Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

2 minutes ago, Lily said:

I thought I've been participating rather well of late. What would make you more comfortable with me, EY? I've never been a player who is really active right out of the gate, but I'm working on it. I think I'm doing okay now, though. 

When I remember what it is that bothered me... I'll let you know.

Up until my PM with verbal that said I shouldn't go and also that I would be king, I'd kinda moved on from this game.

Just now, gEYno said:

When I remember what it is that bothered me... I'll let you know.

Up until my PM with verbal that said I shouldn't go and also that I would be king, I'd kinda moved on from this game.

Fair enough.

On 5/31/2016 at 2:58 PM, Verbal said:

Final Vote Count

Hallia (9) - Nyn, AVM, Leelou, Lily, JC, Decker, JiF, DPR, Lizzy

Decker (3) - Crusher, 80, Pac

DPR (1) - EY

Ballin (1) - Hallia

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (1) - Ballin

That is a lynch.  I have a conf call in 3 min, so I'll post the scene within the hour.

/bastardmod engaged

Just bringing this forward... I keep circling back to it.

Since EY has me as a top suspect, I suppose my thoughts don't matter much, but here they are anyways:

Decker:  Been my # 1 consistently.  Nothing further needed here.  You seem to have a lot of your reads based on the assumption of Decker being town.  Wouldn't he be informative in that case?

Pac:  Another player, along with me, who you have as suspect based on the assumption of Decker's innocence.  To me, Decker's alignment isn't really that important.  Pac is doing what Pac does, and could easily be wrong about Decker just like me.

Lily:  Never read her well, but I do like that she's making ISO attempts.

Ballin:  Inactive.  Willing to kill off purely to keep the game moving, and because Nyn likes him for scum. 

80:  Town.

36 minutes ago, gEYno said:

People who right now I don't love, in no order: Lily, Pac, Ballin, Decker

28 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I made the I don't love decker suggestion, based on pop in vote, and the train on him escalated quickly.  80 was there before, and while I mentioned I didn't like him earlier that was largely in how he handled DPR.  As I was wrong there, need to revisit, 80 would be honorable mention on that list.  Pac was quick to jump on decker train too, and so I'm concerned there.  Lily I feel like is playing a "just above the radar" type game, and there was something early on which I didn't love, but honestly can't remember.  I also think she voted for Hallia when it was all but over, so not sold on her participation on scum train.  As for Ballin, besides the low participation, after the reveal, I wondered why there was one lone vote from Hallia on him, and why he didn't vote/consolidate, anything.

Those are my general thoughts.  Now show me yours.

Thanks.

I have no read on Ballin and Decker because they're not playing the game.

I'm leaning scum on Smash and Pac because they're playing the game scummy.  Pac's vote on Decker looked like someone trying to get interest going in his direction rather than Hali.  Smash's entire game has been scummy.  Not one thing I've seen that was a town effort from him.

Smash is #1 on my list. 

Since EY has me as a top suspect, I suppose my thoughts don't matter much, but here they are anyways:

Decker:  Been my # 1 consistently.  Nothing further needed here.  You seem to have a lot of your reads based on the assumption of Decker being town.  Wouldn't he be informative in that case?

Pac:  Another player, along with me, who you have as suspect based on the assumption of Decker's innocence.  To me, Decker's alignment isn't really that important.  Pac is doing what Pac does, and could easily be wrong about Decker just like me.

Ballin:  Inactive.  Willing to kill off purely to keep the game moving, and because Nyn likes him for scum. 

• Thumb Down 1

Decker:  Been my # 1 consistently.  Nothing further really needed here.  You seem to have a lot of your reads based on the assumption of Decker being town.  Wouldn't he be informative in that case?

Pac:  Another player, along with me, who you have as suspect based on the assumption of Decker's innocence.  To me, Decker's alignment isn't really that important in relation to Pac specifically.  Pac is doing what Pac does, and could easily be wrong about Decker just like me.  I have him as town.

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Now that Hallia is confirmed, I suppose he isn't a meaningful target today though.

I'm not rushing to put him in my town pile by any means, but I think some of Hallia's choices and the fact that he's been getting a lot of attention where's Ballin's been mostly left unmentioned (even though they're sort of in the same boat irt game contribution, or rather lack of) is... worth noting. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Thanks.

I have no read on Ballin and Decker because they're not playing the game.

I'm leaning scum on Smash and Pac because they're playing the game scummy.  Pac's vote on Decker looked like someone trying to get interest going in his direction rather than Hali.  Smash's entire game has been scummy.  Not one thing I've seen that was a town effort from him.

Smash is #1 on my list. 

Thanks.

I feel like I always think Smash is scum, because I literally always disagree with what he does, no matter which side.  So, while I definitely have him on the radar, I kinda feel like he can wait.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Probably not.  Game related fighting: Cool.  Non-game related fighting: I have many better things to do.

With Nyn? Shouldn't the "tribe" factor have come into play by now? Or is that Rutgers? 

anyway first game Nyn played here she quit because of me lol. 

The game's fun if you can keep it that way.

dammit, I was excited to have an intelligent, lucid new add on too. It's been a vacant hole without BG, SMC, slats, sharrow anymore. CTM is about as close we got. JN wise 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm not rushing to put him in my town pile by any means, but I think some of Hallia's choices and the fact that he's been getting a lot of attention where's Ballin's been mostly left unmentioned (even though they're sort of in the same boat irt game contribution, or rather lack of) is... worth noting. 

I actually had similar thoughts to you on Ballin.

I'd like to hear from him.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

1. anyway first game Nyn played here she quit because of me lol. 

2. dammit, I was excited to have an intelligent, lucid new add on too. It's been a vacant hole without BG, SMC, slats, sharrow anymore. CTM is about as close we got. JN wise 

1. Yep.

2. Words hurt.

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

With Nyn? Shouldn't the "tribe" factor have come into play by now? Or is that Rutgers? 

anyway first game Nyn played here she quit because of me lol. 

The game's fun if you can keep it that way.

dammit, I was excited to have an intelligent, lucid new add on too. It's been a vacant hole without BG, SMC, slats, sharrow anymore. CTM is about as close we got. JN wise 

I'm offended. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Decker:  Been my # 1 consistently.  Nothing further really needed here.  You seem to have a lot of your reads based on the assumption of Decker being town.  Wouldn't he be informative in that case?

Pac:  Another player, along with me, who you have as suspect based on the assumption of Decker's innocence.  To me, Decker's alignment isn't really that important in relation to Pac specifically.  Pac is doing what Pac does, and could easily be wrong about Decker just like me.  I have him as town.

Here's the thing about Decker... While I totally disliked his vote at the time and the manner at which he went about it.  Now that Hallia flipped, I need to rethink it.  I'm not clearing him, but seems like he had the opportunity to go anywhere else, as Hallia still needed a lot of votes at the time, and a random lynch wouldn't have been any worse for him either.

Can I ask another question... Why did you type this in word?

On 5/27/2016 at 4:12 PM, Verbal said:

Vote Count

Pac (3) - Lily, Crusher, DPR

DPR (3) - Lizzy, EY, JiF

Ballin (1) - Hallia

JiF (1) - Smash

Decker (2) - 80, Pac

Hallia (2) - Nyn, Leelou

Smash (1) - JC

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Thing is... 80 and Pac were voting for decker before Halli's train gained traction. So they had him as a suspect prior to that. It wasn't a suspicion that appeared out of thin air when Hallia was getting heat. So there's that.