Will Jets make the Bills mistake years later?

Jetster

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Fair points except the elephant in the room.  If not Fitz;

Who is the jets QB next year, how much will he cost, how many years do we have to commit to him, are we prepared to have a worse QB situation and have no hope for a reasonable year?

Would you want Fitzy and go 8-8 while paying him 12mil or would you prefer Geno and going 8-8 or better while paying him nothing more than what hes scheduled to earn?

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So you think that Fitz is the same guy, same QB he was when with the Bills?  That he played this past season like he did with the Bills.  That the situations are the same.  

But mostly what you are saying is that signing Fitz is a mistake that will hurt the team.

How is this thread different that the countless others that debate whether he should be signed and at what cost threads

He won 7 games vs 6 teams picking in the top 10 of the upcoming draft. I'm just not OVERPAYING, no way, no how.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

He won 7 games vs 6 teams picking in the top 10 of the upcoming draft. I'm just not OVERPAYING, no way, no how.

Who said anything about overpaying?  I've made it clear I dont think they should overpay him.  That he's got nowhere to go, has no leverage.

But youre saying we'll make the same mistake the Bills did.  For that to be they have to pay him like the Bills did and he has to regress to what he was with the Bills

Thats why I asked a simple question, do you think hes the same QB he was with the Bills

Never mind one of the last teams I would try to copy is the Bills, use them as my guide

5 hours ago, LockeJET said:

2 YEARS 25 MILLION - 20 GUARANTEED...This is what I think he should get...Not what he deserves but what he should get in this nutty market.

No way. That's more than Brady gets. Fitz belongs in the Schaub-Hoyer-Vick range.

2 hours ago, j4jets said:

lol, he was below average. Stop wanking off to him.

Well, you guys gotta stop kneeling in front of me with open mouths....

Statistically, it was the best season by a Jets QB in eons. That's a fact, whether you like it or not.

17 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Statistically, it was the best season by a Jets QB in eons. That's a fact, whether you like it or not.

Those QB personal stats produced nothing in the end. That's a fact whether you like it or not.

4 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Statistically, Dee Millimer didn't give up a single pass. 

Statistically, sh*tzpatrick couldn't reach the playoffs with the easiest schedule in the league after having a franchise record setting season. 

Statistically, Fitz paced himself to throw for 12 additional ints had he played 4 more quarters against Ryan D. Yeah, that fat bastard Ryan that's garbage. He made your savior look like Tim Couch. 

I think there is a possibility that we are all kind of ignoring and no one really wants to hear that we don't over pay Fitz and instead give Geno (who "won the qb competition" last season) a shot. Fitz gave us 100% on every game he played and he I was pleanty happy with how he played but if another team offers him to much we do have other options.

11 hours ago, fltflo said:

As I have stated in other posts, Fitz is a hold the fort backup. That what he was hired for and in the end that is all he will be.

Paying him large dollars and keeping him under center is just delaying the inevitable. An I like Fitzy, thought he did okay playing a very easy schedule. Next season not going to be so easy. Defenses have figured out how to beat the Jets with Fitz under center.

I don't know what the answer is, but I can tell you, long term, it not Fitz.

Personally I would rather have two poor seasons while a youngster gets up to speed, be it a new rookie or Petty or even Geno , if he can finally step up. Then to play Fitz as our starter for two years of 9 or 10 wins if we are lucky, and watch the Pats take the division both years again. An then have to begin this whole damn process all over again.

The Jets finished like 5-1. How exactly did the league figure out how to beat then?

you deserve Geno. 

27 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

The Jets finished like 5-1. How exactly did the league figure out how to beat then?

you deserve Geno. 

5-1 against the softest teams in the league. And you want to build a statue for fitz for that LOL

best season ever by a Jets QB, yeah...i'll call it a dream season.

It was a great season by Fritz, yet one must judge it by the end result.

Now imagine a QB who can get the ball deep with accuracy and put him in the same situation, result, playoffs.

Face it folks, Rex set the blueprint for how each team is going to try and play us next season. He exposed Fritz's flaws twice the second time with a totally banged up team and a mediocre QB.

Can you just see what will happen this season playing much better competitors.

12 hours ago, predator_05 said:

best season ever by a Jets QB, yeah...i'll call it a dream season.

It was not the best season ever, not even close.  I'm not sure it was top 5.  not when you choke away a playoff spot w/ playoff talent in the biggest game.  #s are great, wins are better.

40 minutes ago, fltflo said:

It was a great season by Fritz, yet one must judge it by the end result.

Now imagine a QB who can get the ball deep with accuracy and put him in the same situation, result, playoffs.

Face it folks, Rex set the blueprint for how each team is going to try and play us next season. He exposed Fritz's flaws twice the second time with a totally banged up team and a mediocre QB.

Can you just see what will happen this season playing much better competitors.

Just pay him 2 million over backup money (7-9 million). No one is looking to bring Fitz in to start except the Jets & he certainly won't get anyone's fans pumped up if they are trying to sell seats to games. He can't throw deep accurately so he doesn't help Houston (Hopkins). The Rams WRs are too small for him to find. 

Jets are the perfect scenario for him for so many reasons it's ridiculous. Doesn't move his family again, he's wanted & liked here, his teammates like Mangold bonded with him, he's got 2 big stud WRs, Mac will get him another RB with hands & hopefully resign Powell, his line is decent enough to not get him killed, he's set financially from the stupid contract the Bills gave him years ago, other than him choosing retirement I think it's a given he's a Jet in 2016. Mac is in no hurry, he's just gonna let Fitz agent stew in his own juices with no one else to talk to. No other team is coming to the table with 10 million per year for Fitz. 

10 hours ago, predator_05 said:

that's exactly why we don't just rely on out of context stats.  

14 hours ago, AFJF said:

They didn't franchise him, did they.  They could get outbid for the younger, more promising QB.

He has more value to Denver than anyone and this guy is so unproven that only a true dumb team will give him a huge deal. (imo)

14 hours ago, AFJF said:

They didn't franchise him, did they.  They could get outbid for the younger, more promising QB.

Lot of people think they already have a handshake deal with Osweiler. It's a great fit, he knows the offense ect. Doubt he'd get poached. 

21 hours ago, Jetster said:

Are we being held hostage by Ryan Fitzpatrick? Think about what we're saying. Going into last season he was a backup journeyman bouncing around 6 teams, now? He's the NY Jets only hope,lol. 

If that doesn't tell you bad the QB situation in the NFL is what does? I don't know about you guys but our schedule isn't the light weight it was last year. Listen, I like Fitzy, he's tough gutsy, but let's be serious, did he even once hit someone in stride without the WR having to make a highlight catch? This offseason is huge for the future of this team and as a long time Jet fan I'm praying that Mac & Bowles stick to their guns on what they feel Fitz is worth. 

Don't make a mistake like the Bills did years ago & overpay this guy to go 8-8. That's what will happen if we have no cap money to fill any other holes. If we don't sign Fitz it's because Mac is thinking about our future, not just next year and I'll be supporting that decision. At 1st I didn't want to go to 8 million but I'm sure that unrealistic, but going over 10 would just be insane, the thought that the Patriots are paying Tom Brady, 9 in 2016 & 10 in 2017 makes me want to hurl! Say hello to the 2016 & 2017 AFC East winners again Jet fans.

He's a STOPGAP. What more do you want? And better yet, WTF is going to replace today and do a better job? You need to stop pissing and moaning.

29 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

He's a STOPGAP. What more do you want? And better yet, WTF is going to replace today and do a better job? You need to stop pissing and moaning.

Pissing & moaning. You make it seem like no ones ever read your threads in these forums. No Jet fan has been as negative as you over the past 3 years. That's right, he's stop gap, so don't pay him like he's anything more.

Once again, my issue with Fritz is, he is not a long term solution. Is Petty ready to step in, then let's get him the game day experience he needs. If not, know you guys are going to hate this one, can Geno finally step up and get the job done. If not lets go get a young prospect and get this show on the road. Keeping Fitz under center just give us a semi fun season that ends after 16 games.

If that is going to be the case give me a semi crappy season with our young franchise QB getting the seasoning to take us into the future

13 hours ago, Jetster said:

Pissing & moaning. You make it seem like no ones ever read your threads in these forums. No Jet fan has been as negative as you over the past 3 years. That's right, he's stop gap, so don't pay him like he's anything more.

Who said they were going to? He deserves a pay raise, that's clear. But thinking his pay will get out of control is clearly a problem you are making up. The Jets are not stupid.

Archived