NFL Turning Point: Jets vs. Giants. NFL Films

Villain The Foe

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I saw that this morning on you tube and almost posted it myself. I was at that game. What a great feeling when they won! Although week 17 was disappointing there were many great moments last season.

I logged on to youtube and saw it sitting right there. Clicked on it as was like "wow", that was a pretty intense game. I remember continuously jumping out of my seat almost every play during that 4th qtr/overtime knowing that the playoffs were pretty much on the line. 

On May 14, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Villain The Foe said:

I remember continuously jumping out of my seat almost every play during that 4th qtr/overtime knowing that the playoffs were pretty much on the line. 

So true , playoffs were on the line that week ... Also The week before against Miami ... As well as the following 3 weeks against the Titans, Cowboys, & Cheaters

how did the team & their leader Fitzpatrick do in those 5 do or die games again?

2 minutes ago, ljr said:

So true , playoffs were on the line that week ... Also The week before against Miami ... As well as the following 3 weeks against the Titans, Cowboys, & Cheaters

how did the team & their leader Fitzpatrick do in those 5 do or die games again?

That entire month of December was a do-or-die month. We got out of that month I believe with a perfect record. 

Then Fitz forgot that he had to play football in January....probably because he's not used to playing football in January! :P

My problem with that Bills game and the outcome.  We were in FG range down by 1 and it was 1st down when Fitzpatrick threw that INT .  It's hard for me to believe that 1 play didn't chance the entire rest of the game and led to the outcome .

Question :

Do you run the same offense when you're up by 1 point or down by 2-6 points ?

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

That entire month of December was a do-or-die month. We got out of that month I believe with a perfect record. 

Then Fitz forgot that he had to play football in January....probably because he's not used to playing football in January! :P

Lol ... Correct ... We were 5-0 in those games

Fitz deserves the lead share of the blame he gets for his choke job in Buffalo.

He also deserves the lead share of the credit for how he performed the 5 weeks prior to that in equally desperate situations.

Anyone who refuses to acknowledge the truth of both of those statements to themselves has ulterior motives, is blind with emotion, or is not very smart.

22 minutes ago, ljr said:

Lol ... Correct ... We were 5-0 in those games

Fitz deserves the lead share of the blame he gets for his choke job in Buffalo.

He also deserves the lead share of the credit for how he performed the 5 weeks prior to that in equally desperate situations.

Anyone who refuses to acknowledge the truth of both of those statements to themselves has ulterior motives, is blind with emotion, or is not very smart.

Ryan Fitzpatrick deserves his share of credit, whether good or bad for all 16 games he played in. 

It resulted in a 10-6 record and a few highlights. Ryan Fitzpatrick played better than I anticipated, not from the point of view of stats in a game, but the amount of time it took him before he finally choked. 

Look at his record from previous seasons and you notice that around late October/early November he begins to lose games and he doesnt recover. He did the exact same thing last year...then suddenly the man goes undefeated in December...with some help of course (Coughlin not going for a FG, Pats deferring in OT, Romo out & Dez limited etc.). 

However, when we beat the Pats and the Steelers lost I thought to myself "Maybe Fitz has really proved me wrong". I literally said it here on this forum. 1 week later this dude Fitz reverts back to the exact guy I knew he was...which made that week 17 hurt even more given the "Max 6 wins" being taken out of context along with fact that as a Jets fan, its been years since we were relevant in December/January with control of our own destiny and just 1 week prior I stupidly let my guard down with FItz. 1 week afterward Fitz smacked me right across my face by doing everything he's known for in the last quarter of our season. Everything from tipping off defenders by staring down his targets, to throwing INT's in the end zone etc. Talk about being f'ing pissed!!!!!! lol.

That dude wont fool me twice! lol.

29 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

My problem with that Bills game and the outcome.  We were in FG range down by 1 and it was 1st down when Fitzpatrick threw that INT .  It's hard for me to believe that 1 play didn't chance the entire rest of the game and led to the outcome .

Question :

Do you run the same offense when you're up by 1 point or down by 2-6 points ?

You try to get 6 but you've got to protect the ball first.  You can get lose with ball security, you're in FG range, poised to take the lead.  Fitz would have been better off running it straight into the line, eating clock, forcing TOs and kicking for the lead.  But he made the absolute worst decision a QB could make at that tim and place.  No matter what nonsense appologists make. 

17 minutes ago, ljr said:

Almost lost to Giants. Needed a 4th & 2 Tom Coughlin brainflub at Jets 4-yard-line and a shanked FG to filch a win in OT 23-20.

Almost lost to Cowboys. Couldn't put away practice squad QB Kellen Moore until :41 left with a Bullock FG to win 19-16.

Almost lost to Patriots. Couldn't put away a decimated Pats cover band in regulation and needed a gift OT coinflub to thwart NE 26-20. 

6 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Almost lost to Giants. Needed a 4th & 2 Tom Coughlin brainflub at Jets 4-yard-line and a shanked FG to filch a win in OT 23-20.

Almost lost to Cowboys. Couldn't put away practice squad QB Kellen Moore until :41 left with a Bullock FG to win 19-16.

Almost lost to Patriots. Couldn't put away a decimated Pats cover band in regulation and needed a gift OT coinflub to thwart NE 26-20. 

Translation:  Jets would have been 7-9.  Really just illustrates this team is very flawed all over.  We couldn't sack the Qb, our OL sucked and its an aging team that spent bukoo bucks on an overrated secondary.  All this WITH a QB that had a renaissance year. Can you imagine if Fitz played like Fitz of the past. We'd have been lucky to win 4-5 games.    

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

So I guess the last game against the Bills was another turning point?

It's just all this constant drama that the press needs to make up. They call it a turning point because we managed to come back when we were down by 10. I say nonsense. The Giants are a bad team and the better team won, It wasn't about digging deep or some other emotional stupidity.

That film would make you think the Jets went on to win the SB afterward. Stupid. So if it was a turning point against the Giants and the Jets becoming juggernauts, then against the Bills was another turning point where we went from juggernauts to laughingstocks?

9 hours ago, Powpow said:

Translation:  Jets would have been 7-9.  Really just illustrates this team is very flawed all over.  We couldn't sack the Qb, our OL sucked and its an aging team that spent bukoo bucks on an overrated secondary.  All this WITH a QB that had a renaissance year. Can you imagine if Fitz played like Fitz of the past. We'd have been lucky to win 4-5 games.    

Actually it perfectly illustrated how close one team is to another talent wise.  How a play or two can decide between a win or a loss.  Exactly what the league wants. 

All the rest is typical loser fan nonsense.  The the kind of SOJF lunacy that tries to Jets wins into losses as if they actually lost those games.  Chalks up wins to luck.  

10 hours ago, Powpow said:

This is exactly what I have been saying and that potentially becomes even more evident when you consider this season the Jets have a playoff schedule. If the Jets lack the ability to put teams to bed? Just about all of our opponents this season will expose that. I think Fitz reverts back to what he was for most of his career. The Jets losses at NT and LT show up almost immediately this season. Their inability to draft is on full display this season. This all coupled with a playoff schedule equates to around 4 or 5 wins, 6 at the very most.

13 hours ago, jetrider said:

Almost made a legit point

13 hours ago, jetrider said:

games like that happen every year for good teams.  the good teams usually find ways to win those type of games, the bad ones find ways to lose them.

14 hours ago, Mainejet said:

This is exactly what I have been saying and that potentially becomes even more evident when you consider this season the Jets have a playoff schedule. If the Jets lack the ability to put teams to bed? Just about all of our opponents this season will expose that. I think Fitz reverts back to what he was for most of his career. The Jets losses at NT and LT show up almost immediately this season. Their inability to draft is on full display this season. This all coupled with a playoff schedule equates to around 4 or 5 wins, 6 at the very most.

While it's somewhat farfetched, I envision this team going 10-6 again, which I do believe is possible.  How? 1) Fitz returns and plays BETTER than last year.  He has another year under his belt with Chaney, Marshall, Decker.  It's his team, hands down.  He's healthy and will start training camp as the proclaimed leader.  2) Forte will add a different dimension to this offense that Fitz will take advantage of.  Powell is coming into his own and had a breakout year. 3) Clady is an upgrade over DBrick, no question. And Colon may even return for a last fling. Regardless, the OL should be better.  4) Amaro is another weapon for Fitz and Smith and Peak make this team faster.  Any contribution from them is a bonus.  5) Defensively, I look for Richardson to have an all pro year. He's playing for a contract and was out of position last year.  Shel, Mo and Big Cat will be awesome.  The LB's are faster, Carter, Lee, Jenkins will help an 'old' Harris.  5) Cro killed this team last year.  Skrine will do a fine job as the other corner.  This also gives Marcus Williams more playing time. Milliner and McDougle can fill in the nickel, its their time now or never.  The special teams will be better too. They cant be any worse.  So overall, I really do believe this team will be BETTER but their schedule is brutal.  Last year we dominated the lesser talented opponents.  We struggled against the Raiders, Bills and the Cowboys which was quite perplexing.  We were in all those games we lost.   We MUST win those games and sweep the Bills, Fins and beat the lesser skilled opponents.  We have 7 brutal games vs. top flight teams.  if we can go 3-4  in those 7 and go 7-2 in the remaining 9 we hit 10-6.  Its a tall order but it still may not be enough to get in the playoffs. I wouldn't be disappointed if we could pull this off and still fall short. What would piss me off to no end is losing games we should win against teams that are not our match. Get it done. 

On 5/16/2016 at 4:09 AM, jetrider said:

^^^^^^^^^ 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

So I've heard. Being buried on the depth chart like that I hear is like being thrown in the hole. People tend to forget about you. 

Shame. He seems to be a likeable kid with great upside. I was praying we'd grab him but of course Idziot takes the waste product and seals his own fate.  Glennon will have his chance next year and I do believe he will light it up.    

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Shame. He seems to be a likeable kid with great upside. I was praying we'd grab him but of course Idziot takes the waste product and seals his own fate.  Glennon will have his chance next year and I do believe he will light it up.    

True. It'll be great to see the young guy play. Like I said, he's not elite, but its a crime that he's sitting on the bench. 

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:16 PM, Powpow said:

While it's somewhat farfetched, I envision this team going 10-6 again, which I do believe is possible.  How? 1) Fitz returns and plays BETTER than last year.  He has another year under his belt with Chaney, Marshall, Decker.  It's his team, hands down.  He's healthy and will start training camp as the proclaimed leader.  2) Forte will add a different dimension to this offense that Fitz will take advantage of.  Powell is coming into his own and had a breakout year. 3) Clady is an upgrade over DBrick, no question. And Colon may even return for a last fling. Regardless, the OL should be better.  4) Amaro is another weapon for Fitz and Smith and Peak make this team faster.  Any contribution from them is a bonus.  5) Defensively, I look for Richardson to have an all pro year. He's playing for a contract and was out of position last year.  Shel, Mo and Big Cat will be awesome.  The LB's are faster, Carter, Lee, Jenkins will help an 'old' Harris.  5) Cro killed this team last year.  Skrine will do a fine job as the other corner.  This also gives Marcus Williams more playing time. Milliner and McDougle can fill in the nickel, its their time now or never.  The special teams will be better too. They cant be any worse.  So overall, I really do believe this team will be BETTER but their schedule is brutal.  Last year we dominated the lesser talented opponents.  We struggled against the Raiders, Bills and the Cowboys which was quite perplexing.  We were in all those games we lost.   We MUST win those games and sweep the Bills, Fins and beat the lesser skilled opponents.  We have 7 brutal games vs. top flight teams.  if we can go 3-4  in those 7 and go 7-2 in the remaining 9 we hit 10-6.  Its a tall order but it still may not be enough to get in the playoffs. I wouldn't be disappointed if we could pull this off and still fall short. What would piss me off to no end is losing games we should win against teams that are not our match. Get it done. 

I can't see any of this being true. Fitz played out of his mind last season. By far and away the best season he's ever had. With this elongated layoff and contract squabble, he will not have enough time to prepare. Therefore, his numbers go DOWN. Forte IS an improvement, but not nearly as much as you are thinking. Clady is NOT an upgrade because he cannot stay healthy and if he does go down to injury? The Jets offense is DONE. Amaro is a bust. He cannot block to save his life and he couldn't catch a cold. He's a terrible pick and someone Gailey will not be able to use. Richardson having an All Pro year is par for the course. The guy has been excellent since he was drafted. That does not make our defense any better than it's been in the past. All in all, given the fact the Jets only beat one team with a winning record per season and a playoff schedule in 2016? I give them about 6 wins as their absolute ceiling.

1 hour ago, Mainejet said:

I can't see any of this being true. Fitz played out of his mind last season. By far and away the best season he's ever had. With this elongated layoff and contract squabble, he will not have enough time to prepare. Therefore, his numbers go DOWN. Forte IS an improvement, but not nearly as much as you are thinking. Clady is NOT an upgrade because he cannot stay healthy and if he does go down to injury? The Jets offense is DONE. Amaro is a bust. He cannot block to save his life and he couldn't catch a cold. He's a terrible pick and someone Gailey will not be able to use. Richardson having an All Pro year is par for the course. The guy has been excellent since he was drafted. That does not make our defense any better than it's been in the past. All in all, given the fact the Jets only beat one team with a winning record per season and a playoff schedule in 2016? I give them about 6 wins as their absolute ceiling.

he had less time to prepare physically a year ago due to rehab from broken leg.

Archived