Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Honey. Town only has two mislynches before we lose. So if your town you might want to rethink being ok with it.  Ok? Thanks.

Okay. I'm not okay with it. :P

On 5/31/2016 at 2:34 PM, Lily said:

Maybe Decker can get some traction tomorrow. I came on, intending to switch, but Halli is close now, so I won't. 

Okay, so here we are where I made this observation, and first thing to note she definitely came back to Decker.  See below, with commentary, every post from the day following the above post.

On 6/1/2016 at 11:03 PM, Lily said:

ISO Decker

- Is excited that the game is open

- Votes Crusher. Says he’s evil

- Declares he’s a mink

- Suggests going to IHOP

- Replies to Calder’s post citing Pac’s morning ritual. Says it’s gross.

- Claims to be scum MVP of Harry Potter. Claims Ape’s soul.

- Wonders why bed sheets are even a thing

- Extols the virtues of sleeping on the floor

- Suggests we go for CTM (who we now know is town) because of CTM’s separation anxiety from being without Ape

- Says tick tock, I assume in reference to the deadline

- Likens the game to a mock trial

- Admits his Ape impression sucks

- Key lime martini (I have no idea what that is in reference to)

- Claims there isn’t any point in voting

- Asks if DPR is confirmed town

- Says he’s dying in Leelou’s towniness

- Suggests we vote 80. Says he’s scum and a liar.

- Basically challenges CTM to vote him.

- Blames his lack of brains on a computer bug

- When 80 suggest making Pac king the next day basically for the lulz, Deck says “You’re merciless”

- “No pls no pirate language” (Huh?)

- Wishes the Hallia/Calder argument would stop

- Approves of DPR sitting back and watching. Calls it pretty cool.

- Now feels that 80 is town because he seems like Ape in a relaxed manner

- Says I seem like a writer

- Votes Crusher

- “lly 2” (not sure what this means)

- Says DPR is king again and just the troll we deserve

- Says to keep DPR king forever. He can vote himself.

- Makes fun of a pic Crushlove posted and called it a pregnancy announcement

- Unvotes. Says Hallia and Jif are probably lost town

- Says Lee and Nyn seem logical and calm. Smash seems angry.

- His phone battery died so he’s way behind

- He says majority vote today and Crusher is acting like scum on happy pills.

- Says Crusher’s behavior is a smokescreen and votes him again or encourages us to. Not sure since it’s not bolded

- Says Crusher changed his tone and whoever was under pressure at that point should be looked at

- Working on reads (which he never gave) and says 80 isn’t scummy anymore

- Responds to Pac’s desire to lynch him. Says he posted a little before the weekend.

- Votes Hallia and asks when deadline is

- Unvotes and votes Hallia

- Says he can’t remember any Hallia posts and voted her because deadline

- Says morning

- “Certified organic or non-GMO?”

And that’s all Decker had to say. Very little content in all of that.

I like Nyn’s ISO on Ballin and could easily vote there or here.

Quoted what seems like literally every post he had to that point.  Basically the highlights are that he votes Crush twice (wifom buss play, sure...but I think I'd lean +points Crusher there), lots of fluff and broken promises.  She goes on to (see below) say that he was "contributing without contributing"...but closes with liking Nyn's ISO on Ballin

On 6/2/2016 at 1:59 PM, Lily said:

I like this, especially the three for scum. Same as my three. 

This is quoting Leelou and her rainbow of reads, at the bottom of which was Decker -- who she listed as her #1 suspect.  I'm pages ahead now, but I believe Ballin was in the bottom three...can't recall who else off the top of my head.

On 6/2/2016 at 2:03 PM, Lily said:

I wanted to see ISOs on both Ballin and Decker. Since Nyn did one, I did the other. They both look bad, and I could be okay with either one of them dying today, but Ballin looks worse. 

Actually seems pretty consistent here, to be honest.  Slight swing to Ballin, but that seems somewhat legitimate if she preferred Nyns case over her own (though I could have sworn Nyn preferred Decker over Ballin)

On 6/2/2016 at 2:14 PM, Lizard King said:

lily

On 6/2/2016 at 2:52 PM, Lily said:

Got anything to back this up?

OMGUS here, as she was with me.  Doesn't necessarily mean scum, just showing all posts as I said above

On 6/2/2016 at 3:13 PM, Lily said:

Vote Ballin

See Nyn's ISO for the why. My second choice would be Decker because he's looking like he's contributing without actually contributing. 

Kind of wavering on my point here, to be honest -- while it's true she didn't vote Decker (and I'll have to keep digging forward to see how she chimed in following Ballin's lynch), he's still in her top 2.  Pair that with a pretty elaborate casing and meh.

On 6/2/2016 at 3:44 PM, gEYno said:

It doesn't.  He's lower on my priorities today.  It was his vote, and then explanation that I did not like.

On 6/2/2016 at 3:45 PM, gEYno said:

Now that Hallia is confirmed, I suppose he isn't a meaningful target today though.

These two caught my eye on the re-read, EY was less interested in Decker.  Again, not sure I'd lean scum here though as he was pretty consistent with that...the whole day he considers Pac (I think?), Crush and Ballin before ultimately choosing Ballin.

On 6/2/2016 at 3:51 PM, Lily said:

I thought I've been participating rather well of late. What would make you more comfortable with me, EY? I've never been a player who is really active right out of the gate, but I'm working on it. I think I'm doing okay now, though. 

This makes me feel less good, despite a pretty compelling case above.  It's just...a really strange post asking EY how she could look more town-like.  That said, I feel like Lily has done this before.

On 6/2/2016 at 6:30 PM, deckerfan said:

Anyone who thinks there is good reason for me being town is probably scum

just saying 

On 6/2/2016 at 6:42 PM, Lily said:

Why would you say that?

Then there is the above (which if memory serves me right, he never answers).  This would be a really strange interaction for scummates to have.  One I've seen CTM have with folks before, but that's not really something I've seen Lily do.  Still, it's strange...and I feel like the only person to hit on this later was maybe JiF? Or JC?  IDK.  I'm on page 100 at this point.

On 6/3/2016 at 0:52 PM, Lily said:

If Pac is Kingmaker, why did he decide to make DPR king a second time? He was one of the loudest complainers of the way DPR handled things. 

Strange post, too.  Doubting Pac as kingmaker I think? Not at the night scene yet but I think Pac dies that night...so probably not a post she'd make if she were thinking of NKing Pac.  But wifom, I guess.  

Kind of feeling better after the above, tbh.  I wouldn't say clear due to a couple of weird posts in there...but I at least feel better as she definitely followed up.

On 6/4/2016 at 6:25 AM, Leelou said:

Leelou
Lizzy - claimed Anarchist, used role D2
Pac - claimed Kingmaker
Crushlove

Nyn
JiF
Lily
AVM

JC

EY
Smash
Decker

DEAD
Calder - Doc - Lynched D1 via King DPR
CTM - town - NK N1

Hallia - scum - Lynched D2 via majority
Dirty Pirate - town - NK N2
Ballin - town - Lynched D3 via King EY

On 6/4/2016 at 1:09 PM, Lily said:

I can never remember what the colors mean (other than blue and red) but I can read the order. Why is JC so high on your list. He hasn't done that much. I'd flip him and 80. I'm just curious to know what you're seeing that I'm not. 

Questions JC

On 6/4/2016 at 3:03 PM, Jetscode1 said:

JC = Accurate scum hunter.  What have you done?

On 6/4/2016 at 3:28 PM, Lily said:

I'm asking questions and giving my thoughts. Your accuracy has yet to be determined. Smash is still alive. Have you gone after anyone else?

On 6/4/2016 at 3:29 PM, Lily said:

JC, I was asking for Leelou's thoughts. Wasn't that a bit defensive of you?

Strange interaction above...struck me as odd like the ones in the last block of quotes.

On 6/4/2016 at 3:40 PM, Lily said:

Town

Lily

Lizzy – claimed anarchist

Pac – claimed kingmaker

Leelou

Crushlove

Nyn

AVM

JiF

EY

Smash

JC

Decker

Scum

I've never ordered people before. I usually do a read's list. This was kind of weird to do. Like, Crush and Nyn are equally townie to me. 

Reduced font size for the sake of space.  Still has Decker as #1, at this point fair to say at least on my question of coming back to Decker I was wrong.  Strange she didn't really call me out for being wrong, in retrospect...but wrong nonetheless.  JC and Smash also appear near her bottom.  Points for Smash and Decker being in bottom 3.

On 6/4/2016 at 5:02 PM, Lily said:

If I were king, I would listen to the town's thoughts, and make a decision based on what we all seem to want. Yeah, I thought it was kind of weird that both you and Smash ended up near the bottom of my list. Like I said, listing in order was new and kind of strange. I think you and I have different agendas here. I'm trying to have a conversation and you seem to be leaning towards a confrontation. 

See, every time there is a reads post I feel better...but then there's something like this that sort of passively reads like asking to be made king.

On 6/4/2016 at 7:35 PM, Lily said:

When I ISOd Decker, he didn't have any content to speak of. He's repping posts where people talk about him negatively. And I was pretty sure that either he or Ballin was scum, based on Hallia's interactions with them. Ballin wasn't. 

I think the same thing with you and Smash. One of you is probably scum. Just not sure which one yet. 

I'm not a fan of the "either or is scum" logic, but it doesn't make it scummy necessarily.  Still...I'd think after Ballin being a bust and being sure either Ballin or Decker were scum she'd be screaming only Decker at this point.

On 6/6/2016 at 9:21 AM, Verbal said:

The night took ******* forever to pass.  But you awoke with the weird feeling of hearing lawnmower sounds in your sleep.

Pac has been night killed!

He was

Reveal hidden contents

Pac dead, like suggested before

On 6/6/2016 at 2:10 PM, Lily said:

I hope you had a great birthday!

Just quoting so I don't miss anything, lol

On 6/6/2016 at 2:13 PM, Lily said:

Even after understanding that there is only one backup Kingmaker, 80 is still behind this idea. He just dropped down my list a few pegs. 

80 moves up in her list, but for a good reason -- same reason I asked Verb about the win mechanics.

On 6/6/2016 at 4:00 PM, Lily said:

I guess it isn't inherently scummy, but I like this format and it isn't going to be regular mafia. There's no power roles, which is an important part of regular mafia. 

For the life of me I don't remember what this is referring to and I'm afraid to go back pages and lose this post

On 6/6/2016 at 5:39 PM, Lily said:

Me, too. 

Or this one...fAilVM

On 6/6/2016 at 5:43 PM, Lily said:

I've never felt a scum vibe from Smash this game, so I'm glad he's not on your list. JC, I could vote, if we were voting. Replace EY with Decker and you have my top three. 

Wait...what?

Smash is in her top 3 for scum, but she's never felt a scum vibe on him? This is in response to JiF's top 3 (which doesn't include Smash at the time)

And suddenly I'm interested in Lily again

On 6/6/2016 at 5:53 PM, Lily said:

Decker is my #1. He has contributed nothing at all, really. 

Sticks with Decker...but the Smash comment is a serious WTF

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2016 at 10:40 PM, Lily said:

Town

Lily

Lizzy – claimed anarchist

Pac – claimed kingmaker

Leelou

Crushlove

Nyn

AVM

JiF

EY

Smash

JC

Decker

Scum

I've never ordered people before. I usually do a read's list. This was kind of weird to do. Like, Crush and Nyn are equally townie to me. 

On 6/5/2016 at 0:30 AM, Jetscode1 said:

I want to lynch scum.  Why Decker over me or smash?

On 6/5/2016 at 2:35 AM, Lily said:

When I ISOd Decker, he didn't have any content to speak of. He's repping posts where people talk about him negatively. And I was pretty sure that either he or Ballin was scum, based on Hallia's interactions with them. Ballin wasn't. 

I think the same thing with you and Smash. One of you is probably scum. Just not sure which one yet. 

On 6/7/2016 at 0:43 AM, Lily said:

I've never felt a scum vibe from Smash this game, so I'm glad he's not on your list. JC, I could vote, if we were voting. Replace EY with Decker and you have my top three. 

On 6/7/2016 at 0:53 AM, Lily said:

Decker is my #1. He has contributed nothing at all, really. 

On 6/7/2016 at 9:18 PM, Lily said:

It's posts like this that really make me wonder about you, AVM. You have been completely null for the whole game to me, which is concerning me at this point.  This post pushed you over into my scum pile. Smash reads town to me, and I know I'm town. 

Some prominent stance posts that Lily made. This is actually quite a bit coming from her. She's usually not as vocal imo. I'm not even sure if i've ever seen her ISO like she did with decker. If she's scumming me, hats off because this is the most effort I've seen out of her. 

Her read list from 5 days ago actually has both decker and smash in her top three.... but she follows up later saying she never felt a scum vibe from smash the entire game... and yet in her back and forth with JC she said she thought one of him/smash was scum and wasn't sure which. @Lily I don't understand how Smash made it to your top 3 for scum in your read list when later you're solidly town reading him and claim you have the entire time. Explain?

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Some prominent stance posts that Lily made. This is actually quite a bit coming from her. She's usually not as vocal imo. I'm not even sure if i've ever seen her ISO like she did with decker. If she's scumming me, hats off because this is the most effort I've seen out of her. 

Her read list from 5 days ago actually has both decker and smash in her top three.... but she follows up later saying she never felt a scum vibe from smash the entire game... and yet in her back and forth with JC she said she thought one of him/smash was scum and wasn't sure which. @Lily I don't understand how Smash made it to your top 3 for scum in your read list when later you're solidly town reading him and claim you have the entire time. Explain?

Smash was down near the bottom of my list strictly due to POE. I never felt a scum vibe from him all game and was surprised when he flipped. I was pretty sure JC was scum, but if not, then I must be wrong about Smash. Turns out, I had that backwards. 

Also Lily, early on you gave AVM a town read. So the assertion that he's been null the entire game is.... eh. I mean you do have him in the middle of your read list from 5 days ago but lack of coloring makes it somewhat unclear.

Just now, Nynaeve said:

Also Lily, early on you gave AVM a town read. So the assertion that he's been null the entire game is.... eh. I mean you do have him in the middle of your read list from 5 days ago but lack of coloring makes it somewhat unclear.

I'm not sure why I gave AVM a town read earlier on, tbh. I have to admit, also, that his recent work is making me doubt my read of him. His tone is pretty townie, being neutral towards me, rather than accusing. He isn't sure, and says so. Scum, I would think, would be pushing in his position. 

That's why I originally said I'd be okay with being the lynch today. I don't know where to go from here. I really don't have anyone I feel strongly about as scum. And if I survive today, kingmaker, please DON'T make me king. That would be the blind leading the sighted. 

2 minutes ago, Lily said:

That's why I originally said I'd be okay with being the lynch today. I don't know where to go from here. I really don't have anyone I feel strongly about as scum. And if I survive today, kingmaker, please DON'T make me king. That would be the blind leading the sighted. 

This almosts reads like you'd be afraid to hit the hero. 

26 minutes ago, AVM said:

Actually seems pretty consistent here, to be honest.  Slight swing to Ballin, but that seems somewhat legitimate if she preferred Nyns case over her own (though I could have sworn Nyn preferred Decker over Ballin)

Nope. I preferred Ballin. It was a mix of Halli's actions that made me lean more towards his way and the fact that he was posting around in other parts of JN and not the game. He was AWOL for like 6-7 RL days. Seemed more dirty.

14 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I dunno. I'm getting super paranoid about scum's choice to shoot Lizzie the previous night, knowing 80 would most likely be King'd again and most likely keep on with the same list. I don't like it.

Exactly.  Part of my paranoia as well.  Wondering if I should just shoot JC. 

F*ck it.  90 minutes to deadline, I'm making the call now, since we're unlikely to get any more information than we already have.

Sorry Lily, but I gotta point back to the voting behavior on Day 2.  You were the closest thing to a "bus" I can identify.  Everyone else was either firmly planted on Hallia OR early voters.  Other than EY of course, but I'm not killing him, at least not today.  Plus, your willingness to die today is weirding me out.  You played great regardless of alignment, and hopefully your death will prove informative at the very least.

*** OFFICIAL ***

Vote: Lily

(Leelou, use any gruesome means you see fit for this murder)

@Verbal

I think that it would be suicidal for scum to keep you alive to kill them when in previous nights they weren't rushing to get rid of lizzie. JC looked great after Smash's flip and EY has been removed from your immediate POE. And that's assuming your town reads are clean, which fwiw I think they are. We still have a Kingsmaker and a Hero out there.

Just now, Nynaeve said:

and... nvm. I hope you pull a Smash again. Pretty much the only time I'd be okay with being wrong.

Just can't see AVM going out of his way to defend Lily if he's scum, and I wasn't really interested in killing anybody else today.  This was the only call to make.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  I just have no clue how we'll handle things tomorrow.