the matt forte move

kmnj

for all of my hate about our qb situation and my hate for our current "newly drafted franchise qb"-I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Forte signing -we will get 3 years of great production out of him-I am thrilled the Jets got him just like when the got Bmarsh-this will be the steal of the off season-it would help if they  have a qb that can throw him the short screen  passes that he will excel in but....

This signing allowed me to cool on wanting Devontae  Booker from Utah in this draft.  I figured at his age, and with the possibility of getting 2 good years out of Forte, we could pass on a RB for now .

Awesome signing IMO.

Add to that the Khiry Robinson, under the radar signing and I think we'll have out goal line, pound the rock player to replace Ivory. Low cost signing and not a lot of wear on his tread.

My only question is how Powell, Forte will split carries.

I could see them wanting to keep Forte fresh all season.

He's an awesome back, one of my favourite NFL players for years but I don't know about 3 years for a RB with his carries. 

Really can't wait to see what be brings. He certainly doesn't look finsihed yet and he's skillful enough to play the LT role at the very least.

23 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Add to that the Khiry Robinson, under the radar signing and I think we'll have out goal line, pound the rock player to replace Ivory. Low cost signing and not a lot of wear on his tread.

My only question is how Powell, Forte will split carries.

I could see them wanting to keep Forte fresh all season.

Agreed I think Khiry has a chance to be the most productive back on the jets this season. He looked really good as the primary back when Ingram was hurt, now he has a chance to run away with the starting job. Hey now

Our 3 primary RBs all have the same skill sets which will allow us to utilize them all the same way. The days of knowing what the Jets will do based on who's in the backfield should be over. Add to that, the fact that a healthy Clady will allow us to run strong  to either side of the offensive line and defensive teams will have fun defensing us . All we need is a game manager at QB who will take care of the football and we will be a tough out.

Go Jets. 

The real under the radar signing was Dri Acher.  Don't know if he even makes the team but if Gailey can find ways to get him the ball in space, he could become a real x factor.  He should also be able to contribute on special teams.  

RBs like Forte and Powell can be a QB's best friends. Not bad when he already has some best friends already in Marshall & Decker. 

At least no matter which young QB sees time out there we won't have to say he didn't have anyone to dump it off to, or that his RB often whiffs on picking up his blitz assignments. 

Archived