Criminal Minds Mafia Game Thread

I've re-read almost the whole game, and frankly, I've got 3 solid running theories on who could be the 2 scum and sk.

I can't settle in on any of them, so it may be best to just step away... and if I don't die tonight, then I can worry about it. 

I just want to say, looking back over the game... it "looks" like we're all scum. LOL

29 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This stands to me on re-read, like DPR knew he'd be run up early. Which would suggest that a scum mate should vote him early, to avoid being late on the train. Bus strategy.

I'm pretty sure there was a running theme of DPR and possibly some others portraying DPR as an "easy lynch" or "obvious lynch" since even D1. You were going so hard at him and he most likely knew he was coming off looking awful and he was taking the martyr role of poor me, Ape is tugging my braid. 

imo I dont think DPR was sure he was going down. And consdering how close his and Lee's trains got.... it wasn't certain. Like I obviously can't rule it out but I know my own alignment and I doubt Lee is scum. The way she was responding to DPR's nudges seemed genuine.

Also an added note about his claim. I think it was you that said that it was likely him just trying to draw out the doc. Agreed. But then when no one seemed to be buying it, he started slipping into the c9++ talk. Why? He knew Halli said it wasn't that type of game. It wasnt going to give his claim more oomph. What it did, though, was give AJ a fake "gotcha" moment so he could slip on a vote that might come across less bussy. Where's Lily was initially leverging the competing train but then backing off when Lee tore into her.

8 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm pretty sure there was a running theme of DPR and possibly some others portraying DPR as an "easy lynch" or "obvious lynch" since even D1. You were going so hard at him and he most likely knew he was coming off looking awful and he was taking the martyr role of poor me, Ape is tugging my braid. 

imo I dont think DPR was sure he was going down. And consdering how close his and Lee's trains got.... it wasn't certain. Like I obviously can't rule it out but I know my own alignment and I doubt Lee is scum. The way she was responding to DPR's nudges seemed genuine.

Also an added note about his claim. I think it was you that said that it was likely him just trying to draw out the doc. Agreed. But then when no one seemed to be buying it, he started slipping into the c9++ talk. Why? He knew Halli said it wasn't that type of game. It wasnt going to give his claim more oomph. What it did, though, was give AJ a fake "gotcha" moment so he could slip on a vote that might come across less bussy. Where's Lily was initially leverging the competing train but then backing off when Lee tore into her.

Fair points.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Awesome list, right in the middle of competing trains between DPR, Pac and Nolder. 

Isn't it AJ who kept calling Leelou "opportunistic" for her vote on JC???????????

Smash is playing very well, if he's scum. I'm torn.

This is around when I crystalized my read on DPR. He's later go on to make that awful post about Pac's scum tell... and we know how the rest went.

Challenges Pac.

Agrees with DPR, about Pac. The post I shredded DPR for.

Agrees with me.

I saw this as well earlier glad you went back and re posted this

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Curious.

JIF acknowledged your scum tell on D1, and on D2 he also called something out as a scum tell on you, and in both cases he never acted on those observations.

Here, on D1, you moved your vote to JIF. In your own words, saying you go after people with the heat of 1000 suns. However, in the DPR situation, you wanted to slow everyone's roll... 

So, my questions here are, what is your read on JIF? And, why the change in playstyle going from a burning sun to measured patience?

Ape when a reveal is in play it changes everything you should know that about me. I wanted to hear from everyone on DPR and a few had nothing to say yet after his reveal so why in that case would I put him at L-1 ? Thought I made that clear

Nyn when have you ever seen me try the derp clear tactic as scum? You should know better.

I seriously didn't see the hidden comments. I was at work, on my phone, checked the page and saw a picture of a dead dude (like every other ******* reveal so far) and the green letters that said 1x Doc. I posted the FML thing and then put my phone back away. I never looked again.

So yeah, my sh*tty posts last night were working under the impression DPR had flipped what the reveal said - which meant that a lot of people had to be resolved because I felt there was a good case on him. 

45 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

I legit did not see the hidden comments thing under the original post. I'm playing on my phone and was reading in a rush for the reveal. I seriously didn't see it until now when I went back and looked

so lolme

Same 

I'm serious it's not a scum tell I've been on my phone this whole time too and didn't notice

Nyn is just being dumb. She just witnessed me dragging my nuts across an entire town for Days in a game that finished right as this was starting

I don't need to derp to get myself cleared, that's bush league sh*t. I'm not used to this site and was in a rush. Suffice to say the troll by HallyMod worked and now I look stupid for working under the assumption he was what he had claimed and revealed as at a glance.

3 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Nyn is just being dumb. She just witnessed me dragging my nuts across an entire town for Days in a game that finished right as this was starting

If you're talking about Sooh's game, which is the only game you could be talking about as far as I can see, you were scum there And you were hardly dragging your nuts because you had over 255 posts. So I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

15 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

If you're talking about Sooh's game, which is the only game you could be talking about as far as I can see, you were scum there And you were hardly dragging your nuts because you had over 255 posts. So I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

That's just an expression to mean kick ass, dominate, etc.

The overall point is that your argument of me being scum because I'm "pretending" to be clueless is garbage.

I'm not going to argue the point of Halli's joke flip and your consequent posts. I don't believe you, personally. But w/e. It's not something that can be rationalized or proven. It's my impression. You've been white knighting me like crazy, you've showed a ton of willingness to vote DPR but continuously didn't follow through with it at EoD, even though you repeatedly said, **** this, I'm just gonna vote. And you continuously doubted his claim. You only voted when he started speaking about C9++... which felt contrived by him. I feel like if you were gonna vote? It should have been done instead of playing around with who's gonna hammer and you prodding at Smash, Lee and whatever else you were doing there at EoD. bottom line is, I don't think you're town.

2 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

That's just an expression to mean kick ass, dominate, etc.

The overall point is that your argument of me being scum because I'm "pretending" to be clueless is garbage.

That was only one point of my problem with you, but I can understand how you'd want to focus on that.

I pretty clearly doubted DPR's claim as soon as he made it. I was also willing to vote him prior to that. I asked at one point if Ape wanted the hammer for christ's sake. After the claim I called BS immediately, and we were still discussing it. I was responding to other people's posts, etc.

But when the C9++ thing happened it was apparent he was lying at that point, so yeah, I voted then because I had no more doubts.

And yeah, I'll defend someone I think is town. It was clear to me D1 and I was correct D2 in why you were scum reading DPR. I just know how you tick and JiF wasn't making good points as to why you were scum compared to what I know about you. Simple as that.

10 hours ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Plus I had been rolling around in my head that maybe this game was, as someone suggested, a team of police hunting down separate SKs. So DPR claiming a 1x Doc there made me think that maybe he really did have a protection power but in the form of  BPV as a SK.

I had trouble reconciling my read of Leelou and DPR, and now that I know he was town it doesn't really help me feel any better about my original concerns.

I think my definition of casually keeping up is loose. It should be 'barely paying attention'

What does BPV have to do with claiming 1x doc

10 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

I think my definition of casually keeping up is loose. It should be 'barely paying attention'

What does BPV have to do with claiming 1x doc

It was a thought that occurred to me that DPR could've been a SK claiming a 1x Doc ability because it's fairly common practice to make them either 1x BP or investigation immune

40 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm not going to argue the point of Halli's joke flip and your consequent posts. I don't believe you, personally. But w/e. It's not something that can be rationalized or proven. It's my impression. You've been white knighting me like crazy, you've showed a ton of willingness to vote DPR but continuously didn't follow through with it at EoD, even though you repeatedly said, **** this, I'm just gonna vote. And you continuously doubted his claim. You only voted when he started speaking about C9++... which felt contrived by him. I feel like if you were gonna vote? It should have been done instead of playing around with who's gonna hammer and you prodding at Smash, Lee and whatever else you were doing there at EoD. bottom line is, I don't think you're town.

I'll accept your apology post game then.

19 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

Just curious what was there to doubt about a one shot doctor claim? Too many power roles?

probably multiple reasons why DPR did what he did when under voting pressure one being he was trying to out the real doc for his scum team. All of this was discussed earlier when we were discussing DPR you go back and read if you're confused with how power roles and strategy work in this game.

11 hours ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Smash looks sketchy too because he made a big point of pushing people to comment on the likelihood of DPR's claim and then proceeded to back down from voting him. Could be legit, but I don't know him as a player and I pointed out already that one of his posts makes perfect if he's scum wanting to avoid hammering a claimed PR.

I am also very surprised that DPR's claim was real, so again, FML.

DPR's claim wasn't real. Hally spoilered the real results. He was a mafia goon. 

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Awesome list, right in the middle of competing trains between DPR, Pac and Nolder. 

Isn't it AJ who kept calling Leelou "opportunistic" for her vote on JC???????????

Smash is playing very well, if he's scum. I'm torn.

This is around when I crystalized my read on DPR. He's later go on to make that awful post about Pac's scum tell... and we know how the rest went.

Challenges Pac.

Agrees with DPR, about Pac. The post I shredded DPR for.

Agrees with me.

I don't know where you get town from this. I definitely get a scum vibe from it. 

8 minutes ago, Lily said:

I have Nyn as pretty solid town. I like her case on AJ. I don't believe he missed the joke, either. 

Okay. So let's talk about that.

I am scum with DPR. I am purposefully pretending that I don't know his actual role because the mod posted something else as a joke.

What do I gain from this?

it can be twisted to say that you're pretending to not know Dpr flipped scum to look like an absent-minded townie

but it's really not worth all the embarrassment if your acting job is a hatchet job

I don't get why it matters at all.