Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I think I may want to kill Pac.  Haven't heard a lot of good reasons not to.  BallinBP is possible and probably the prudent move at this point, but that's just so boring.

lol.. that would be something.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

meh..  part of me wants to just get shot but to be fair I decide who decides if that tells you anything.

I should have let EgoY just shoot me.

And all you idiots calling me scum can suck it...

Claims kingmaker 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Now..  can we shoot Crush or what?

Still terrible at this game.  

• Upvote 1

He seemed to be town reading DPR the majority of the time though (there was like one post where I remember he questioned it, but otherwise he kept saying DPR was most likely town playing poorly). So even if he disagreed with the way DPR went about it, it's still better to King someone you feel is working with town's best interest in mind. Kind of important.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

meh..  part of me wants to just get shot but to be fair I decide who decides if that tells you anything.

I should have let EgoY just shoot me.

And all you idiots calling me scum can suck it...

Of all the manipulations of this username, I think this might be my favorite of all.

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I still maintain Ballin is scum. I don't really get how it seems "boring". Bagging scum is always a win in my book.

A win... But I get one day as king and I use it on a guy who won't even show up to defend himself.

He's got 34 minutes though.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Elaborate for those who don't want to scroll back.

On 6/1/2016 at 1:12 AM, Pac said:

Having a more difficult time than usual with this format.  Only a couple solid reads.

Townies:

DPR - Everyone in agreement that he has been atrocious but I can't see a scum King playing as poorly as he has.  The premature lynching of the Doc while preaching patience and a united front was laughably bad.  I have to believe scum would have been more calculated than that sloppy mess we saw.

EY - Sadly in agreement for much of the game.  I'd prefer to be arguing with him but nothing there yet.

Scum Vibe:

Crush - Overly lucid to start...  Coming after me despite his stated reason for coming after me being proven wrong.

Deck - Has said nothing...  his justification post for voting Hallia felt icky.

I mean.... if you're considering shooting Crusher, how about making a case on him?  Just sayin'. Because I don't recall you mentioning Crusher as a suspect at any point. So if you think there's merit to go there today, I want you to show me why.

On 5/26/2016 at 7:46 PM, gEYno said:

Most of my reads are contingent on DPR and I think it's pretty imperative to resolve it.

But, I'm not loving 80 and I'm not loving Smash at the moment.  You sit at 4.  AVM makes me a bit nervous, but I respect her game and can resolve it later.  If I knew more about Lily, I'd be concerned, but not ready to make any moves on that.

I know you said at the time that these reads were contingent on DPR. So, are you no longer suspicious of all the mentioned players? 

38 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

He seemed to be town reading DPR the majority of the time though (there was like one post where I remember he questioned it, but otherwise he kept saying DPR was most likely town playing poorly). So even if he disagreed with the way DPR went about it, it's still better to King someone you feel is working with town's best interest in mind. Kind of important.

Correct.  I'd rather have a terrible townie with the gun than well playing scum.

The main thing was that I suspected DPR and JF80 as working together.  Something about Lily still does bother me, as I mentioned.  AVM, is looking fine at present.  Smash, as I said, always looks scummy to me, because I always disagree with his gameplay, regardless of what side, so hard for me to tell.

So, basically, the major issue regarding 80 is left at his jump to decker, which is of course contingent on decker himself... So, I'll wait.

As for Crusher:

1) Personal intuition - Kind of didn't like how nobody has really been talking about him.

2) On the wrong side of the Calder vote - Which is understandable, but he admonished DPR for the same thing that I did, not waiting (EDIT TO ADD: for reveal).  He could have had some control in the situation and not voted, as myself and JiF did, I believe.  If Crush is scum, he did exactly what I warned against happening, scum helping a small train become a majority.

3) On the wrong side of the Hallia vote - I spoke about the competing Decker train as interest in Pac/80, but Crush was also on that train.  With Pac claiming, and most of my read on 80 dealing with my feeling he was paired with DPR, the only one left is Crush.  Of course, decker could be (EDIT: guilty), but it just seems unlikely that we had the top two trains on scum day 2.  Decker reads more like a town inactive, especially with his vote placement on Hallia.

4) I agree with what Pac pointed out, he was surprisingly with the rules from how I remember him playing.  He's one of the most thoughtful guys I know IRL conversations, but in the game, he's always kinda just sat back and not overthought it.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

As for Crusher:

4) I agree with what Pac pointed out, he was surprisingly with the rules from how I remember him playing.  He's one of the most thoughtful guys I know IRL conversations, but in the game, he's always kinda just sat back and not overthought it.

Solid point on the rules -- I think it was following DPR being named king again?  Don't remember another time Crush has ever questioned a setup to that extent, though...so I'd struggle to say it's scummy per say. 

Is your thought process that he was hopeful scum would get King and be in the driver seat?

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It'd be fun!

Side note:  UNCW kicking Duke's a$$ right now.  Up 6-0 in the 3rd and we have the bases loaded and no one out. 

Nice -- I had the UVA/William and Mary game on in between meetings but it got out of hand.  We play at 4, hopeful I can head home around then and not miss much.