Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

The night was dark and full of terrors........wait, wrong flavor.  There once was a man from Nantucket......nope, still wrong.

**** it.  Somebody died.

Lizzy has been night killed.  He was

Hide contents

the

Anarchist! (villager)

Cowards!

send me the DT, bastard

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

I think it would be AVM, personally. I know Lily's play a lot better and I think she's in her town range. I'm not as good at reading Crusher, but I feel like he's town. 

Same reason on Crush as you used on me.  Inability to read?  Soft defense of Lily noted.

11 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Let's see...I can recall posts where you make the same excuse...didn't see Hallia as scum, didn't see a dirty decker (above post is on decker), and finally you thought Smash was super clean.

Yet, you can easily recall where I use the term "deep wolf".

Yes.  did not find Halia dirty.  Pretty sure I thought Decker was dirty but struggled with whether it was for his content or his inactivity.  Super clean on Smash?  I said Super clean?  Or are you replacing my words. Cause I dont remember using Super clean.

Going through Lily's posts: she defended Smash a lot in the beginning and had him as a constant town read, she wasn't sold on the Hally case, but did switch to vote her. Consistently had Decker in her scum list, but thought Ballin was scum over him the day Ballin was lynched. She's had JC as scum, 80 and Crusher as town. 

I can see her as either alignment looking back through her posts. 80, it's your call. 

On 6/6/2016 at 5:53 PM, The Crusher said:

Ey or AVM are both Im ok with.  Liz(due to role) + Nyn(due to case on Halia) would be my best feel for town.  Smash Leelou my next tier for town. Lilly, not sure about actually.  One i could take a look at it.

I did put smash as my next tier for town. Superclean?  Still looking.

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Problem is I keep coming back to this train:

Final Vote Count

Hallia (9) - Nyn, AVM, Leelou, Lily, JC, Decker, JiF, DPR, Lizzy

Decker (3) - Crusher, 80, Pac

DPR (1) - EY

Ballin (1) - Hallia

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (1) - Ballin

Nyn, AVM, Leelou and Lily were your first 4 voters.  The chances can't be very good that 2/4 of those are our final scum, right? 

JC was a later vote, which makes him a more likely bus candidate.  Meanwhile, EY wasn't on the train at all, much like Assassins Hallia and Smash stayed completely away from both Hallia and Decker.

I keep coming back to this train as well.  Put a gun to my head and I'd choose:  Lily, Crush and Nyn (I still need to fully vet her).  I know I'm a possible due to positioning but I'm not the scum.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Later Smash.  Nobody can say you didn't do everything you could to get to end game.  Had me fooled majority of the game.  We played buddy 

I did compliment him here for fooling me.   Superclean?  Can we go with relatively clean instead. Id be ok with that.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

These are interesting to me. AVM and Lilly interaction here.  Very omgus, without the vote, reaction from Lilly.  80 made it really clear he would not be lynching EY yesterday.  Like Smash was going after EY knowing trying to set up EY to look a little better after his demise and eventual flip. The last sentence of Smash's post was the first thing I read that gave me that sickly oh you be scum feeling.

Leaning AVM or Lily as scum here?

57 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I am also questioning why scum chose to shoot Lizzie tonight vs the King, like they've done in the last two nights.

Because Lizzy was confirmed town and 80 is not.  But you knew that...why add that question now?  Sow the wifom?

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Theories for why scum killed Lizzie instead of me:

1.  Narrows the pool of potential "Heroes" for the king to hit and thus potentially waste a day, with a townie king getting killed off.

2.  They expected I might be named king again, but that I'm off with my remaining reads. 

Why do you feel the need to post this?

38 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I was town reading you...I like to town read you...but I needed to re-read and that re-read now makes you suspect.  Your interactions with me but also the game flow are the main reasons. 

Okay, now that I'm on the computer. Can you show me what's bothering you? Cause I don't quite understand what you mean by flow and my interactions with you. Have you actually reread all of my content? Cause I've made it pretty clear all along that I'm unsure about you. You're always a difficult read for me. You always kind of lean to the side of scummy, because I like fleshed out thoughts and it's not really your style. Not saying it as a judgement, you can play however you like, but that's usually how I see it. So I have tried to sort of get why you were so locked on Smash. You and JiF for that matter. 

44 minutes ago, Lily said:

I can see why I'm a top suspect today, 80. All I can say is I'm a villager. For what it's worth, AVM is my only real suspect at this time. 

Way to keep your poop in a nice group.  Care to add a suspect or some other observations?

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes.  did not find Halia dirty.  Pretty sure I thought Decker was dirty but struggled with whether it was for his content or his inactivity.  Super clean on Smash?  I said Super clean?  Or are you replacing my words. Cause I dont remember using Super clean.

Not sure what words you used but you had Smash in your town pile or maybe you were just confused?  

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

Not sure what words you used but you had Smash in your town pile or maybe you were just confused?  

Oh. OK.  Had had Smash in my second tier of town. Yes.  Really didnt expect him until his last sentence in a post he made before his lynch. 

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I did compliment him here for fooling me.   Superclean?  Can we go with relatively clean instead. Id be ok with that.

LOL...Despite the game you always get me to chuckle.  Next time I'll just say..."you didn't think he was scum".  OK?

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

Yeah.  Thinking Lily at this point over AVM?  Thoughts on Nyn?

Why are you asking me a question quoting the exact thing I just answered? Nyn?  Kinda with 80 on this. Nyn?  With 80 on her.  The way she put Halia away kinda hard to picture her as scum.

14 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Okay, now that I'm on the computer. Can you show me what's bothering you? Cause I don't quite understand what you mean by flow and my interactions with you. Have you actually reread all of my content? Cause I've made it pretty clear all along that I'm unsure about you. You're always a difficult read for me. You always kind of lean to the side of scummy, because I like fleshed out thoughts and it's not really your style. Not saying it as a judgement, you can play however you like, but that's usually how I see it. So I have tried to sort of get why you were so locked on Smash. You and JiF for that matter. 

I'm not solid on you as I was before...just kicking the tires...but I observe that you struggle to judge us old guys...me, Smash and Crush...not sure if it means anything or not...just an observation...never really noticed it before...but it does have a value of allowing you to have an ally (someone you have yet to judge) at the end game.  Just saying I need to confirm my reads on you and Elle who I've had as town read since Hallia's demise.  I like my mafia players a little muddy because this tells me they've offended some players along the way and right now you and Elle look "super clean"...some might say...too clean.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Was going to respond to the above, but can just respond here...

Smash certainly could be distancing himself from me based on this day alone.  However, it started the day before that, well before 80 was made King and mentioned that he would not take me out.

As such, the argument then for me as scum would be that Smash (SCUM) pushed for a lynch of Decker (SCUM) to link him to EY (SCUM).

So, effectively, rather than looking in another direction, Smash's goal was to take out two of his teammates, well before there was any need for distancing?  I mean, I know we expect unorthodox play from Smash, but this kind of seems excessive, even for him, no?

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

I hope in light of my post above, you'd consider the relative absurdity of me working with smash/decker.  Even before Decker was killed, Smash is linking me with him.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

This does nothing to explain the strategy put forth regarding smash/decker/myself.

Oh, I wasn't talking about what Smash was doing. I was talking about what YOU were doing.

I care a lot more about the player's content and stances. Scum spew works as an aid, but I wouldn't use it solely to base a read on a player, unless that player has like ZERO content and that's the only thing I have to work with. Basically what you're doing right now is defending yourself using wifom from Smash's spew. Just like you were using wifom you wouldn't NK DPR and saying how absurd it would be for you to do that as scum. Suffice to say I'm not impressed.

You say there was no need to distance? Well Smash was obviously distancing from decker so... apparently? There was a need. Smash was being suspected consistently from like his first/second post into the game by JiF, JC and 80. Yes, JiF had a change of hearts when he was king but I'm pretty sure that was the first time JiF faltered on his read on Smash up until that point. JC never did and I don't think 80 has either until he was made king . Doing something like that when he was suspected since early on makes sense because whoever goes first makes the others look better. So yeah, I don't think it's as far fetched as you're trying to make it seem. 

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm not solid on you as I was before...just kicking the tires...but I observe that you struggle to judge us old guys...me, Smash and Crush...not sure if it means anything or not...just an observation...never really noticed it before...but it does have a value of allowing you to have an ally (someone you have yet to judge) at the end game.  Just saying I need to confirm my reads on you and Elle who I've had as town read since Hallia's demise.  I like my mafia players a little muddy because this tells me they've offended some players along the way and right now you and Elle look "super clean"...some might say...too clean.

Okay, fair enough. Kick away.