Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CTM said:

spoot being vocally willing to be lynched isn't something I can see first time scum doing 

eh, I can... he would have team mates if scum

was worth tinkering with the idea of going back to spoot today... JIF's reaction was gross

lily v. brett was the only real option here, competing claims... 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Problem for me is 80 stated in the QT and PR  we are all town Mason's.  So the fact that all if a sudden the rules are changes makes the game stupid .  Call it a bastard mod game.  I don't do bastard mod games.  

And with that, I agree that it's more likely all of you or none of you are scum.  But if none of you are scum, and there are three of you and only 2 in Lily's group...when she has the same role as someone else...meh.  Something doesn't fit in somewhere.

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

it's not gaming the mod to want some level of understanding of what is and is not part of what we need to consider... i'm about 1 more stupid response from the mod from quitting this bitch

Look, people complained for years that so many of the games here didn't have well-written scenes.  Thus I try to entertain.  Since you guys don't know the source material, I thought I'd "spruce things up".  That's all the scenes are there for.  I enjoyed reading the book and thought I'd write scenes to make people interested to read it. 

In order to understand the game and setup, like in any Mafia game, you have to Play And Find Out.  I have tried to answer questions to the best of my abilities without giving anything away. 

1 minute ago, AVM said:

And with that, I agree that it's more likely all of you or none of you are scum.  But if none of you are scum, and there are three of you and only 2 in Lily's group...when she has the same role as someone else...meh.  Something doesn't fit in somewhere.

I fit in nowhere soI relate.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

eh, I can... he would have team mates if scum

was worth tinkering with the idea of going back to spoot today... JIF's reaction was gross

lily v. brett was the only real option here, competing claims..

i think yes, and you are right that Jif got very active when the idea of going back to spoot came up.. Don't like how much they are defending him

Final D2 Vote Count

Lily (7) - Brett, Calder, Hess, JiF, AVM, CTM, Ape

Spoot (2) - Leelou, Spoot

Calder (1) - decker

Brett (1) - Lily

Crusher (1) - Crusher

Not Voting (1) - Ballin

With 13 alive it takes 7 dumbasses to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Monday, 3 PM EST

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Look, people complained for years that so many of the games here didn't have well-written scenes.  Thus I try to entertain.  Since you guys don't know the source material, I thought I'd "spruce things up".  That's all the scenes are there for.  I enjoyed reading the book and thought I'd write scenes to make people interested to read it. 

In order to understand the game and setup, like in any Mafia game, you have to Play And Find Out.  I have tried to answer questions to the best of my abilities without giving anything away. 

What did I just ******* say?

21 minutes ago, AVM said:

Everyone in this game that has played more than this year has seen scenarios very similar to what we're talking about with one (or all of you) being scum.  Split masons -- generally called neighbors, as Lily and I think others have called out -- have been a thing before, specifically in an 80 game.  Having power roles as a part of masons is already out of the ordinary.  So would having two town players with the same role.  At this point one of those 2 or a split mason (part town part scum) group is basically guaranteed, I think.

Yes, but were not neighbors. I remember a game with neighbors recently.

22 minutes ago, AVM said:

Everyone in this game that has played more than this year has seen scenarios very similar to what we're talking about with one (or all of you) being scum.  Split masons -- generally called neighbors, as Lily and I think others have called out -- have been a thing before, specifically in an 80 game.  Having power roles as a part of masons is already out of the ordinary.  So would having two town players with the same role.  At this point one of those 2 or a split mason (part town part scum) group is basically guaranteed, I think.

Fair point.

22 minutes ago, AVM said:

I agree. That's why I think one of the two is lying.

Lily argued all day that she wasn't scum.  Some said she was, some didn't.  Others used stuff from the past....things that had nothing to do with the Empire State....to make accusations.  In the end it didn't matter.

Lily, aka Captain Carson, town tracker and mason partner, is dead.

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

For **** sake, stop saying "gaming the mod", you sound like an ignorant ******* fairy. I'm gaming percentages... The game is comprised of 15 people, and 5 have claimed mason. Add to that a town tracker and town watcher, because if you guys are all town, then so are those other roles you claimed. Add to that that you can share your results with team mates, so they aren't lost if you die before revealing. 

All of this makes it absolutely impossible to balance. If I were scum, I'd be pitching a fit.

You realize that because of these mason claims, the game dynamic has shifted from people in mason groups vs. people not in mason groups. 

It's stupid.

I agree about the 5 masons being odd. I did question this in our QT. I obviously suspect that Lily and Decker are lying.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Lily argued all day that she wasn't scum.  Some said she was, some didn't.  Others used stuff from the past....things that had nothing to do with the Empire State....to make accusations.  In the end it didn't matter.

Yes!!!  Kill the Mason's .  

Dear diary,

Today was scary and confusing.  Everyone was yelling all sorts of things and I couldn't make heads or tails of any of it.  All I know is that 80 is a damn dirty seachicken and a bastard.  And that Ape stopped taking his medication.  It was nice to see the furry beast back in his natural state though.  A mellow Ape isn't something meant for this world, in my opinion.  Nyn is still around though, so that's good.  Apparently the seachicken hasn't hugged her to death.  I'm glad.

Tomorrow promises to be ripe with adventure -- and even more confusion!  I just want to eat a damn snack and make it through April Fools without getting pranked, but this game sort of feels like the greatest prank of all.  Damn that seachicken.

That's all for today, though.  Here's to no more nightmares about the boogeyman under my bed CTM living in my closet listening to Phish and eating a tuna sandwich.

--AwesomeVM

P.S. -- Verb is still dead, so I guess the day wasn't all bad.

P.S.S -- Pac is gone now too...so I guess today was pretty good, all things considered.

15 minutes ago, AVM said:

Well said.

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I feel like this stupid game is an April Fool's joke on all of us.

damn, ninja'd

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

brett tomorrow

You guys want old Ape back?

I nailed Brett.

I am totally right about the epic scum team melt between JIF, Spoot, Crusher.

Well, at least they can say they made the Lily thing happen. Pretty obvious why JIF argued so hard about my statement that Brett and Spoot could be corroborating liars.

15 minutes ago, CTM said:

i think yes, and you are right that Jif got very active when the idea of going back to spoot came up.. Don't like how much they are defending him

You're just jelly that no one loves you this much except for your stripper "girlfriends".

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Okay... well... that's a bit surprising.

Archived