Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

20 hours ago, AVM said:

Probably would have put Lily #1 before this lmao...awesome.

I'd say toss up between her and Smash.  Re-read last night made me feel better about JC, was remarkably consistent.  It felt like he would have been more opportunistic if scum, tbh.

20 hours ago, Lily said:

It's posts like this that really make me wonder about you, AVM. You have been completely null for the whole game to me, which is concerning me at this point.  This post pushed you over into my scum pile. Smash reads town to me, and I know I'm town. 

20 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

80 I'm a villager and I've made myself very clear as to whom I would like to see lynched.

My top 3 were EY, JC and Decker. I liked the decker move because I thought it made EY a top suspect but you don't agree with that assessment but JIF did as well as some others

You should also take notice PAC did not re-king EY for a reason, he can't say but that's a telling position that Pac left us from the grave. EY agreed his lynch was underwhelming but I feel he was playing the aww shucks game while killing off town. He also deflected from Decker a few times. EY played it smart going for the inactive townie no way he was going to kill any of the more experienced town players and expose himself that early in the game. 

JC keeps claiming I'm scum and not participating when in fact he's offered next to nothing this game. There has been little to no interaction between EY and JC as well .

You know my scum hunting play style I'm an end gamer and there's nothing out of the ordinary with my play at all . I play the confusion game early and pounce late.

These are interesting to me. AVM and Lilly interaction here.  Very omgus, without the vote, reaction from Lilly.  80 made it really clear he would not be lynching EY yesterday.  Like Smash was going after EY knowing trying to set up EY to look a little better after his demise and eventual flip. The last sentence of Smash's post was the first thing I read that gave me that sickly oh you be scum feeling.

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In other words if you want EY dead it is unlikely going to be me who is the one who takes him out, unless of course I get named king later and some new information comes available.

The other 4 I listed is the pool I'm prepared to lynch from today. 

Like I said was obvious EY was not going to be the choice.

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

TOWN

Lizzie

Nyn

Crusher

Leelou

EY

Lily

AVM

Smash

JC

SCUM

This shows that Smash had every reason to think he very well would be the lynch and with EY in the middle would make sense to try and make EY look better by going after him a bit.  JC certainly looks better after the lynch.  Yet I have played scum with SCM and went after him like JC did Smash most game. I just cant imagine Smash being a very good sport about it in the scum thread.  LOL 

I think there are 2 assassins left.  18 player game, assassins are roleless....5 makes sense.  So after I die tonight it'll be 6 on 2.  2 incorrect king decisions and the Asassins win, though if scum is chosen as King and chooses the Hero, that shifts things nicely.

The night was dark and full of terrors........wait, wrong flavor.  There once was a man from Nantucket......nope, still wrong.

**** it.  Somebody died.

Lizzy has been night killed.  He was

the

Anarchist! (villager)

The village got together and noticed a new sign pinned in the village square.  Free hugs, just bow to your King!

"FFS", they groaned.  "This wanker again."

80 is the King!  All hail the King!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Obviously Smash knew Decker was scum.  Hmmm.

Was going to respond to the above, but can just respond here...

Smash certainly could be distancing himself from me based on this day alone.  However, it started the day before that, well before 80 was made King and mentioned that he would not take me out.

As such, the argument then for me as scum would be that Smash (SCUM) pushed for a lynch of Decker (SCUM) to link him to EY (SCUM).

So, effectively, rather than looking in another direction, Smash's goal was to take out two of his teammates, well before there was any need for distancing?  I mean, I know we expect unorthodox play from Smash, but this kind of seems excessive, even for him, no?

When JiF was kinging, EY had his order of preference. It went Crusher, 80, Smash, Lily, Me, Decker. On the phone right now so cant double check but I think that was it. So decker's flip that day looks bad for his placement. And of course when Halli was getting lynched he reduced it to just a "she's acting different" case and left his vote on DPR.

Then 80 becomes king. Gives his top 4 and tells us to vote. In my mind, if he was really THAT concerned about Crusher deep wolfing he would have said something and maybe tried to case him properly. But even leaving that aside? He said he'd vote Lily out of the 4 players. I know he did this big post explaining his shift of placement (ie lily being more iffy than smash), but in light of Smash's flip this is gross too.

28 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Was going to respond to the above, but can just respond here...

Smash certainly could be distancing himself from me based on this day alone.  However, it started the day before that, well before 80 was made King and mentioned that he would not take me out.

As such, the argument then for me as scum would be that Smash (SCUM) pushed for a lynch of Decker (SCUM) to link him to EY (SCUM).

So, effectively, rather than looking in another direction, Smash's goal was to take out two of his teammates, well before there was any need for distancing?  I mean, I know we expect unorthodox play from Smash, but this kind of seems excessive, even for him, no?

I do agree with that.  Thanks for responding.

On 6/6/2016 at 8:45 PM, AVM said:

Overall thoughts on the first part of the re-read:

Deckers timing for jumping on and off trains, his placement on Crush at one deadline, and overall lack of being around still put him #1 for me

Still don't like the way 80 played the twice pushed back deadline.  Didn't get to more recent posts in this read but hated the backup kingmaker should reveal post, too.

JC is, at the very least, extremely consistent in his reads of Smash and a few others

I still would have gone Ballin or Decker in EY's shoes.  Too much of the big argumentative issues come across as town on town in retrospect, IMO.

I need to look closer at whether or not Lily came back to Decker -- if so, I'd put her middle of the pack.  If not, I think she's in a mix for 3rd.  Decker first, 80 second, and Lily/Smash/JiF/Leelou/Crush (I think I'd go that order) all sort of meshed in the middle.  I guess OMGUS with Crush? idk, if pressed I wouldn't want anyone past Smash lynched the next couple of phases.  JC comes off better to me on the re-read, Nyn/EY comes off as town v town, and Lizzie is vetted.  I think that's everyone.

Can you summarize your analysis?

12 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

When JiF was kinging, EY had his order of preference. It went Crusher, 80, Smash, Lily, Me, Decker. On the phone right now so cant double check but I think that was it. So decker's flip that day looks bad for his placement. And of course when Halli was getting lynched he reduced it to just a "she's acting different" case and left his vote on DPR.

Then 80 becomes king. Gives his top 4 and tells us to vote. In my mind, if he was really THAT concerned about Crusher deep wolfing he would have said something and maybe tried to case him properly. But even leaving that aside? He said he'd vote Lily out of the 4 players. I know he did this big post explaining his shift of placement (ie lily being more iffy than smash), but in light of Smash's flip this is gross too.

EY might have said "Deep wolfing", but Im positive JC used that term. 

Theories for why scum killed Lizzie instead of me:

1.  Narrows the pool of potential "Heroes" for the king to hit and thus potentially waste a day, with a townie king getting killed off.

2.  They expected I might be named king again, but that I'm off with my remaining reads.