A reactionary pick from a Front Office that thinks there very close to Playoffs/Superbowl.

Shockwave

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Who was your preferred pick at 20?

Lynch, then I would have dedicated every resource in the building to getting him and Petty ready to play. My second choice would have been Treadwell because I think he's can't-miss. While I appreciate that Lee will be a nice addition to the defense, I'm pretty sure this is the offseason we talk about when we talk about why this regime failed. There is zero coherence to much of anything they do.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A million times better than anything you would have even dreamed of doing in any aspect of NFL football. 

Even more, I hate the GM who out of his mommy basement thinks he knows more about drafting than a professional FO and whines incessantly after ever draft, bitching that our GM is clueless and should have listened to fans

Then is quiet as can be when it works out.  See C Pryor. 

My mother is dead. Should have drafted Carr instead of Pryor.

Just now, T0mShane said:

John Elway pees on you.

LOL @ everyone who thinks Elway is God.  Too funny.  Elway is an ok GM.  He ain't perfect. They were going QB at 31 anyway so why not trade up for one bum (Lynch) instead of drafting even more of one in Cook at 31?

John Elway pees on you.

John Elway drafted Osweiler, who he promptly let walk for nothing. I'm not saying Elway doesn't know QB's, but it's not a forgone conclusion that because Elway endorsed the puck he'll be any good. There are experts that flat out have Cook as a higher prospect, and it's entirely possible that the scouts have Paxton ranked in the next batch of QB's.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lynch, then I would have dedicated every resource in the building to getting him and Petty ready to play. My second choice would have been Treadwell because I think he's can't-miss. While I appreciate that Lee will be a nice addition to the defense, I'm pretty sure this is the offseason we talk about when we talk about why this regime failed. There is zero coherence to much of anything they do.

So in your view, if one is not a "needs-based" draft guy and instead, one is a BPA guy, then that means there is "zero coherence to much of anything they do".  

Do you have any idea how absurd that is?  Retarded reasoning.

This is becoming joke status. I agree this team is in win now mode. They have some pieces. But the better question is, ARE they good enough to win the SB and the answer is NO. 100% guaranteed NO. They do not have a QB and even if they resigned Fitz that does not make then good enough to win.

So what does Mac do? He got brainwashed by all this hype that the Jets are in win now mode. So he classically OVER reacted and took a guy that he thinks is the new rave. He's going to find out VERY quickly that this guy is just a Safety TRYING to play LB. It's a blown pick. Period. It has NOTHING to improve this team in any way. 

29 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Good. We could have used some suck. We've drafted nothing but good quarterback prospects the past decade and it's worked out horribly.

You are so wrong about Lynch that it's comical.  You sound like SAR did when all he did was complain about not signing Leinert for like 2 straight years. In fact, your reasoning is exactly the same as his was.  And his was completely wrong. Thank God you are nowhere near the front office for the Jets.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So in your view, if one is not a "needs-based" draft guy and instead, one is a BPA guy, then that means there is "zero coherence to much of anything they do".  

Do you have any idea how absurd that is?  Retarded reasoning.

What does the Jets offense look like in 2017?

32 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Good. We could have used some suck. We've drafted nothing but good quarterback prospects the past decade and it's worked out horribly.

You sound like SAR did when all he did was complain about not signing Leinert for like 2 straight years. In fact, your reasoning is exactly the same as his was.  And his was completely wrong.

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

John Elway drafted Osweiler, who he promptly let walk for nothing. I'm not saying Elway doesn't know QB's, but it's not a forgone conclusion that because Elway endorsed the puck he'll be any good. There are experts that flat out have Cook as a higher prospect, and it's entirely possible that the scouts have Paxton ranked in the next batch of QB's.

Another team just gave Osweiler $18 mil per based solely on the fact that John Elway drafted him.

Lynch sucks, Petty sucks, Fitz is and always was going to be our QB the next year or two. I see no difference in drafting Lynch at 20 compared to Cook or Hack at 50ish, except for height. They all suck. I'd rather draft suck in the 2nd than suck in the 1st. At least we drafted a guy who could be a top 5 LB in the NFL. Those measureables are elite for any Lb. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

What does the Jets offense look like in 2017?

2017?  OK, here you go.  You should have asked about 2018 after Marshall and Forte are gone, but whatever.  

WR: Marshall, Decker, Smith, Enunwa

TE: Amaro + later pick this year or next, (maybe Saxton/Sudfeld develops)

RB: Forte, Powell, K. Robinson

OL; Clady, whoever we draft today or next year for RT, Mangold (hopefully while grooming a replacement).

Just now, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Lynch sucks, Petty sucks, Fitz is and always was going to be our QB the next year or two. I see no difference in drafting Lynch at 20 compared to Cook or Hack at 50ish, except for height. They all suck. I'd rather draft suck in the 2nd than suck in the 1st. At least we drafted a guy who could be a top 5 LB in the NFL. Those measureables are elite for any Lb. 

Dee Milliner has the best measurables of any corner drafted since Deion Sanders.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

2017?  OK, here you go.  You should have asked about 2018 after Marshall and Forte are gone, but whatever.  

WR: Marshall, Decker, Smith, Enunwa

TE: Amaro + later pick this year or next, (maybe Saxton/Sudfeld develops)

RB: Forte, Powell, K. Robinson

OL; Clady, whoever we draft today or next year for RT, Mangold (hopefully while grooming a replacement).

Have your secretary read that aloud to you and get back to me.

11 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Why is there so much hate for this pick? For me it looks like BPA that fills a need. Just heard the jets tried to trade up to get in front of the bills because they feared the bills would pick Lee.

I'm not sure how the players picked behind Lee would've been better for the Jets. WR, we have probably a top 5 duo so any WR is not going to have an immediate impact this season and jury is still out on Devin Smith.

DT? We had trouble finding playing time for Wilk, Sheldon, and Williams last season

CB? Maybe but a lot of depth on the roster

So Paxton Lynch. I am going to assume the FO feels better about Bryce Petty than a college QB who never been in a huddle, never been under center, and never done a five-step drop or seven-step drop according to Mayock. And just because a FO and coaching staff doesn't come out and rave about a player to the media, does not mean they dont think highly of that prospect. MAybe they just don't want to publicly praise a player and not have them work hard

and 1 pick does not make a draft

Ummmmmmmm 10000%

What this fella said.   

Jets have been bereft of a FO having a plan for so long that Jets fans are dumbfounded when the team acts like it isn't reading the Daily News for draft advice. 

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Lynch sucks, you old curmudgeon. He's just a taller more mexican looking Petty.  I would have preferred treadwell, as well, but not to the point of having a hissy fit.   

It's the Internet. Treating people like dirt and complaining about who the Jets drafted is every person's god given right.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Everyone stinks. Everyone's awesome. I read a draft site and watched some YouTube clips and now i rub my penis on pictures of Mike Maccagnan before I masturbate.

sure... that's what everyone does who disagrees with you.  LOL

"I don't like this pick, I think the Jets should have drafted something else."

"Well there's no need to have a meltdown about it."

"I'm not having a meltdown, I just don't like the pick. (explains why)"

"OK, but here's lots of information about this player that says he's going to be good."

"OK, but that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is the Jets should have drafted something else for the reasons I listed before."

"Jesus look at the hissyfit this guy is throwing."

Archived