, Pac and Crusher's play.  So yeah, expect some scrutiny.

After we have clarity in the game, yes. I wasn't insisting we do it now.

1 hour ago, StraightCash said:

Kind of where I'm at. I think Ape is town (more so than Pac and Crush)... So from his perspective (him knowing he is town) he should have a 50/50 shot at nailing scum between Crush and Pac. I'm surprised they aren't getting more scrutiny from him.

the only argument against Pac is he is laying low, and he did that last game and was scum, right?

I've already made clear I'm town reading Crusher. I called Pac scum 2 posts into the QT, which Crusher can confirm if he wants. If Pac is scum, it'll become obvious, but "laying low" isn't enough for me. What more would you like as far as scrutiny goes? I've already made clear I'm working on changing my meta... I'm curious why you sayyou see me as town, but then undermine my motives by suggesting I'm not doing enough... it's backhanded.

Correct.  Nothing much has changed regarding Pac's play since last game.  He did exactly as CTM was laughing about yesterday:  Stumbled in, drunkenly posted some insults and a picture of a naked dude, then disappeared again.  Sounds par for the course.

Your play hasn't changed either, but you want me to believe you are not scum, right?

1 hour ago, CTM said:

no ctm is most not likely lying if there's conversions

to say that is making a ton of assumptions and is illogical 

better question.. why do you think one of you is dirty, and why are you talking about conversions. my guess is whomever brought it up is the converter

Bold: if I spell it out for you, will you then pretend that you were playing along? You idiot.

Other sentence: all this has been covered. Read.

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Nobody accused me of being scum.  They accuse one of the three of us for being scum.  Still possible Ape or Pac is scum.  This is real poor logic on your part. 

Poor logic?  If we lynch from your pool, 33 % chance you'll be one of those that finds the noose.  Just because no one is accusing you doesn't mean you won't be.  Pac and Ape flip town, you'd look like scum.  What would you say then?

57 minutes ago, CTM said:

the quoting on this board stinks as badly as one might imagine pac's fat, sweaty, swampy ass does after a night of deep fried bean and cheese burritos chased with a 5th of  cheap tequila 

I still don't know how to change parts of the posts you quote.  I'm stupid and all but this system is bad too.

Conversions make no sense whatso-f*ckin-ever.  What kind of fish gets converted from peaceful kelp-eaters to f*ckin sharks?  Marine biologists are reading this sh*t and laughing.  Stupid Pac.

You're pulling a Smash here...

1 hour ago, CTM said:

pingy post.. 

Yes, agreed. You can take credit if he is, but he's pinging me like crazy with his posts right now.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

townie post

Yes, agreed.

How do you know the conversions would be to sharks?

Again, you cannot dismiss conversions based on theme. The game was not designed to suit the theme, the theme is just window dressing. It could have just as easily been vegetables, or sex toys... why do you keep bringing this up? 

You may be 100% right, but that doesn't make what I'm saying inaccurate. 

1 hour ago, CTM said:

also the fact that these aholes are neighbors is telling

masons = all town by definition 

neighbors = doesn't determine alignment by definition  ... (can't quote , I'm on phone but check wiki)

there could be 2 scum and 1 town for all we know, nolder choose neighbor intentionally

I am good with pac dying because neighbor is also a role rarely (if ever)used here, my new to jn role should've rang true to all these boneheads .. crusher reaction seems most town 

Duh.

Get on my level, stupid.

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Timeline of events under the perspective of my theory:

1.  CTM comes right out of the gates with his reveal.

2.  Pac coasts in with a bunch of BS complaining about CTM.

3.  Ape complains about CTM making the game "All about him" again.

4.  Crusher decides to play the fat friendly innocent card. 

5.  Ape, in super jelly fashion because he always thinks about CTM before he goes to sleep every night, decides to one-up him with a scum gambit of his own.  He throws in Pac's little conversion theory because it'll get the town thinking about it, even when its a completely retarded theory. 

Last game Ape tried a "Go big or go home" strategy to go for the win and it didn't work out.  Perhaps he's doing it again?

So your theory is the neighbors are all scum playing a gambit? 

Archived