Geno was at Decker's camp today

Maxman

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

How exactly do you do the bolded when Geno has already been in contact with both Petty and Hackenberg ?  We got rid of Sanchez and it didn't help Geno .  We got rid of the player before Sanchez and it didn't help Sanchez . Obviously, it's not by getting rid of an issue since that's what we have done for 40+ years and the results have been spotty to bad at best .

In society, they tell us education is the best way to improve your standing . In Church they tell us that education is the best way to improve your standing . To my understanding, those are the only 2 areas of existence .

So again, how exactly do we achieve the bolded  ?

Great point.    My answer is you cut out the bad influence and add the good influence.   Cut Geno and sign Fitz. 

Look ok I don't think for a min that Fitz is some great QB.  What he does bring to the table is leadership and mostly good decision making.  I do think the jets are going to have a great defense. Just need a QB to be smart and not screw it up.  Mentor the kids.  

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

that's a sign of maturity. He may not have the full support of Decker.... but putting all that behind him, he chooses to help Decker and the young kids.

I'm sure he earned a few points in Decker's eyes.

Next thing would be repairing the relationship with that A-hole reporter might be another good move. The guy doesn't deserve it, but all will appreciate the effort.

Geno has a lot of work to do to repair his image in the locker room and this could be a step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Great point.    My answer is you cut out the bad influence and add the good influence.   Cut Geno and sign Fitz. 

Look ok I don't think for a min that Fitz is some great QB.  What he does bring to the table is leadership and mostly good decision making.  I do think the jets are going to have a great defense. Just need a QB to be smart and not screw it up.  Mentor the kids.  

Beloved, Geno is 1 of the Kids.  He's 25 yrs old, and he's better right now than any of the other kids currently on the roster . Exactly why can't he be mentored ? Exactly why can't he improve from where he is if the other 2 kids can ?

A bad student is the product of a terrible teacher because even the worst student will learn even when that student is not trying to learn .

Sometimes, instead of discarding what you don't want to deal with, when you take the time to work with them, you might be pleasantly surprise with what you help to create . There's evil and bad in every single human, but actuating the positive is IMHO far more important to our well being and theirs than constantly pointing out what is wrong .  I would love to have Fitzpatrick on this team along with the 3 other QBs currently on the roster . The problem is, money is an issue, and if it continues to be an issue then I keep those who could have a future and move away from that which does not have a future .

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Beloved, Geno is 1 of the Kids.  He's 25 yrs old, and he's better right now than any of the other kids currently on the roster . Exactly why can't he be mentored ? Exactly why can't he improve from where he is if the other 2 kids can ?

A bad student is the product of a terrible teacher because even the worst student will learn even when that student is not trying to learn .

Sometimes, instead of discarding what you don't want to deal with, when you take the time to work with them, you might be pleasantly surprise with what you help to create . There's evil and bad in every single human, but actuating the positive is IMHO far more important to our well being and theirs than constantly pointing out what is wrong .  I would love to have Fitzpatrick on this team along with the 3 other QBs currently on the roster . The problem is, money is an issue, and if it continues to be an issue then I keep those who could have a future and move away from that which does not have a future .

Exactly Rex Ryan and his clown staff hurt Geno's development in many ways. hopefully Todd Bowles and staff can turn this kid into a franchise QB. 

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Best teacher in the world can't teach the dumbest kid calc.    The dumb kid that has a childish attitude that was not taught very well can be taught by a better teacher and might become a passing student but will never be a honor roll student. 

They all so might even disrupt everyone else's learning because of there childish punk attitude.  Then everyone else is worse off.   Sometimes you have to remove the problem to make the team better.   

20 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Best teacher in the world can't teach the dumbest kid calc.    The dumb kid that has a childish attitude that was not taught very well can be taught by a better teacher and might become a passing student but will never be a honor roll student. 

They all so might even disrupt everyone else's learning because of there childish punk attitude.  Then everyone else is worse off.   Sometimes you have to remove the problem to make the team better.   

It sounds as though you're speaking from experience.  Did you take the short bus to school?

SpecialJoe.jpg

2 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

It's football.  Not rocket science.

3 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

The problem is beloved : There's no such thing as a dumb kid ?  Why do you call this kid a problem and a childish punk when his coach and those around who work closest to him say he's maturing and becoming a better teammate  ?

From my seat, it would appear you took something you have no control over and made it a personal  issue .  Just because someone doesn't dress like me, speak like me  or carry themselves in a manner I consider proper, doesn't mean they have the problem .  When you point your finger, if you would happen to turn your wrist over you would notice 3 of your other fingers are pointing directly at you .

Let a man examine himself first .

Did it ever dawn on you that you might be the childish punk with the problem  ?

Not that I am calling you that mind you .

49 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The problem is beloved : There's no such thing as a dumb kid ?  Why do you call this kid a problem and a childish punk when his coach and those around who work closest to him say he's maturing and becoming a better teammate  ?

From my seat, it would appear you took something you have no control over and made it a personal  issue .  Just because someone doesn't dress like me, speak like me  or carry themselves in a manner I consider proper, doesn't mean they have the problem .  When you point your finger, if you would happen to turn your wrist over you would notice 3 of your other fingers are pointing directly at you .

From your seat you should be able to see that my problem is that he is a terrible QB that I watched play like crap for two years.  That's my problem with Geno, bad at his job and that effects a team I love. 

He is a punk because if all the things he does.   Last was eye black playing catch in his driveway after he got his face broke for being a punk.   

I will never think about him again once he is cut.  

2 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

From your seat you should be able to see that my problem is that he is a terrible QB that I watched play like crap for two years.  That's my problem with Geno, bad at his job and that effects a team I love. 

He is a punk because if all the things he does.   Last was eye black playing catch in his driveway after he got his face broke for being a punk.   

What has he actually done wrong to his teammates or the Jets organization. 

If Bowles thought Geno was at fault why did he cut IK? 

I haven't heard or read of 1 bad thing he's done wrong. 

4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

It sounds as though you're speaking from experience.  Did you take the short bus to school?

SpecialJoe.jpg

I took that bus to school every day as well as on school trips! 

And I remember always hating when the bus driver hit a pothole. Your head literally hit the ceiling on those buses!  lol. 

7 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

yes he's a terrible QB thus far. Personally I have no feelings about the man either way because I don't know him like that .

32 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

yes he's a terrible QB thus far. Personally I have no feelings about the man either way because I don't know him like that .

Exactly.

I almost posted a rant yesterday but deleted if after I reread it thinking that there would be some salty people around after reading it, but you hit it on the head.

It's gone way past football. Its like the majority of the things that I'm hearing people mention in respects to their dislike for Geno leaves me scratching my head like..."Dude, you dont even know the guy. How is that even possible?. YOU NEVER EVEN MET HIM!" 

But of course I must take into account that this has become like a male soap opera and these savage reporting companies like TMZ for example are no damn help. Men have literally turned to gossiping. Looking around everywhere to see what the latest scoop is about a guy and it has nothing to do with football. 

Im amazed how I still hear to this day about Geno's "nude pic"....from grown ass men. Society has quickly gone down this avenue and social media is like "stupidity gone super saiyan". Sure, im not saying that you cant talk about an incident that you've come across about a player. Its the information age and its hard to avoid certain things when they occur, but to literally hear about Airport info that was confirmed not to be accurate and nude pics years later just shows that this has been turned into nothing more than the gossip section. Sounds like being around a bunch of drama queens.  And there's a difference between gossiping and talking. The fact that people actually take it personal is even more shocking. Some of the stuff I've read...to see people get that emotionally invested is actually alittle scary. 

Geno's stats are terrible from his first two years. But he was thrown in to a terrible system way too early. His draft position dropped so everyone knew he needed work.

That said, Fitz wants to break the bank.

No reason to break the bank for Fitz. Hopefully they get him back here and he starts, he is better than Geno right now.

But let's be real, Fitz isn't very good himself. So ultimately the Jets need to be looking for the long term answer. If Geno isn't the answer they will know soon enough.

5 hours ago, Tinstar said:

vlcsnap-2010-07-08-11h14m33s241.png?w=60

"No such thing bad student; only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do."

(then again, his next line may be more useful to Geno: "Now use head for something other than target.")

9 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Geno hasn't missed a practice and is doing superbly. What you described is the self-inflated prima donna that refuses to sign a deal and join the team.

And it's "their" not "there." What grade did you flunk out of?

8 hours ago, jetrider said:

Geno hasn't missed a practice and is doing superbly. What you described is the self-inflated prima donna that refuses to sign a deal and join the team.

And it's "their" not "there." What grade did you flunk out of?

Well thank you for correcting me

lol. You go ahead and compare Geno and Fitz and how the team feels about them.  

Talked to my son, he was one of the coaches at the camp. They take local college football players and have them run the drills. The Jets players and there were a bunch of them there walk around and jump in on the drills here and there.

For the younger group, the college kids played QB for their team. My son went 2 and 0, Fitzpatrick watch out haha. He said he had a 7 year old that was unstoppable on his team lol. Kid made a diving catch and landed on his back at 7 years old.

Anyhow my son Shane said that the camp was excellent and the players were great. He saw Petty walking by and he told him to show the kids how to run play action. 

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Talked to my son, he was one of the coaches at the camp. They take local college football players and have them run the drills. The Jets players and there were a bunch of them there walk around and jump in on the drills here and there.

For the younger group, the college kids played QB for their team. My son went 2 and 0, Fitzpatrick watch out haha. He said he had a 7 year old that was unstoppable on his team lol. Kid made a diving catch and landed on his back at 7 years old.

Anyhow my son Shane said that the camp was excellent and the players were great. He saw Petty walking by and he told him to show the kids how to run play action. 

Did Petty pull out a PS4 controller and told them to pop in Madden? 

Sorry I couldnt help myself! :D

Sounds like it was a great camp though. 

24 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Did Petty pull out a PS4 controller and told them to pop in Madden? 

Sorry I couldnt help myself! :D

Sounds like it was a great camp though. 

I think he is an Xbox One guy.  

Archived