"Snacks" unlikely to return

Paradis

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We should've followed JGB's advice and signed Snacks week 15 for the league minimum (which I'm sure he would've accepted because why bother waiting a couple of weeks to really cash in). 

Obsession is even less attractive than stupidity. Remember that. 

11 hours ago, #bman said:

I think they will replace Snacks with Dion Simon and a lower costing Vet. Basically just couple of guys to eat up some blockers. Hopefully they sign Powell and a LB with that money saved from Damon.

Why does everyone think Deon Simon is the answer?  He did not play last year and is coming off a serious knee injury.

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

To you it is.  First of all he said Revis and Mo.  Theyre worth it to the HC.  

Again, we're tight on the cap because of players who are vets, getting max money.  I'm thinking DBrick, Mangold, Harris.  Theres more in those three than in the two best defensive players on the roster.   

We are on the hook for more $$$ on our OL than any other team in the league. $39.5m, approximately. Next highest is Minn on about $33.5, and other than that only Philly are above $30m.

4 of our top 11 cap hits (currently) are OL.

Mo may cost a lot, but he produces on the field ... our OL is not providing value for money.

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I prefer Wilk,Richardson and Williams up front. Thanks Snacks good luck except when you are playing the Jets. 

I actually don't. I think Snacks at half the price of Wilk is more valuable than Mo. We almost have to trade Mo, unless we start mortgaging the future which would be really poor judgement with our very old team. Let them all go and get a ton of compensatory picks next year.,

55 minutes ago, jamesr said:

We are on the hook for more $$$ on our OL than any other team in the league. $39.5m, approximately. Next highest is Minn on about $33.5, and other than that only Philly are above $30m.

4 of our top 11 cap hits (currently) are OL.

Mo may cost a lot, but he produces on the field ... our OL is not providing value for money.

why i think a ballsy move would be to either trade back, or deal mo for a high 2nd, and take ryan kelly.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

they will likely sign a NT and use Simon as depth.

i agree.  if you have wilk, sheldon and williams you don't need an expensive NT as well.  that has to be the logic here.  that's why mccags said in a perfect world you keep everyone.  they also don't need to overspend on rbs as there are enough in FA and the draft.  the real issue is what are they doing to do with brick since he really messes up the cap this year.

This really does suck a fat one. Is there ANY of our free agents that we are going to be able to resign? I mean this is f*cking ridiculous. Bilal Powel? Fitz? Snacks?

Hell, I wasn't  even asking for Mo Wilk. I figured the Jets would be smart and deal him for extra picks before he left after next season. No dice on anything. This team sucks and our GM is decidedly no longer the executive of the year.

I think Mac is looking offense, offense, offense. This is a scoring league and while defensive excellence is appreciated, unless you are truly dominant in the pass rush area, it gets you nowhere. The Pats have not had a top defense in most of their SB years, good, but not great. The offense however, was great because of Brady. Denver was an aberration winning with a depleted Peyton Manning, but they dominated Cam Newton with the pass rush. Snacks was appreciated by the fans, but he will go for the bucks...wouldn't you?

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

I think Mac is looking offense, offense, offense. This is a scoring league and while defensive excellence is appreciated, unless you are truly dominant in the pass rush area, it gets you nowhere. The Pats have not had a top defense in most of their SB years, good, but not great. The offense however, was great because of Brady. Denver was an aberration winning with a depleted Peyton Manning, but they dominated Cam Newton with the pass rush. Snacks was appreciated by the fans, but he will go for the bucks...wouldn't you?

for all we know he's trying to figure out how to get paxton lynch.  he inherited a team with no long-term solution at qb, got lucky last year, and still needs a long-term solution at qb.  remember, mccags came from houston where they had no qb.  he doesn't want to turn the jets into houston-east where they have to hold the other team to 13 points to win.

6 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Great post.  Very true. 

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dude we get it. Sarcasm and stuff.  It's ok to stop now. Thanks.

Fine, fine....I'll stick to more popular and pallatable stuff:

Gee, I sure hope the Jets can be good without spending too much of our money. 

45 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

This really does suck a fat one. Is there ANY of our free agents that we are going to be able to resign? I mean this is f*cking ridiculous. Bilal Powel? Fitz? Snacks?

Hell, I wasn't  even asking for Mo Wilk. I figured the Jets would be smart and deal him for extra picks before he left after next season. No dice on anything. This team sucks and our GM is decidedly no longer the executive of the year.

Is there ever a single moment when you don't bring the drama?

You are the worst over-reactor I have ever witnessed on a Jets message board. 

Archived