Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

53 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Same reason on Crush as you used on me.  Inability to read?  Soft defense of Lily noted.

Crusher is someone I tend to read as town typically. You're someone I tend to read as scum typically. I've misread you both in the past because of this perception. So I'm owning up to not being SUPERAWESOME at reading you guys. I've struggled with reading JiF some too this game. These things happen. So, sorry for being honest?  As far as Lily goes, I have a lot more game experience with her and I think she's town. Could I be wrong? Maybe. But I think she's been involved for her and has been trying. 

14 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Oh, I wasn't talking about what Smash was doing. I was talking about what YOU were doing.

I care a lot more about the player's content and stances. Scum spew works as an aid, but I wouldn't use it solely to base a read on a player, unless that player has like ZERO content and that's the only thing I have to work with. Basically what you're doing right now is defending yourself using wifom from Smash's spew. Just like you were using wifom you wouldn't NK DPR and saying how absurd it would be for you to do that as scum. Suffice to say I'm not impressed.

You say there was no need to distance? Well Smash was obviously distancing from decker so... apparently? There was a need. Smash was being suspected consistently from like his first/second post into the game by JiF, JC and 80. Yes, JiF had a change of hearts when he was king but I'm pretty sure that was the first time JiF faltered on his read on Smash up until that point. JC never did and I don't think 80 has either until he was made king . Doing something like that when he was suspected since early on makes sense because whoever goes first makes the others look better. So yeah, I don't think it's as far fetched as you're trying to make it seem. 

Ok.  So, you're good with the fact that Smash attempted to take out two of his team members to make himself look solid.

No interest in arguing with you, just want to be clear about what you're suggesting Smash, Decker, and Myself have done over the last two days.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Cannot read Smash, cannot read Crusher, cannot read me.  What' up with the reads on the old guys?  Generational thing?

I said I have a town read on Crusher. I said I thought Smash was earnest and that the push on him early D1 was BS. You're the only one of the three I said it's 50/50. I did give out reads on Crusher and Smash so I don't really get why you keep talking as if I haven't. Like, sorry that I'm not super scumhunter extraordinaire. There are some people who I've been wrong on in the past and I own up to struggling with.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Ok.  So, you're good with the fact that Smash attempted to take out two of his team members to make himself look solid.

No interest in arguing with you, just want to be clear about what you're suggesting Smash, Decker, and Myself have done over the last two days.

Smash couldn't take out anyone cause he wasn't the King. All he could do was give his opinion. You're talking as if he was going to hammer you guys. 

And I am pretty sure he was echoing what I brought up first, after Ballin flipped town.... I said that you could have very possibly been providing decker cover both on the day you were king and the day JiF was king, which I'm sure I mentioned after you posted the order in your preference lynch list. So it's something that was already mentioned by someone else and was going to be talked about, whether he said it or not. So no, I don't see how that one thing should change my entire perception of how you've been playing and the choices you've made so far.

So I decided to do a "deep dive" into that Day 2 lynch of Hallia to see what I could find:

On 5/26/2016 at 4:38 PM, Verbal said:

"Democracy!  Democracy!  Down with the King!  Let us come together to make a decision today!"

The Anarchist had had enough - he riled the villagers into overthrowing the King's rule for the day, and democracy ruled.

The game has shifted to a standard majority lynch for today.

On 5/26/2016 at 4:40 PM, Verbal said:

Vote Count

Pac (2) - Lily, Crusher

DPR (2) - Lizzy, EY

Lizzy (1) - Hallia

JiF (1) - Smash

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

On 5/26/2016 at 4:41 PM, Nynaeve said:

Vote Hallia

^^^ Nyn votes Hallia here and never moves off her despite numerous chances to do so. 

On 5/26/2016 at 4:48 PM, AVM said:

Are you voting Lizzie here?  He's basically mod confirmed town at this point -- someone correct me if I'm crazy (and I am most certainly crazy)

...Lizzie used his role to do this, lol

^^^ AVM defends Lizzie against JiF here.

On 5/26/2016 at 4:52 PM, Leelou said:

vote Hallia

^^^ Leelou votes Hallia here, then never moves off her.

On 5/26/2016 at 5:07 PM, gEYno said:

Holy crap... You're the kingmaker.

On 5/26/2016 at 5:09 PM, Smashmouth said:

HAHAHAHAHA nope

On 5/26/2016 at 5:12 PM, gEYno said:

Well, your logic is so terribly poor that I can't imagine another person thinking it.  You did it and defended it.

Heres a taste of why... What if hero is NK'd.  Your plan dies instantly.

On 5/26/2016 at 5:14 PM, Smashmouth said:

EY I'm just posting scenarios bro trying to cover all bases.

On 5/26/2016 at 7:18 PM, gEYno said:

So, how many people die under your plan before we hope that the hero is the one who gets lynched?

^^^ Exchange between Smash and EY.  Smash has a terrible plan and EY is all over it.  This is what EY referenced earlier today when he said there was no way he and Smash coordinated this.  I'm inclined to believe him.

On 5/26/2016 at 5:22 PM, Nynaeve said:

WHY are you voting Ballin???

On 5/26/2016 at 5:38 PM, Nynaeve said:

Gonna keep asking all these questions Halli. There is no escape.

On 5/26/2016 at 6:25 PM, Hallia said:

I'm at work,,can't pay as close attention as I like

I still feelLeelou is town.

I'm voting Ballin because i'm scum reading him, and that hasn't changed.

On 5/26/2016 at 6:29 PM, Nynaeve said:

Cool. Why are you scum reading him, again?

^^^ Nyn all over Hallia here.  Hallia declares Leelou as town.  Interesting. 

On 5/26/2016 at 7:10 PM, Jetscode1 said:

I agree with JiF.  Vote Smash

On 5/26/2016 at 7:22 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Vote Smash...ignore all else.

^^^ JC begins his tunneling of Smash. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Exchange between Smash and EY.  Smash has a terrible plan and EY is all over it.  This is what EY referenced earlier today when he said there was no way he and Smash coordinated this.  I'm inclined to believe him.

I don't understand. Explain.

On 5/26/2016 at 7:33 PM, Lily said:

I like these reads. I'm not sure on Hallia, though. Frankly, I could go either way with her atm. 

^^^ Lily reacting to Leelou's scum reads of JC, Decker and Hallia.

On 5/26/2016 at 8:44 PM, gEYno said:

I will vote smash if it comes down to it.  But, I honestly think he's just that dumb.  Which, sadly, is kinda worse.

^^^ EY showing willingness to vote Smash for his idiocy. 

On 5/26/2016 at 8:54 PM, The Crusher said:

Just stubborn.  So stubborn .  Like stubborn sees him and says," damn that guy is stubborn". His tombstone will read," still waiting ." Smash will outlive the cockaroaches .  

^^^ Crusher commenting on Smash.

On 5/27/2016 at 0:51 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Vote Smash evn more

^^^ JC standing by his Smash vote.

On 5/27/2016 at 6:32 AM, Nynaeve said:

Halli's feedback, once she had free time, is seriously invaluable. Really took the game to a whole new level of profound insight.

>.>

On 5/27/2016 at 9:12 AM, Verbal said:

Vote Count

Pac (3) - Lily, Crusher, DPR

DPR (3) - Lizzy, EY, JiF

Ballin (1) - Hallia

JiF (1) - Smash

Decker (2) - 80, Pac

Hallia (2) - Nyn, Leelou

Smash (1) - JC

On 5/27/2016 at 9:41 AM, AVM said:

vote Hallia

^^^ Here AVM drops the 3rd vote on Hallia.

On 5/25/2016 at 6:49 AM, Nynaeve said:

From my experience, TownHalli is not always that obvious. Hence the previous eh. 

Also... I don't like being predictable :P

On 5/25/2016 at 8:26 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Vote Count

Calder (6) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily, JC, Nyn

Decker (3) - Crusher, CTM, 80

Ballin (2) - AVM, Crusher

80 (1) - Decker

DPR (1) - Crusher

Lily (1) - Calder

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (6) - Pac, JiF, Lily, Ballin, LK, EY

With 18 alive (+ ghost Hess) it takes 1 stupid vote by DPR for a life to be snuffed out in this stupid game.

Deadline:  Whenever the f*ck DPR decides whilst sipping a martini.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:29 AM, Nynaeve said:

unvote

vote hallia

Why the vote change here Nyn?

On 5/27/2016 at 10:45 AM, Jetscode1 said:

Top 3 scum.

Smash, DPR and Hallia.

^^^ JC naming scum in 2 of his top 3. 

On 5/27/2016 at 0:45 PM, deckerfan said:

I'm caught up. Majority vote today. 

Also Crusher is acting so weird, it's like he's scum on happy pills 

On 5/27/2016 at 0:46 PM, deckerfan said:

Vote Crusher

it's a smokescreen 

On 5/27/2016 at 0:47 PM, deckerfan said:

He suddenly changed his tone

something obviously bothered him if scum to change his complexion, so whoever under pressure at that point should be looked at 

^^^ Decker jumps on Crusher for no reason.  Makes me even more inclined to keep Crusher firmly in the town pile.

On 5/27/2016 at 2:18 PM, Jetscode1 said:

can we all agree to lynch smash?

^^^ More tunneling.

On 5/27/2016 at 3:25 PM, Nynaeve said:

I don't really see myself moving away from Hallia. I'm like 99% sure she's scum and I think she should be the lynch. EY is also a suspect but I'm not as sure of him as I am of Halli, mostly due to lack of familiarity, so I'd much rather start with my strongest suspect.

I think 80 is a [insert a mean word that Crusher won't let me say]. I didn't get what he was going on about voting for DPR in the first place, before the shift in the voting mechanic. And I don't really get his explanation for not voting DPR after the shift. lol Prolly null for him cause sometimes he does go on about weird sh*t. I'll keep an eye, but I got a good vibe from him D1 so I'm not at a place where I'd vote him today, especially when I have stronger suspects atm. DPR isn't someone I'd consider voting today either. I think he's been doing a good job responding to pretty much every single post directed at him. Guess the old man still has some wind in his sails. He has a lot more patience than me, that's for sure. 

^^^ Nyn is never, ever going to budge on Hallia.  She's town, @Jetscode1

On 5/27/2016 at 3:29 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Unvote, vote Hallia

Next time flirt with the creepy old dude (Smash).

Still think smash is scum.

Do we have a deadline?  I will be offline shortly.

^^^ JC votes for Hallia, earlier than I thought he did. 

On 5/27/2016 at 4:58 PM, Lily said:

I'm willing to switch my vote to Hallia, if the majority is going there. I'm not willing to vote DPR or 80 today. I'd rather go with Pac, but I could give EY a try. I'm also willing to lynch Jif, but he's lower on my list. 

My list in order:

Pac

Ey

Hallia

Jif

Friday's I'm scarce, as most of you know. I'll be around off and on the next couple of hours, and then I'm out for the night. 

^^^ Lily's first meaningful contribution of this period of play.  Suggests a willingness to vote Hallia. 

On 5/27/2016 at 5:50 PM, Leelou said:

unvote, vote Hallia

^^^ OK I was wrong earlier.  Leelou jumped off Hallia briefly, I believe to vote me, then went right back to her.

On 5/27/2016 at 7:02 PM, Smashmouth said:

I think a JIF EY scum effort would be too obvious, they wouldn't do that.

^^^ Smash defends EY here.  Not sure what to make of that.  Don't think its distancing.

On 5/29/2016 at 10:24 AM, Verbal said:

Vote Count

Pac (1) - Lily

DPR (2) - Lizzy, EY

Ballin (1) - Hallia

JiF (1) - Smash

Decker (2) - 80, Pac

Hallia (5) - Nyn, AVM, JC, JiF, Leelou

Crusher (1) - Decker

EY (1) - DPR

abc

^^^ Here the Hallia train has built sufficiently to allow for a bus vote.  Stay tuned.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Lily reacting to Leelou's scum reads of JC, Decker and Hallia.

^^^ EY showing willingness to vote Smash for his idiocy. 

^^^ Crusher commenting on Smash.

^^^ JC standing by his Smash vote.

^^^ Here AVM drops the 3rd vote on Hallia.

Pac, not JC

On 5/29/2016 at 0:11 PM, Jetscode1 said:

Unvote, Vote Smash

On 5/30/2016 at 1:18 PM, Jetscode1 said:

you didn't...she is scum with smash and 80.

^^^ JC still on Smash, with his vote on Hallia.  JC has to be town, right?

On 5/30/2016 at 2:16 PM, Nynaeve said:

Hallia ISO - 42 posts

Hide contents

- post with a sad smiley about me joke voting her and asking Lee if she can be in on the alliance.
- post acknowledging my love to her
- post saying morning to Lily
- spoooooky post
- post saying she's not a beer fan either and how she's prolly gonna die now.
- post responding to something irt DPR's kid and his run.
- post saying she loves us all
- post talking about flavored beer
- Post agreeing with Crusher. First game related post. Basically DPR said he was leaning voting 80. Crusher said yes, to please remove one of the active players cause he was having a hard time keeping up and she seconds it. 
- post saying she doesn't see 80 or Lily being scum here.
- post joking with geyno and then telling me she was joking about agreeing with Crusher earlier. Schmoozes me a bit. The reason I asked her was because on one point she was agreeing with Crusher's support of DPR leaning 80 and then later saying she didn't think 80 was scum. Didn't make sense. Anyways at the end of this post she votes Calder. No explanation given. At this point Lee and I were questioning him.
- post explaining why her previous response was sort of broken. 
- post giving me a town read due to my questioning of Calder irt suspecting Lily. Says Lee is a townie too. Basically says NOT WTL: Leelou, me, 80 and Lily. WTL: Calder and Lizzie. Lizzie she doesn't actually mention at all up to this point. She doesn't really mention Calder either, really, seeing as it's Lee and me questioning him.
- post in response to AVM asking her if she's scummy sort of jokingly. She says she's not scummy cause if she was, he'd have a case and vote her. Kind of a weird response. Then she schmoozes him and tells him just to ask me. I don't like that she's catering to me. 
- post in response to me saying jokingly that if she's scum i'd gain all my weight back. She asserts she's not scum, but that even if she was I'd still be beautiful :P  Adds a taunt at Calder, saying he wishes she was in his team.  >.>
- post in response to Ballin's read list, claiming she's not skating by and tells him to keep trying. I actually forgot about this. Makes her vote on ballin even worse to me cause it seems pretty omgusy. Her WTL did not include Ballin up until he writes her down as scum in his list.
- post criticizing Ballin's read list, saying it's 80% null content and null reads. But his list did contain 3 scum leans and 2 town leans, albeit with not much reasoning. But this was around page 22. So this criticism seems somewhat displaced to me coming from Hallia. Especially because we joked off for a long while at the beginning and there have been quite a few low posters. Halli herself provided 4 town reads and 2 scum reads with no reasoning... so this reaction is.... interesting.
- post telling JC she ain't scared of being suspected. Then she questions Calder for his reasoning for telling DPR that he should shoot her. This is also an interesting question, considering she put Calder and Lizzie in her WTL and VOTED for Calder, but never explains herself why. Also tells Ballin that she maintains the same town reads because of gameplay.
- post where she tells Calder he's disregarding her most recent game on DM where she was mislynched as town. 
- post pointing out that Calder was speccing the game.
- post using Calder speccing the game to try to make him look bad.
- post adding ballin to her WTL list, saying she doesn't like his read list and it felt like he was posting just to post.
- post poking me for voting her and ignoring her point irt Calder. 
- post telling me she's fine with me starting a competing train on her. Trying to schmooze me with flirting.
- post saying that it sucks that we lost the doc.
- post saying Calder isn't a DMer.
- Asks CTM why he thinks Leelou is scum. He doesn't actually answer from what I saw.
- post saying morning
- post comforting Verbal
- post asking if CTM had a read list. >.>  This is interesting because she should have at least known that he had Lee as a scum read.
- post asking Lee to be more specific on her finding halli's interaction with calder weird.
- post saying she's still town reading Lee and she's willing to go ballin or lizzie. Pouty response at me for not wanting her love.
- post saying she's lonely
- post where she votes for Lizzie cause she says no one can be that obtuse. Has she ever met Lizzie?
- post going lulz and switching her vote to ballin once someone tells her that Lizzie is the anarchist. 
- post saying work is keeping her busy. Says she's still got a town read on Lee and a scum read on ballin.
- post finally answering me irt ballin. She says he's sailing along and that no one is calling him out on it and repeats she doesn't like his read list.
- bla bla post
- bla bla post
- post telling me she responded to my question. Ballin question? sorta. CTM question? nope.
- post apologizing for not being around over the weekend. Saying she's catching up. But then goes poof and doesn't post anything.

So Halli started off with an off the hip town read on Lily and 80. Then added Lee and myself. And a scum read on Calder and Lizzie. Never mentioned Calder and Lizzie up until that point that I saw. Later adds Ballin even though he basically had the same amount of reads she had (ie 5-6 reads that weren't null), simply because he posted the ENTIRE roster and added some jokes and null reads in it. Her whole back and forth with Calder and what she was using to FoS him actually happened AFTER she dropped a vote on him. The vote at the time, came with no real explanation. And she sort of picked up a reason to suspect Calder afterwards saying he was misrepping her meta. On day 2 she adds that she's also suspecting Ballin for coasting, in addition to the read list he provided d1. Which begs the question of why she never addressed any of the other players who were hardly posting as well, if that's a point of interest to her. And there's also the matter of having to drag responses out of her. And her not pursuing CTM's read list after he got NKed, seeing she's the one who brought it up in the first place. 

I don't see any progression. She just threw some reads in the beginning and she's been basically dead in the water since. 

^^^ Nyn posts an EXTENSIVE ISO on Hallia.  Once again, I will not be killing Nyn this game. 

On 5/30/2016 at 2:51 PM, AVM said:

So to add to what Nyn has already said...

Calder brought up a point about her that I discussed before we lynched him -- at the time I said meh, don't think I agree and was leaning to lynch Calder.  He was talking about Hallia being really obvious when she is town, and it reminded me of last game (in which Hallia was town for the first time in who knows how long) where she literally on page one said something to the effect of yay I'm town woohoo!!

She nearly got lynched for it, but her excitement was pretty genuine throughout the game.  She seemed more helpful and present at deadlines (we've only had one to this point...so probably not a fair criticism).  She was very much more open last game while getting constant questions from D1, whereas this game she's been questioned/suspected by several since we started and it just feels like she's hiding.

Overall post count total isn't that different (maybe slightly lower compared to the average in this game, but not by much) -- it's just an overall feel of dodginess.

^^^ AVM's first meaningful post of this period since voting Hallia.  Backs up Nyn's points. 

On 5/30/2016 at 5:32 PM, Lily said:

unvote

Vote Hallia

She isn't my first choice but I do think she's been scummy. And we need to consolidate. I'm starting to feel bad about JC, naming people I think are town (ie Nyn and Smash) as scum. 

^^^ Boom.  Lily drops the 6th vote on Hallia.  This is very much in the bus wheelhouse, compared to the other Hallia voters we're considering today. 

On 5/30/2016 at 7:43 PM, Jetscode1 said:

unvote

Vote Hallia

^^^ JC flips back to Hallia here.  Not a bus vote, since he was already on Smash.

On 5/31/2016 at 6:20 AM, Smashmouth said:

JC for someone who is 100 % sure on scum you sure do a piss poor job of making that point. You pop in the thread place a vote claim that person is scum with absolutely zero explanation and then want people to follow you.

You make these soft claims every game sometimes you're scum sometimes not either way you're not getting to far with this strategy.

Unvote JIF

Vote JC1

^^^ Here Smash goes after JC.

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

How?

I've felt good about him all game, it has to do with his level of involvement. He hasn't dropped off at all, and his complaining earlier about the game is not the same he does as scum. I should know, I was on a scum team with him both times he basically blew them up. 

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Why the vote change here Nyn?

I felt iffy about both of them. Calder was making meta assertions about Halli that weren't really correct in my experience. On the other hand she was answering really poorly to him, trying to latch on to him spectating that one game where all she needed to do was say it wasn't true. And she felt a bit off. So I voted him initially and then I wanted to start a competing train on her. I moved to her at the same time Ballin and Crusher did (I think there was like a minute apart?). I didn't see their vote shift until i posted, not that it really mattered. 

On 5/31/2016 at 9:50 AM, Verbal said:

Day is still on.

Vote Count

Hallia (7) - Nyn, AVM, JiF, Leelou, DPR, Lily, JC

DPR (2) - Lizzy, EY

Crusher (2) - Decker, Pac

Ballin (1) - Hallia

Smash (1) - 80

JC (1) - Smash

On 5/31/2016 at 1:57 PM, The Crusher said:

vote decker

On 5/31/2016 at 2:01 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Sweet.  Unvote vote Decker

On 5/31/2016 at 2:03 PM, Lizard King said:

decker

On 5/31/2016 at 2:04 PM, JiF said:

Unovte

Vote decker

^^^ Decker train starts to come together. 

On 5/31/2016 at 2:12 PM, Nynaeve said:

Yeah... I'm not moving from Halli.

^^^ Nyn firmly plants on Hallia.

On 5/31/2016 at 2:17 PM, Lily said:

I'll be around most of the time before deadline. I'd be happy to switch to Decker. 

On 5/31/2016 at 2:34 PM, Lily said:

Maybe Decker can get some traction tomorrow. I came on, intending to switch, but Halli is close now, so I won't. 

^^^ Lily states she's willing to switch to Decker if needed.  Interesting.  Is this distancing from both her teammates, or town play?

And after this, Pac drops the hammer on Hallia. 

On 5/25/2016 at 8:26 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Vote Count

Calder (6) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily, JC, Nyn

Decker (3) - Crusher, CTM, 80

Ballin (2) - AVM, Crusher

80 (1) - Decker

DPR (1) - Crusher

Lily (1) - Calder

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (6) - Pac, JiF, Lily, Ballin, LK, EY

With 18 alive (+ ghost Hess) it takes 1 stupid vote by DPR for a life to be snuffed out in this stupid game.

Deadline:  Whenever the f*ck DPR decides whilst sipping a martini.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:27 AM, Nynaeve said:

And you should understand me a bit better than that too. If I try to hear you out, trolling me in response is a stupid thing to do.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:29 AM, Nynaeve said:

unvote

vote hallia

what changed in the in between?  6 votes on Calder, you accuse him of trolling, then boom...the move to Hallia.

Seems rather odd????

What do I need to explain? The fact that I don't believe EY would go completely out of his way to expose Smash as being idiot scum if they were teammates?

I don't understand how him disputing Smash's plan means something.

He was the the first to call BS on it, and stayed on him for several exchanges.  It means a lot.

But when it mattered and he was asked who was his top to be lynched, he said Lily and not Smash. Like maybe my impression is skewed because I think Lily is town, but that shift still bothers me.