Anyone else scared of our CB situation?

InstantClassic

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

No one cared about this 9 months ago. 

No one cared about the "bump" 6 months ago. 

Using me to bump this thread a 2nd time 9 months after the fact may not change the fact that no one cared. 

Yes, you called it. Good job. 

Bump was during the season..now being able to reflect on what was in 2016, it's fair to say our secondary was as horrendous as expected.

You just happened to be the guy to claim we'd be "fine" with those world beaters, therefore you were quoted.

I was also wrong in the OP saying Pryor would be good this year.

It's fun to have discussions on a message board, and to look back on our thoughts. No need to get worked up.

1 minute ago, InstantClassic said:

Bump was during the season..now being able to reflect on what was in 2016, it's fair to say our secondary was as horrendous as expected.

You just happened to be the guy to claim we'd be "fine" with those world beaters, therefore you were quoted.

Debate 101. No need to get worked up.

Kind of hard to pat back that hard when you saw Pryor as a stud.  Your point about Skrine failing as #2 has a great deal of merit, but he played out of the slot plenty and failed there too.  I think people were just too high on Marcus Williams.  He was a nice surprise, but I think the boards overrated him.  It would be nice if they added some young talent because as with QB, WR, RB, they keep adding vets when they should be trying to find some young bodies. 

2 hours ago, InstantClassic said:

I was also wrong in the OP saying Pryor would be good this year.

It's fun to have discussions on a message board, and to look back on our thoughts. No need to get worked up.

My bad. This McCown signing has me a bit pissed. 

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think we all got it wrong, no one saw that sh*t show coming.

At least no one is kidding ourselfs this year.

On 7/27/2016 at 0:42 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cro may retire due to bad hips. 

That said, the CB position after Revis leaves much to be desired. Skrine is bad, Williams is unknown, Milliner can't stay healthy, McDougle is a forgotten man, and Burris is a rookie. I don't trust any CB outside of Revis. 

No. I got it right. And got negative rep for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Kind of hard to pat back that hard when you saw Pryor as a stud.  Your point about Skrine failing as #2 has a great deal of merit, but he played out of the slot plenty and failed there too.  I think people were just too high on Marcus Williams.  He was a nice surprise, but I think the boards overrated him.  It would be nice if they added some young talent because as with QB, WR, RB, they keep adding vets when they should be trying to find some young bodies. 

Fixed as you were replying. Yup, I was fully on board thinking Bowles had figured out how to use Pryor..sadly mistaken. 

Guys, I'm not saying "I told you so". Stevie wonder could see this secondary was lacking talent. I just think it's fun to reflect back on our thoughts. 

I don't think anyone could've predicted the lack of effort we'd see from Revis.

Archived