Report: Wilkerson to Receive Franchise Tag

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Dude...he went from 5 sacks in 2012 to 10 in 2013 when he was playing with better players. Do your homework. Leonard Williams is still just a little boy, 21 years old, just replace that almost 16 million with Leo & some free agent LBs and let's get back to the business of chasing QBs and getting off the field on 3rd down. I would definitely take 3 free agents in areas of need over Mo Wilkerson. It's depth that has killed this team. 

Dude, sacks aren't the name of the game. My homework has neen done, I've presented all the information all offseason. They're not giving up their best player for some longshot, unknown LBers. Imagine as many FAs as you want to get for Mo's tag price (let alone a smaller extension hit later on), that doesn't make it reality. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Mo signing a reasonable deal is not a longshot, it's probably the most likely outcome. 

then we agree that a long term deal at a reasonable price (matching his value) would be best.  There you go.   None of us know if Mo has been reasonable or not in his demands.  If he is not, then he'll be gone.  No doubt about that.

52 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  Whatever.  When your argument has zero merit or credibility, you resort to this.  You are pathetic. And completely wrong on this issue.  Your opinion on what the Jets should give Wilk is dumb. Thank God you don't make decisions for the team.

Butt hurt globs of meat? How old are you really?

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

then we agree that a long term deal at a reasonable price (matching his value) would be best.  There you go.  

Yes, it's unfortunate that some of you don't get just how valuable he is and fool heartedly believe Harrison should hold priority over him.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Yes, it's unfortunate that some of you don't get just how valuable he is and fool heartedly believe Harrison should hold priority over him.

I like Harrison. He's a ssolid NT and a great run stuffer.  But I never said he was a priority over DE.    I think Harrison has very good value, but I do not value him any higher than Mo.  So before you make a counter argument to one I never made. I did say that you undervalue Harrison and I still believe that. 

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

None of us know if Mo has been reasonable or not in his demands.  

Some of you seem pretty sure. In fact, this directly contradicts a statement you made that something would be done if he was reasonable. Unbelievable this crowd this offseason

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He can't prove any of his points, so this is what we get.  It's pretty funny actually.

So are you back in for the silly insult game? LOLZ whatever is convenient, right? 

When you guys come down from broing out and replace the globs of meat in your heads with sense, you will understand how dumb you're being.

Just now, SenorGato said:

Some of you seem pretty sure. In fact, this directly contradicts a statement you made that something would be done if he was reasonable. Unbelievable this crowd this offseason..

I said something "could" have been done if "both sides" were being reasonable. Must you always lie and distort what other people say?  Is your argument that week that this is your only resort?

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

just stating the facts m'aam.

Oooooh yeah, you're the guy who didn't know what facts were. That was an opinion, you nitwit. The facts are and have been that you have none, no matter how angwy and upset that makes you and how personally you take it. You can't even consistently say the same thing, that's how pathetic this has gotten for you. 

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Oooooh yeah, you're the guy who didn't know what facts were. That was an opinion, you nitwit. The facts are and have been that you have none, no matter how angwy and upset that makes you and how personally you take it. You can't even consistently say the same thing, that's how pathetic this has gotten for you. 

yawn.  You are boring.  

And wrong.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I like Harrison. He's a ssolid NT and a great run stuffer.  But I never said he was a priority over DE.    I think Harrison has very good value, but I do not value him any higher than Mo.  So before you make a counter argument to one I never made. I did say that you undervalue Harrison and I still believe that. 

I don't undervalue Harrison, so don't believe that either. You couldn't show why or how I underrate Harrison, hence ending your post there to go back to insults after crying about insults being silly. You're all over the place, which isn't surprising because you legitimately have no idea what you're talking about. 

It is nice to know that, despite all your blundering, you know Wilkerson is more valuable than Harrison. 

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yawn.  You are boring.  

And wrong.

I'm intereresting enough that, weeks later, you're butthurt, angwy, and emotional enough to be doing this yet again. Your opinion that I'm wrong, about who knows what, is fine to have in the sense that you have lots of dumb opinions. There is a gap between your fantasies/imaginings and reality, sorry you can't just accept it and it makes you emotional.

14 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I'm intereresting enough that, weeks later, you're butthurt, angwy, and emotional enough to be doing this yet again. Your opinion that I'm wrong, about who knows what, is fine to have in the sense that you have lots of dumb opinions. There is a gap between your fantasies/imaginings and reality, sorry you can't just accept it and it makes you emotional.

I was wrong.  You are not just  boring. You are incredibly boring.  Parrot.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I was wrong.  You are not just  boring. You are incredibly boring.  Parrot.

LOLZ, see you next time you become interested yet again this offseason. Later today, maybe? However quickly you can rub some ointment on the butthurt, I assume.

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

LOLZ, see you next time you become interested yet again this offseason. Later today, maybe? However quickly you can rub some ointment on the butthurt, I assume.

Well if Mo stays we'll get to see how disruptive he is without Snacks & Richardson (prob. Suspended for 1st 4 games). At 15.7 million he better be Watt/Bennett disruptive, that's all I have to say on it if we can't find a trading partner. Plus, because we have to pay him so much the depth & special teams will probably suffer also, so you have to take that into account also, we'll see.

Always fun here at Jet Nation.  I can actually imagine Senor Gato as Robert Downey Jr as a black man!

I would love t keep Mo and the whole line in tact but we can't..  We have too many needs elsewhere to invest that type of money.  Mo has been a great Jet and I wouldn't want to see him leave but this is a business and its all about the numbers.  I believe Sheldon is the the better player so he is should be the higher priority IF you trust he can stay out of trouble.  The Big Cat could very well be like or better than Mo after time.  There are no guarantees but I would take my chances on that.  We need an edge rusher badly and if it comes at the cost of Mo than sadly I would do it.   

I'm not sure what Damon's numbers are looking like but I would like him to be resigned but I think someone will throw him an offer he cannot refuse nor we can match. 

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Well if Mo stays we'll get to see how disruptive he is without Snacks & Richardson (prob. Suspended for 1st 4 games). At 15.7 million he better be Watt/Bennett disruptive, that's all I have to say on it if we can't find a trading partner. Plus, because we have to pay him so much the depth & special teams will probably suffer also, so you have to take that into account also, we'll see.

He'll stay, he'll he good, you and this ragtag bunch of meatheads will survive, the world will move on, and Woody and friends will still be making sh*t tons of money. Imaginary doomsday scenarios....arbitrary deadlines....none of that actually matters. It's simple - keep the top talent and find a QB. 

Archived