Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

Quoting is a pain in the ass so I copy/pasted below. Not a lot to go on since Pac was MIA but maybe that's a good thing....below is a quote from Halia. 

On March 23, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Lily said:

I don't like the way Brett is riding Leelou over a misunderstanding (on his part, no less.) I understood what Leelou meant. 

Vote Brett

I wasn't seeing it.

On March 23, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Verbal said:

^ I doubt Brett is scum here, folks.

How do people feel, after the Verb flip regarding this interaction?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

what of my logic hasn't been town? I was just analyzing the Night result based on only scum dying

I'm referring to thinks you inferred from D1 interactions. I wouldn't expect you to agree with what I picked up on, so is there really a point to me over-explaining it? I'm either right or wrong. I feel like I'm right.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ohhh so NOW people care about the scenes!  I see how it is.  :)

Mod Note:  The death scenes, for your purposes, are pure flavor.  I also already promised previously that this would not be a cult game, and have not gone back on that promise. 

Alright cool. I'm not going to lie, I didn't pay attention to anything you said about scenes previously. 

On March 29, 2016 at 2:38 PM, Hallia said:

I agree with you from what I've read so far, CTM :wub:

THere's this too fwiw...and she didn't trust all 4 mason teams. That's about it. Only other ping was when I looked up on her history page there was a ton of reputations given out by Brett. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ohhh so NOW people care about the scenes!  I see how it is.  :)

Mod Note:  The death scenes, for your purposes, are pure flavor.  I also already promised previously that this would not be a cult game, and have not gone back on that promise. 

Good, I was prepared to find you and kill you if it was.

11 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

This is also ridiculous because I don't even know what you mean by saying process of elimination = Brett

you are making a bunch of assumptions, 1 that you think there had to be scum on Lily's train, and 2 that you buy the mason claim. 

Also you can't really analyze Lily's train like that. We both moved over to hammer Verbal but were ninjad by Spoot

Regardless, vote Spoot, I thought he was scummy earlier, and I think Ape exposed him about holding off on making a voting decision until it was close enough that he could use consolidation as an excuse

I know it's an assumption to think that there's scum on Lily's train, but it's a logical assumption. ~30% of the game is scum. There are 5 votes there. So, from a sheer probability standpoint, at least one is likely scum. The add, votes aren't really spread out anywhere else, so it's not as-if I pick a random train. I picked the only other viable train as a starting point.

Logical assumptions are a good place to start. This is where I'm starting.

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

And Pac is officially the biggest pussy in mafia.  He would have completely kept his RL cover to end game if he could.  

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's recently become a scum tell for him. Poor Hallia, very grateful that she stepped in, but it was obvious he was dirty and she wasn't long for the game.

100%, the panocha did the same thing to Jif and I as scum a few games back. But what is this it's obvious he was dirty sh*t? Just cause he was MIA?

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

100%, the panocha did the same thing to Jif and I as scum a few games back. But what is this it's obvious he was dirty sh*t? Just cause he was MIA?

His post right around the time he got replaced. It was obvious when he opened his mouth. I would have shot him, if I had the ability. Alas, I cannot take credit for it.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

His post right around the time he got replaced. It was obvious when he opened his mouth. I would have shot him, if I had the ability. Alas, I cannot take credit for it.

interesting, I did not notice that but if you did..

anyway vote Brett

I didn't like his post scene post at all

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Basically what I'm saying is this game is a sh*t-show right now.  My apologies for that.  Hopefully when D2 begins we can get back to some normalcy.

this is the kind of thing that happens when I'm not around to steer the ship.

13 minutes ago, HessStation said:

THere's this too fwiw...and she didn't trust all 4 mason teams. That's about it. Only other ping was when I looked up on her history page there was a ton of reputations given out by Brett. 

ehh, she's agreeing with me that no psl was trolling us. I remember not being sure what she meant when she said that and it took a bit to figure out

the rep thing is kinda interesting though, but pretty stupid if they were teammates lol

41 minutes ago, JiF said:

And Pac is officially the biggest pussy in mafia.  He would have completely kept his RL cover to end game if he could.  

lol... there was no "cover".. I didn't bring my laptop to the golf course.

I actually forgot I was scum until about 3 minutes ago.

Just now, Pac said:

You're dead, arguing with a live player... STOP.

16 minutes ago, HessStation said:

When she was re reading she gave me tons of rep, I think she just went rep crazy. I was just being a smartass in return 

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Save it for endgame, please.  Already had to threaten a MK on one player earlier in the game. 

15 hours ago, Pac said:

What did I miss?

Oh..  I've been replaced.  No problem I didn't have nearly the downtime I thought I would.  I have to get back to work tomorrow and I'll be way behind there otherwise I would volunteer to replace someone.  I'll be back in the mafia at some point..  just not a lot of time right now.

This is the post @CTM, I just feel like he was trying WAYYYY too hard to make it sound like there wasn't a back-channel conversation about his inactivity.

Also, if it were a townie, he'd have been replaced sooner I think. Him being scum, they probably chose collectively to just let him skate by on RL excuses. A townie would have just said "too busy, replace me" and done.

That's how I look at it, at least.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

holy crap look at these bitches...  as if I even know anyones alignment lol.

what part about I have no idea what's going on don't you understand.

pussies.

dude, arguing with jif about whether or not you hide could lead someone to infer something about jifs alignment. go away

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

holy crap look at these bitches...  as if I even know anyones alignment lol.

what part about I have no idea what's going on don't you understand.

pussies.

When it comes to gamesmanship, I expect more from you. What a dick.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

This is the post @CTM, I just feel like he was trying WAYYYY too hard to make it sound like there wasn't a back-channel conversation about his inactivity.

Also, if it were a townie, he'd have been replaced sooner I think. Him being scum, they probably chose collectively to just let him skate by on RL excuses. A townie would have just said "too busy, replace me" and done.

That's how I look at it, at least.

i got you. Well he was in fact scum, if someone else reacted the way you did it 100% puts a sharp vig in play

48 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

For recording purposes.

On the Lily train, we've got doc claim, mason claim, brett and me. Process of elimination, granted with limited info = Brett. I'd add that he's not interrogating. He's pretty clearly sitting back and nudging things (nudged the suspicion on JIF with comments like "can JIF be this obvious", without really going after him the way he's gone after me when he thought I was scum in past few games). 

Long story short, Brett isn't scum hunting, or viewing the game with town logic.

...And he is back.  vote ape

Just now, Calder said:

You guys are fiesty on this site. Argue with each other post-death even.

Yes, indeed. Thank you for coming over and joining in by the way... I'm "John McClane" over on DM, people usually call me Ape. No idea why. LOL

Archived